Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 11:24 PM
Matt-R20
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 59 Posts

Nice guys! Glad you are finally getting your rides!
Old 06-25-2015, 11:00 AM
2006Z06
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi guys, i am new to this site and have read a great deal and learned so much....some very passionate members and i hope to add to it soon! I am fortunate enough to have secured an RS allocation with a PTS option (late 2015 build). I hope this is an appropriate place for this question, despite that its a signal green thread.
Firstly (and i fully agree that color is a matter of personal taste!), i would hate to indulge a Mary K Pink preference only to find i can't selll the car (without discount for the color in relation to other colors that are then on the market) in a few years! ....and woud love to have something that would fetch a premium!!
That said, i really like the Signal Yellow (code 114, which i note from Eduardo is the same code from the original in the 70s, albeit a slightly different tone) wtih Signal Green a close second.
What do you guys think about sale-ability of a yellow RS in the future?
Thanks guys!
Old 06-25-2015, 01:07 PM
FrstPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I think the economy at the time you want to sell the car will have a much great impact on the price of the car than the color. Only do pts and pay the extra for it because you love the color and it will make you want to keep the car longer. If you think you will want something else in a couple years forget about it. Most people forget that people that buy used cars do so because they expect a discount over buying a new car. The way cars a going up and up in terms of performance you can bet Porsche will be making a car two to three years from now that performs better than the current RS version. Most of the previous versions of gt3's and RS's are high right now because they were manuals. If Porsche comes out with a manual gt3 in a year or two watch the prices of those cars plummet. There's no other reason to buy one.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:35 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default 'Signal Yellow' 991 gt3 RS...

Originally Posted by 2006Z06
I hope this is an appropriate place for this question, despite that its a signal green thread.
It's whole lot more than that...it's a 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' and 'Fashion Grey' late '15 gt3 allocation thead!

Firstly (and i fully agree that color is a matter of personal taste!), i would hate to indulge a Mary K Pink preference only to find i can't selll the car (without discount for the color in relation to other colors that are then on the market) in a few years! ....and woud love to have something that would fetch a premium!!
'Mary Kay Pink' is more suitable for a Cadillac than a 991 gt3 RS....

But 'Pink Shoe' might be a possibility for you...although it's not yet approved!

That said, i really like the Signal Yellow (code 114, which i note from Eduardo is the same code from the original in the 70s, albeit a slightly different tone) wtih Signal Green a close second.
I have never seen a new PTS 'Signal Yellow' 991, but I would think it's pretty damn close to my old 1973 'Signal Yellow' since they kept the same vintage color code 114!

McKenna's 991 C4S in PTS 'Signal Yellow':

For more info on the above PTS 'Signal Yellow' C4S, see these two links:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...-colors-7.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8219...this-is-4.html

What do you guys think about sale-ability of a yellow RS in the future?
Extremely good. And at a premium price over a non-PTS 991 gt3 RS with options, mileage & condition in my humble opinion!

There is at least one 'Signal Yellow' MY2015 gt3 in Colorado right now that we know of and you will not be the only one ordering a 'Signal Yellow' 991 gt3 RS would be my guess!

Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
I think the economy at the time you want to sell the car will have a much great impact on the price of the car than the color. Only do pts and pay the extra for it because you love the color and it will make you want to keep the car longer. If you think you will want something else in a couple years forget about it. Most people forget that people that buy used cars do so because they expect a discount over buying a new car. The way cars a going up and up in terms of performance you can bet Porsche will be making a car two to three years from now that performs better than the current RS version. Most of the previous versions of gt3's and RS's are high right now because they were manuals. If Porsche comes out with a manual gt3 in a year or two watch the prices of those cars plummet. There's no other reason to buy one.
I have a slightly different perspective on this topic. I think we are pretty close to the end of the 'naturally aspirated' gt3's before these are no longer built by Porsche. And I think that both the .1 991 gt3 and .1 991 gt3 RS will be a collectable car in the near future. As such, I predict that the PTS versions in a desirable color will command a premium over a non PTS edition. Simply because of the rarity factor. I don't believe that a manual 991 gt3 RS, even if built for the .2 version (a big question mark), would impact negatively the value of the PDK Sport 991 gt3's or RS's.

Furthermore, even with the advances in turbo technology (Ferrari 488, for example), the NA engines will remain a more desirable motor for many & heavily influence future demand & collectability for this NA model, regardless how on paper the performance might appear much greater! In fact, Porsche will probably concentrate shortly in a 960/988 FeFi that will become the competitive focus of the company...so we really don't know how much further the 911 gt3 chassis & motors will be developed for competition racing. So that bodes well for future value of all versions of the 991 gt3 models since they may be the last of an era.

So in summary, PTS 'Signal Yellow' (color code 114) is a beautiful color. I am pretty sure you will always find someone that will like this historic/vintage color...and be willing to buy it at a premium for its rarity factor on a gt3 or RS. Same for many other 'popular' & 'desirable' current PTS colors offered by PAG. But not all PTS colors are either 'popular' or 'desirable'...so caveat lector. So it's good you are doing your due diligence on the color. My dos centavos, for what it's worth.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Currently in sunny West Seattle!
Old 06-25-2015, 05:56 PM
2006Z06
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks guys for a your input (and a few laughs too!)!
some more thinking to do....i have a week or so before i have to commit apparently....
Old 06-25-2015, 09:44 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 789 Likes on 365 Posts

RS will trade above list for a while after you get it.

PTS flavours of the week are the greens, followed by the blues.

Big gas tank and LWB are must have options.

That said, I'm ordering the car for me, not the next guy.
Old 06-26-2015, 02:57 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
I have a slightly different perspective on this topic. I think we are pretty close to the end of the 'naturally aspirated' gt3's before these are no longer built by Porsche. And I think that both the .1 991 gt3 and .1 991 gt3 RS will be a collectable car in the near future. As such, I predict that the PTS versions in a desirable color will command a premium over a non PTS edition. Simply because of the rarity factor. I don't believe that a manual 991 gt3 RS, even if built for the .2 version (a big question mark), would impact negatively the value of the PDK Sport 991 gt3's or RS's.
Much more reasonable/likely.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:11 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

Wow that ARS is the best 991 GT3 I've seen, hands down. And well played not going with the white tail lamps.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:05 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Few more ARM pictures before my car goes off to my detailer.

Last edited by 0to60; 07-13-2015 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-27-2015, 01:05 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Another 'Modegrau' gt3 shows up at Porsche of Stevens Creek in CA!

Originally Posted by dwishner
Stevens Creek Porsche has a new GT3 PTS that arrived today and is available.

MSRP is about $157K...

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...le-norcal.html

Yes, it doesn't surprise me. One of the ten 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau' late allocation PTS gt3s we have been tracking on the thread linked below, although we didn't know Porsche of Stevens Creek was going to get one.

Fashion Grey/Modegrau'
Core Base Standard & Options
4-way Sport Plus Seats,
Extended Range Fuel Tank (082)
Seat Heating (342)
Front Axle Lift (474)
Sound Package Plus (490)
LED Headlights (602 or XEY)
Sport Chrono (643)
Sirius/XM/HD Radio (690)
Floor Mats (810)
Auto Dimming Mirrors/Rain Sensor (P13)
PCM w. Navigation (P23)
Ornamental Porsche Crest (ZAB):

Plus the following particulars:

Leather/Alcantara Interior, Platinum Stitching (078)
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell (581)
Brushed Aluminum Interior Package - Anthracite (P1B)
Wheels Painted in Black (XDG)
LED in Black (XEY)
Seat Belts in Silver Grey (XSH)
Sports Plus Backseats Shells in Leather (XWK)
Doors Sills in SS, Illuminated (XXB)

MSRP for the 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau' gt3 is $155,765.
Destination and guzzler tax 1,995.
Total $157,760

This is the most expensive of the specs and the one with the most options.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...grey-gt3s.html

Frankly, we should see several more 'Fashion Grey' gt3s in the US dealer network shortly since we had a hard time identifying all ten of them initially:

'Fashion Grey / Modegrau'

1) Champion Florida. (Available. Asking $178,000 or $20K over MSRP)
2) Rusnak Pasadena (Available. Asking $198,000 or $40K over MSRP). Rusnak initially claimed it was 'Mexico Blue' and not 'Modegrau'!
3) New Country - Porsche of Greenwich. Supposedly will be sold to Jerry Seinfeld.
4) Gaudin Porsche of Las Vegas - (Sold to Rennlist user)
5) Porsche of North Houston (Sold)
6) Porsche of Stevens Creek (Available as of today)
7) ?
8) ?
9) ?
10) Assigned to customer known as 'Anonymous918' & who has two 918's on order! He is the only PTS gt3 in this group whose specs were totally modified from original. He is getting LWB, PCCB, etc. Along with the North Carolina buyer, I believe this PTS 'Modegrau' is an extra build and does not count against the original 10 'Modegrau' that PAG/PCNA originally thought to allocated to the US dealers on the reward program. But I don't have confirmation of that at the present time and is only speculation.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Currently in the Hood Canal, WA
Old 06-27-2015, 07:58 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default And one of the 10 'Arena Red Metallic' gt3s shows up at Capital in Tallahassee!

Originally Posted by Z356
Matt: What dealer had this 'Arena Red Metallic' gt3 you photographed? And was it pre-sold? Your local P-dealer in Destin doesn't show it in inventory.

Saludos,
Eduardo

Originally Posted by matttheboatman
Eduardo, it was Capital Porsche in Tallahassee. At the time of these pics, it was not sold. But, I believe it was purchased that day. Call Mike Ludes there.
https://rennlist.com/forums/newreply...e=1&p=12390726

This might be our latest count:

'Arena Red Metallic'
Confirmed
1) Porsche of Tacoma -WA (Were asking $10K over MSRP)
2) Porsche of Omaha -NE - (Under Contract to Rennlister)
3) Porsche of Conshohoken - PA - (Under Contract at MSRP to Rennlister).
4) Porsche Exchange - IL
5) Porsche of Beverly Hills - CA
6) Sewickley Porsche - PA (Under contract to local customer)
7) Manhattan Motor Car Company NYC -
8) Porsche of North Scottsdale AZ -
9) New Country - P of Greenwich CT -
10) Capital Porsche - Tallahassee FL -

Saludos,
Eduardo
Currently in hot & sunny Hood Canal in Washington State

Last edited by Z356; 06-27-2015 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:58 AM
Ma991
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine finally made it home. For a few days till it goes off to get wrapped.
Attached Images  
Old 06-28-2015, 02:00 AM
Ma991
Racer

Posting from iPad.
Attached Images  
Old 06-28-2015, 02:01 AM
Ma991
Racer

So
Attached Images  
Old 06-28-2015, 02:04 AM
Ma991
Racer

I can only post one pic per message, sorry about that. One last one of my pair.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!