Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 RS - first impressions

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 01:15 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 522 Posts

Congrats on taking delivery. You are the 3rd white one and 4th car in town.

Once you get on the Sea-to-Sky, you won't want to get off, you just want to keep driving there up and down.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:20 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 522 Posts

Awesome car! Congratulations! I'll be keeping an eye out for you on the local roads!
He will be easy to spot, the other 2 white ones have PCCB, he spec-ed steel just like mine.

Not sure what the mix is at Langley, but Vancouver sold 5 white ones, 5 orange and 2 purple, only a white and a orange has been delivered and another white one on route.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:46 PM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 150 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks everyone for the welcome and kind comments.

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Only thing I'd have done differently is black headlights.
I gave this some thought; worried about achieving a JDM/blacked out look. Not something I wanted.

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
yes the 991 is BIG... well, have fun breaking it in and keeping the revs down hahaha... that was the single hardest thing about my owning my 991 gt3 so far...by a long shot!
btw greta doing great... just get her new cat today, now trying to clear all obd codes and then off to the cali smog station!
Hey Steve! Breaking it in,... mooty, TRAKCAR, and ChrisF were going to be my "break-in" team. I'm not sure I'd fare any better with "keeping revs down".

Sadly we couldn't meet up when Gretta (my old grey 7.2 GT3) was visiting Vancouver again. She has more mental mind share for me than the new RS still. Nothing quite matches a feeling of a perfectly executed heal-toe downshift (even if it's braking for a red light for a right hand turn)

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Yes, car much more extreme in person. Inside luxo barge I can stretch legs I love it.
Still don't like the grey air vents. should be black.
Silver or black seta belts?

Its comforting to know you have one of your own already so I don't have to look over my shoulder ;-)

Get your *** to The Ridge.
Wife really enjoyed the interior of the car; luxobarge. Exactly!

The air vents on the exterior? They're black. My seat belts are black.

I need you to get another 7.2 GT3 RS; I don't know why I am still looking at listings of them with bad intentions.

Ridge maybe on 9/14 if work doesn't get in the way and weather holds up.

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
Congrats, Stephen! Very special car for a very special person. Now go enjoy it!
Wife think's I'm "special too" (car ADD is a disease). Love for you to give this a whirl and hear your opinions sometime! This work thing gets in the way too often.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:57 PM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 150 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by 3mph
Awesome car! Congratulations! I'll be keeping an eye out for you on the local roads!
Thanks. I've seen your beauty around. Fashion Grey is very cool (too intellectual of a color for me).

Originally Posted by CRex
Congrats S!! Looking forward to your impressions over time. Mine won't come until January... but it'll be faster than yours coz it's purple
Hey A. Your new addition was my dream car growing up. Not having any in North America makes it that much more desirable too!

Barney isn't faster; but since everyone loves him - it's worth a lot more. However, with you as the driver, of course it's faster-er.

Originally Posted by ChrisF
Congrats Stephen. Can't wait for the feedback after Sea to Sky and The Ridge. I'll stand by my initial prediction that you are going to love this car.
Our first drive in the 7.2 GT3 on the Sea to Sky was epic; silence, random giggles, and smiles ear to ear. I don't know how this car will fare in the "fun" category. Nothing beats the feeling of a perfect heal-toe downshift (even at a red light to turn right)!

Looking forward to driving, living, and writing about thoughts on the various driving uses for this car. The 7.2 GT3 was best for my uses: 50% daily; 40% spirited driving; and 10% track.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:27 PM
C6 ZED
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 991 GT3RS First Impressions

Beautiful machine Stephen! Congratulations again. Looking forward to seeing you put it through its paces at Pacific on the 11th.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:04 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 530 Likes on 349 Posts

Beautiful, congrats!
Old 09-01-2015, 09:14 PM
H82BL8
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

very nice!
congrats!!
Old 09-01-2015, 09:30 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisF
Congrats Stephen. Can't wait for the feedback after Sea to Sky and The Ridge. I'll stand by my initial prediction that you are going to love this car.
+1, cant wait to hear from you. make it happen. Work is overrated. Jealous of you left coasters roads. Maybe we should summer there so I can go for morning runs in the cars..
Time to start collecting data where the best driving roads are.

Originally Posted by SSTHO
I gave this some thought; worried about achieving a JDM/blacked out look. Not something I wanted.

Hey Steve! Breaking it in,... mooty, TRAKCAR, and ChrisF were going to be my "break-in" team.

Wife really enjoyed the interior of the car; luxobarge. Exactly!

The air vents on the exterior? They're black. My seat belts are black.

Ridge maybe on 9/14 if work doesn't get in the way and weather holds up.

Wife think's I'm "special too" (car ADD is a disease). Love for you to give this a whirl and hear your opinions sometime! This work thing gets in the way too often.
So not full on panda then. I like it, 911's are bright eyed

Love to come break it in, but on the 14th. I am still on a plane ride home from France (Lemans) for "work".

Luxobarge :-), my excitement went up a couple of notches when I found out I may actually click the seat one step forward from all the way back. And it tilts!!

I meant the 4 interior vents, just like the 997m it annoys me that those 4 pieces stick out with the grey color that doesn't match anything else, clearly carry over from cheaper 991's. CF is a solution and with the std CF stuff all over I may do it, or paint them black.

Right, "sign here honey and I need a check" LOL... Mine is such a trooper.
We're special all right, now where are those future home plans with 900sqft of living space and a 16 car garage ;-) The kids can have a little 23 window bus to sleep in.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:23 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,224 Likes on 603 Posts

Congrats, looks great! I'm sure you are going to like it.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:29 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Gorgeous!! Congrats.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:53 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Car looks great. I do not know why any one would think white in this car not striking

Love it- Enjoy
Old 09-01-2015, 11:10 PM
dntlvet
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, drive it and enjoy.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:10 PM
mainly
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Congrats on taking delivery. You are the 3rd white one and 4th car in town.

you mean the 4th "RS"?

yikes, how many 991 gt3's are there if there are 4 RS's?

i still havent seen anther gt3 in edmonton besides my own, let alone an RS!

im happy about this of course.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:08 AM
whoadude
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Beautiful car Stephen! Congrats, I'm sure any one of us would have given up the 7.2 (even as perfect as yours was) for this beauty!
Old 09-02-2015, 02:12 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts
Default 991 GT3 RS - first impressions

I'm not usually a fan of black wheels, but it works with this combo!! Congrats, man!

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 RS - first impressions