Pepita inserts for LWB seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
ricsan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pepita accessories

Hello Garry,

can you produce some accessories, bags, w.e. bags, back bag, key ring, with this 50th/R Pepita Houndstooth material at reasonable prices?
It's just my idea to develop eventually.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:37 PM
classicfx
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ricsan
Hello Garry,

can you produce some accessories, bags, w.e. bags, back bag, key ring, with this 50th/R Pepita Houndstooth material at reasonable prices.
it's just my idea to develop eventually.
Hi,

Maybe at a later date, but at the moment I've quite a few orders for covers so be behind a sewing machine for the next month :-)

Thanks

Garry
Old 08-16-2018, 05:44 PM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 514 Likes on 237 Posts

Email sent to Garry asking to match my PTS green with inserts.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:14 PM
classicfx
Banned

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Looks great.
Do you have a photo of them in the seats?
are they exact same shape/foam as oem?
I don't have any sorry as the material only arrived on Sat, with the second colour arriving today

Will post some once the first customer has a set :-)

Thanks Garry
Old 09-01-2018, 05:14 PM
rrmcg
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the pleasure of meeting Garry at his shop while traveling in London this week - a great guy and excellent craftsmanship at his shop. The 50/50 black/silver material seems to be identical to the OEM houndstooth in a 911R I saw, and they fit perfectly. I just finished replacing these with my stock inserts and I'm very happy with the result:

Behind is the stock GT3 touring material.

A note to anyone replacing theirs, the passenger bottom cushion is secured not only by velcro but also two white clips which snap into a small metal rod within to the cushion. Another thread mentioned difficulty unsnapping it with pliers or a screwdriver, but in my case, I found I could push down and up to unhook the cushion. It took a few tries, but they came out relatively easily. It's hard to see what you're doing as the clips are under the cushion, but this is what they look like:

There are 2 located near the rear of the seat:

Here's the bottom of the seat cushion with the metal rods which snap into the clips:

Only the passenger bottom cushion had these clips on my car - the other cushions were just secured with velcro and remove easily.
Old 09-01-2018, 05:44 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

So the cushions come complete?
Take out of the box and rip out old ones and put in new ones?
Old 09-01-2018, 06:12 PM
rrmcg
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
So the cushions come complete?
Take out of the box and rip out old ones and put in new ones?
No, you remove the original fabric from the seat cushions, which is attached with just velcro, and put the new material on in place. The covers from classicfx look and fit identically to my OEM covers, and took me about 10 mins to replace.

There's a video showing how it's done on their site: http://classiccarrestorationsurrey.c...-seat-inserts/

Old 09-01-2018, 06:16 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

Too bad, I was never any use in crafts class.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:12 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 289 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by rrmcg
No, you remove the original fabric from the seat cushions, which is attached with just velcro, and put the new material on in place. The covers from classicfx look and fit identically to my OEM covers, and took me about 10 mins to replace.

There's a video showing how it's done on their site: http://classiccarrestorationsurrey.c...-seat-inserts/
do you have Pebble Grey stitching? Tks
Old 09-01-2018, 10:14 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 289 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by classicfx
I don't have any sorry as the material only arrived on Sat, with the second colour arriving today

Will post some once the first customer has a set :-)

Thanks Garry
Garry if you a smaller piece of left over silver/black 911R material I would love for you to build me a small lumber cushion for my old back ... cheers Brian ... Halifax, NS. Canada
Old 09-02-2018, 05:30 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Just sent PM.

Interested in Black/Silver but want it with the cushion in tact. Just want "plug and play" and the ability to swap back and forth quickly.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:51 AM
classicfx
Banned

Wink

Originally Posted by Brian Himmelman

Garry if you a smaller piece of left over silver/black 911R material I would love for you to build me a small lumber cushion for my old back ... cheers Brian ... Halifax, NS. Canada
Let me finish the batch I have at the moment and I'll see what's left for you :-)
Old 09-02-2018, 06:00 AM
classicfx
Banned

Just an update to the above on the 50/50 911R materiel I have, all the black/silver is now sold I'm afraid. Those customers who have ordered sets with black/silver don't worry I've covered all existing orders with stock.

I still have some Agate left but only enough for 4 sets

All the other colour combo's in early OEM peptia and plaids are still avb. with some pictures here http://classiccarrestorationsurrey.c...-seat-inserts/

I'm in the process of cutting/stitching & assembling orders and have a patch ready for dispatch next week in all materials

No Ladies handbags I'm afraid :-)

Thanks all

Garry
Old 09-02-2018, 07:28 AM
_fletch
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rrmcg
I had the pleasure of meeting Garry at his shop while traveling in London this week - a great guy and excellent craftsmanship at his shop. The 50/50 black/silver material seems to be identical to the OEM houndstooth in a 911R I saw, and they fit perfectly. I just finished replacing these with my stock inserts and I'm very happy with the result:
Thanks for taking the time to post these pics. I have mine coming in from Garry and this has probably saved some frustration!
Old 09-13-2018, 01:09 PM
classicfx
Banned

LWB seat insert update! I'm pleased to announce that I've secured supplies of the Sport-tex material Porsche use in the new 911T. It's available in red, grey and yellow pinstripes as well as plain black, and makes a great alternative to Alcantara. I'm also pleased to offer it at the same price as our Pepita: £557 plus shipping.

Pictures of the black, yellow and red attached, as well as a grab of a red pinstripe 911T interior from the configurator:

More details on my website or PM me.

regards,

Garry

Quick Reply: Pepita inserts for LWB seats