Sponsored by:

991 GT3 RS - Confirmed Orders

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 05:05 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JCO
Latest rumors from my contact is that there will not be any second allocation. There will be an limited 4.2 l edition who will end the generation. Rumors is from Porsche test pilots on the Nurburgring and they claim there is a test mule already.
Originally Posted by NateOZ
I heard the same thing a few months back of the car being developed - supposedly this will come with MT as a premium option as well.
Considering the amount of pain most folks have been dealing with while trying to secure a 991.1 GT3 RS alloc (the 918 Spyder VIP program didn't help the situation), I suspect it will be impossible for non-918 VIP's to get any slots for the Limited Edition 991.2 GT3 RS 4.2 (or whatever it'll be called) in ~2018. In fact, if they keep the numbers low, like the 997.2 GT3 RS 4.0, then there will be half as many allocs for the US as there are 918 VIP's. And that'd be even more problematic than PCNA expected.
Old 05-27-2015, 05:16 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Considering the amount of pain most folks have been dealing with while trying to secure a 991.1 GT3 RS alloc (the 918 Spyder VIP program didn't help the situation), I suspect it will be impossible for non-918 VIP's to get any slots for the Limited Edition 991.2 GT3 RS 4.2 (or whatever it'll be called) in ~2018. In fact, if they keep the numbers low, like the 997.2 GT3 RS 4.0, then there will be half as many allocs for the US as there are 918 VIP's. And that'd be even more problematic than PCNA expected.
Agree - I have a friend that offered his dealer $10k today that they can keep even if he doesn't get a car and was turned away. I think it's not even worth considering an option at this point.
Old 05-27-2015, 05:28 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

I'm holding out for the 5L flat 8 final non carbon tub edition.
Old 05-27-2015, 05:28 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I'm holding out for the 5L flat 8 final non carbon tub edition.
I'm in for two. Thanks!
Old 05-27-2015, 05:40 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All I can say, Porsche better come through for those RS orders that have been in the system for months now at V070...after all, they are making 2016 GT3's when there wasn't suppose to be any....
Old 05-27-2015, 05:42 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rockitman
All I can say, Porsche better come through for those RS orders that have been in the system for months now at V070...after all, they are making 2016 GT3's when there wasn't suppose to be any....
Agreed. Lots of money left on the table.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:01 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

And shame on PCNA for the VIP program. Just because you have millions to spend on cars doesn't mean you should have an allocation advantage.... I'm sure the multi millionaires are laughing at this post.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:15 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

And shame on PCNA for the VIP program. Just because you have millions to spend on cars doesn't mean you should have an allocation advantage.... I'm sure the multi millionaires are laughing at this post.
To be honest, I think the VIP program is cool. And I really should've ordered two 918 Spyders just so I don't have to deal with the same allocation annoyance I've been dealing with almost two decades.

I drove the car on the road (extensively), and on the track. Great car. Truly amazing. It just wasn't for me. I wouldn't end up desiring to drive it much, and unfortunately what you want to drive / like to drive is very personal, very emotional, very subjective. Since I don't like collecting things I'll never desire to drive, and since I don't like wasting money (no matter how large / small the sum), I passed.

My beef with the 918 Spyder VIP program that PCNA put together is that they did it when things were dicey for the 918. Sales in the US were shockingly slow, and they had to move 918 of them worldwide, more than double what McLaren was doing with the P1, and more than LaFerrari. At this price point, it's tough to do that, especially when Porsche is known for significantly lower price points than Ferrari.

It felt a bit rushed, and its impact on future allocations to loyal Porsche customers who can't / won't / didn't buy the 918 wasn't necessarily thought through that well (in my opinion). Additionally, a lot of 918's went to people who collect hypercars (many have at least a P1, LaF, Pagani, Veyron, CGT, Enzo) instead of people who collect Porsches and are die hard loyalists. Leaving these die hard loyalists at a disadvantage with respect to allocations is unfortunate, and this makes an already terrible situation (with respect to how many respectable, trustworthy, and honest dealers exist out there) worse.

Look at it this way, with roughly 297 original 918 buyers in the US, if the 997.2 GT3 RS 4.0 came out today, approx. 150 of these million dollar car buyers will be left without an allocation, and extremely disappointed. That's a huge client relations problem for PCNA.

(Side note about the VIP irony: To buy LaFerrari, you had to be a Ferrari VIP. To become a Porsche VIP, you had to buy a 918 Spyder.)
Old 05-27-2015, 06:52 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

To be honest, I think the VIP program is cool. And I really should've ordered two 918 Spyders just so I don't have to deal with the same allocation annoyance I've been dealing with almost two decades.

I drove the car on the road (extensively), and on the track. Great car. Truly amazing. It just wasn't for me. I wouldn't end up desiring to drive it much, and unfortunately what you want to drive / like to drive is very personal, very emotional, very subjective. Since I don't like collecting things I'll never desire to drive, and since I don't like wasting money (no matter how large / small the sum), I passed.

My beef with the 918 Spyder VIP program that PCNA put together is that they did it when things were dicey for the 918. Sales in the US were shockingly slow, and they had to move 918 of them worldwide, more than double what McLaren was doing with the P1, and more than LaFerrari. At this price point, it's tough to do that, especially when Porsche is known for significantly lower price points than Ferrari.

It felt a bit rushed, and its impact on future allocations to loyal Porsche customers who can't / won't / didn't buy the 918 wasn't necessarily thought through that well (in my opinion). Additionally, a lot of 918's went to people who collect hypercars (many have at least a P1, LaF, Pagani, Veyron, CGT, Enzo) instead of people who collect Porsches and are die hard loyalists. Leaving these die hard loyalists at a disadvantage with respect to allocations is unfortunate, and this makes an already terrible situation (with respect to how many respectable, trustworthy, and honest dealers exist out there) worse.

Look at it this way, with roughly 297 original 918 buyers in the US, if the 997.2 GT3 RS 4.0 came out today, approx. 150 of these million dollar car buyers will be left without an allocation, and extremely disappointed. That's a huge client relations problem for PCNA.

(Side note about the VIP irony: To buy LaFerrari, you had to be a Ferrari VIP. To become a Porsche VIP, you had to buy a 918 Spyder.)
No Eco-freak Porsches for me, even if I had the money...if I don't get an RS, I will buy a 458 Speciale and be done with sports cars and Porsche for that matter...cry me a river.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:41 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 157 Posts

I realize this is the GT3 forum but if I didn't already have a 458 I would do it instead of any 911. YMMV
Old 05-27-2015, 08:21 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 232 Posts

Agreed
Simply because I know all three of us want one.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:38 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

My dealer has just been in Germany driving it on the track - he was able to confirm a few things for me, I'll call him tomorrow and see if he heard on more allocations. I know they're desperate to get some as they get calls everyday from people looking for them.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:32 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by NateOZ
My dealer has just been in Germany driving it on the track - he was able to confirm a few things for me, I'll call him tomorrow and see if he heard on more allocations. I know they're desperate to get some as they get calls everyday from people looking for them.
So what are the cold hard facts...if you don't have V200, your SOL on the RS or is it too soon to tell ? I may need to make more plans like flying down to Miami to check this car out...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-458-...m=391141216755

I don't want to spend that kind of money, but when I'm pissed and dissed, it might make me feel better...
Old 05-28-2015, 10:57 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

So what are the cold hard facts...if you don't have V200, your SOL on the RS or is it too soon to tell ? I may need to make more plans like flying down to Miami to check this car out...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-458-...m=391141216755

I don't want to spend that kind of money, but when I'm pissed and dissed, it might make me feel better...
Still haven't had a chance to speak to him on the allocation front yet. He might still be over there so it may take a few days.

All I've heard from him so far is that he did double check for me that the washer nozzles and mirror trim are black as standard and that he loved it on the track.

Aren't they still making Speciales? You might be able to find one new
Old 05-28-2015, 11:07 AM
AciDShOrT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 458 Speciale. It's awesome. You should get that.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 RS - Confirmed Orders