Sponsored by:

Unpleasant moment with Porsche dealer in Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 05:39 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Take your business to the Porsche Exchange in Highland Park, IL - nothing but good experiences with them and they have earned my loyalty. Heck, they have never taken, nor requested a deposit on any of the Porsches I have bought. When they told me I would get a GT3 it was done. Nothing in writing ect. When is was time to build it they called me to come in and build it with them.
Wow. Did you know them personally?

That level of service is unheard of, especially at exchange.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:40 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take your business to the Porsche Exchange in Highland Park, IL - nothing but good experiences with them and they have earned my loyalty. Heck, they have never taken, nor requested a deposit on any of the Porsches I have bought. When they told me I would get a GT3 it was done. Nothing in writing ect. When is was time to build it they called me to come in and build it with them.
My dealer does biz the same way. Cheers !
Old 03-06-2015, 06:45 PM
HT#70
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've dealt a lot with Paul, and yes he is straight up. He'll also get it taken care of there is an issue. I'd start with him.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:59 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
Wow. Did you know them personally?

That level of service is unheard of, especially at exchange.
Similar experience at Porsche of Chattanooga. When I was getting ready to pay for the car I realize that I never paid a deposit. Absolutely no pressure to pick the car up at anytime other than what was convenient for me. Good people! Fortunately they are close to Atlanta so I will certainly go back to them for my next P car. I'm #3 on the list for an RS if I decide to pull the trigger - MSRP, no deposit required!
Old 03-06-2015, 07:43 PM
916Bob
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Geeze... my SA said write us a check and tell us when it'll clear.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:31 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Napoli
Nigeria Porsche?
hahaha!

yes, open and close the deal with one guy.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:46 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,092 Likes on 1,009 Posts

Originally Posted by Lodi
Similar experience at Porsche of Chattanooga. When I was getting ready to pay for the car I realize that I never paid a deposit. Absolutely no pressure to pick the car up at anytime other than what was convenient for me. Good people! Fortunately they are close to Atlanta so I will certainly go back to them for my next P car. I'm #3 on the list for an RS if I decide to pull the trigger - MSRP, no deposit required!
Take the RS!
Old 03-06-2015, 08:54 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

There are good Dealers out there and no so good - such is life. Some times it is not the Dealer but a rogue Technician or Financial guy. It appears that this is a rogue Finance guy. I would not want to crucify a Dealer over this. I am sure it will get rectify. Plus, it appears you have a Friend here that will help you out at this Dealership and this is what this forum is all about - people with similar passions helping one and another
Old 03-06-2015, 09:10 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just like Jimmy said the exchange has been great. They called me one day and said do you want a gt3 I said yes. The said they would call me when they got their slots and they called no money down. Have bought a 2014 and 2015 gt3 from them plus numerous other Porsche's over the year. Have always been treated fairly and have never felt like they were selling me.

Westmont I would never do business with them. Best discount they ever offered on any Porsche even sitting on the floor for months was 2%. I said good luck.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:23 PM
Turbohead
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

after sale is complete they will ask you complete a survey for pna.they are very sensitive about what you will say.

tell them now how you intend to respond to this survey because of this attitude
expressed to you a customer spending $ 150k !!!

ELLIOT
Old 03-06-2015, 09:36 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,151 Likes on 466 Posts

I don't get the part about an "international wire". Do you not live in the USA? Maybe that is why they are being so pushy about funds? Just curious.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:52 PM
kshu1991
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Westmont Porsche sucks. Don't get me started. Let me know if you need any help in any way. I work very close to that dealership, and would be happy to drive over there if needed.
Thank you very much! I hope I don't have to call you, lol.

When I want to find a allocation, I went to Exchange. They said they would give the allocation to their VIP customers first, that why I don't order my GT3 from them. Seems like I should buy my next Porsche there so I would become a VIP customer there.

Originally Posted by disden
I don't get the part about an "international wire". Do you not live in the USA? Maybe that is why they are being so pushy about funds? Just curious.
Well, that one came after I told them I need to transfer money from my bank account in other country. I was trying to tell them 48 hours is ridiculous because international wire transfer would take at least 3 days. I have put a ten thousand deposit on this car to order it and keep asking them when will the car arrives for a long time. I believe my salesman know how urgent I want to take delivery of my GT3. I would do everything in order to drive my GT3 home ASAP. But 48 hours thing really **** me off. How stupid is that finance manager.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:13 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 116 Posts

Call PCNA and burn them.
Old 03-07-2015, 04:35 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,629 Likes on 2,314 Posts

pls list name of dealer and the finance manager's name.
he prolly wont get another finance job
pmt is to be made at time the car is release to you for pick up.
i pay after i finish my meal.
dont ask me to pay until i ate.
same thing.

does this guy actually understand finance or he just input number and computer split things out. ask him if he can hand amortize your pmt for you. and i dont mean calculator, i mean just one sheet of paper and a pencil....
Old 03-07-2015, 09:20 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbohead
after sale is complete they will ask you complete a survey for pna.they are very sensitive about what you will say.

tell them now how you intend to respond to this survey because of this attitude
expressed to you a customer spending $ 150k !!!

ELLIOT
They can neutralize that threat easily by not selling him the car in the end...

Quick Reply: Unpleasant moment with Porsche dealer in Chicago