Sponsored by:

Unpleasant moment with Porsche dealer in Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 09:28 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,407 Likes on 2,514 Posts

Originally Posted by kshu1991
Thank you very much! I hope I don't have to call you, lol.
Just let me know. I can be there on 3/9, 3/13, 3/14, or any day the week of March 16th.

*dealerships in the Chicago area are closed on Sundays. FYI.

And if you want to grab the car early, you can store it in my heated garage till it's a more convenient time for you to drive home.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:33 AM
dntlvet
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a bit of a pressure game.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:01 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Just let me know. I can be there on 3/9, 3/13, 3/14, or any day the week of March 16th.

*dealerships in the Chicago area are closed on Sundays. FYI.

And if you want to grab the car early, you can store it in my heated garage till it's a more convenient time for you to drive home.
That's a "class act" by your offer LexVan, well done.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:42 PM
kshu1991
Instructor

Update: Dealer send me a package contains many documents for me to sign. And the salesman called me today talked about the 48 hours policy. He says it's a policy of their dealer. And he keeps telling me there are hundreds of people who want this car.

I know he is talking bs, but how should I fight back? Need some advise.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:16 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Well, in this case you may have to swallow some humble pie because you probably really want this car and you may not find another.

But after you pick it up call PCNA and rip the Dealer and ask for a survey for that Dealer immediately. Then tell them that you are going to post your experience on Rennlist.

I hate people/Dealers who use leverage like this.

Its like when my Wife asks if I love her right before we have sex. What am I going to say, "no"??? - I ain't no dummy
Old 03-09-2015, 04:24 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 360 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Its like when my Wife asks if I love her right before we have sex. What am I going to say, "no"??? - I ain't no dummy
Haha Jimmy! You're funny man!

Old 03-09-2015, 04:25 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 310 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by kshu1991
Yesterday, I sent back the new signed purchase agreement include some extra fee like clear bar.
What's with the "second sticker" in the form of a clear bra? Did you order this? If not, I say it probably goes with the car, gratis. Or, they remove it.

I've never been asked to wire money to a dealer.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:30 PM
kshu1991
Instructor

Originally Posted by WernerE
What's with the "second sticker" in the form of a clear bra? Did you order this? If not, I say it probably goes with the car, gratis. Or, they remove it. I've never been asked to wire money to a dealer.
It's Xpel ultimate.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:41 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny when I just received my 2014 GT3 and I knew I was going to replace it with a 2015, I called the dealer you are referring to and they said "they have zero interest in my GT3"

How stories change. I have never trusted that steeler of a dealer.

Be careful before you pay, but rip them when you get the survey from Porsche it impacts their future allocation.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:46 PM
LexVan
Banned

Jimmy, I've always said, you're a lover, not a fighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 03-09-2015, 04:48 PM
kshu1991
Instructor

Well, in this case you may have to swallow some humble pie because you probably really want this car and you may not find another. But after you pick it up call PCNA and rip the Dealer and ask for a survey for that Dealer immediately. Then tell them that you are going to post your experience on Rennlist. I hate people/Dealers who use leverage like this. Its like when my Wife asks if I love her right before we have sex. What am I going to say, "no"??? - I ain't no dummy
Lol, I really laugh for the last sentence.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:54 PM
LexVan
Banned

Hshu, what do you want us to do next? We don't want our Rennlist brothers getting screwed over. Jimmy and I are ready to got to Westmont Napelton Porsche and start kicking some ***.

Pay for the car. Jimmy and I will go get it for you and keep it safe until you can come to Chicago.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 03-09-2015, 05:00 PM
kshu1991
Instructor

Originally Posted by LexVan
Hshu, what do you want us to do next? We don't want our Rennlist brothers getting screwed over. Jimmy and I are ready to got to Westmont Napelton Porsche and start kicking some ***. Pay for the car. Jimmy and I will go get it for you and keep it safe until you can come to Chicago. Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Thanks. The main problem is the money is currently not in my account. I need a few more days to make them available.

To be honest, I don't want to deal with them any more. As soon as I get the money, I will pay and take my gt3 home.

I don't know why they pushing me this hard. Maybe money >>> customer?
Old 03-09-2015, 05:19 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It is very unreasonable to expect someone to fund an ordered car transaction in 48 hours "or else". Making them sign the sales agreement, significant deposit, etc. Yes. But not fund it. Seems like complete BS to me. I agree with some of the other posts here, I would do the following if I was in your situation.

1. go to dealer. don't call. don't email. walk up to the pretty girl at reception and tell her that you need to speak to the general manager. when she says he/she is not available, indicate that you are a customer with a complaint and it is important that you speak directly with them, because you will be speaking with Porsche Cars North America next. worse case, if she gives you to someone else (sales manager, etc.) then tell that person exactly the same thing.
2. whoever you get to, tell them that this is simple. you are buying the car. you are willing to sign the sales agreement, give a large deposit, and commit to the purchase. but that you were working off the original estimated date and that 48 hrs is not reasonable for a bank to fund the loan. you are accepted, it is happening, its just likely to take more like 3-4 days to complete.
3. this part is important - tell them that if they sell the car out from under you, you are going to make it your mission in life to seek retribution through PCNA. point out that you don't want to do this, that you would rather resolve with the dealer without escalation, that its not your nature. but that you feel so strongly that this would be an unfair business practice, that you will escalate and it wont be good for anyone. it wont be good for you, it wont be good for the dealer either.
4. remind them that if there are hundreds of buyers standing in line for the car, they will be there a couple days later. its not even the end of the month, when they are more pressured to book a sale.

anyway, that is what i would do. and by the way, its not just a bluff. pcna will listen and take action.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:06 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

post some names....I have a feeling I know who you're dealing with

Quick Reply: Unpleasant moment with Porsche dealer in Chicago