Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unpleasant moment with Porsche dealer in Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 12:51 PM
16'991GT3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear everything ended up working out for you!
Old 01-15-2016, 04:18 PM
kshu1991
Instructor

Originally Posted by PTGFAR
When I ordered my car, they had me sign a paper that said I had to pay within 4 days. I called the sales person and told him that it was a pretty tight schedule to try to meet. He told me not to worry about it and that they don't enforce that requirement and some other conditions on the paper. When the car arrived, it took a number of days going back and forth to get the paper work straight but it was no problem.

It's interesting that being from out of the country didn't concern your dealer. My dealer told me that there is a condition imposed by Porsche that the car must not leave the country.
I know Porsche has some policies to punish the dealer if too many cars from that dealer are exported to other countries in a period of time. Porsche doesn't want these cars go to other market, for example, China, to challenge the price there.

I would say all the Porsche dealers in US should not be too nervous about selling a GT3 or a RS to a Chinese , because as far as I know, nearly every GT3s in China is sold with a 5% to 10% off discount. There is no benefit on exporting a GT3.

Dealers should be aware of people buying cayenne s. Chinese love luxury SUV and the price for a cayenne s in China is 15% more than get the same car from US after all the tax.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:09 PM
The New 911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kshu1991
Chinese love luxury SUV and the price for a cayenne s in China is 15% more than get the same car from US after all the tax.
Even more so the bigger and Longer European Sport's Sedans. For instance the Long Wheel Base Audi's and Long Wheel Base Panamera Porsche's! Just adding about four or five inches length wise between the wheel base is a very big Status Symbol.

Are Buick's still outselling Cadillac's in China? To bad Buick doesn't make the T-Type/Grand National/GNX.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:52 AM
kshu1991
Instructor

Originally Posted by The New 911
Even more so the bigger and Longer European Sport's Sedans. For instance the Long Wheel Base Audi's and Long Wheel Base Panamera Porsche's! Just adding about four or five inches length wise between the wheel base is a very big Status Symbol.

Are Buick's still outselling Cadillac's in China? To bad Buick doesn't make the T-Type/Grand National/GNX.
Yes, Buick Regal sells really well in China(This generation Regal is developed by Buick China, and Buick has factory in China, which makes the price of Regal really low). I remember Cadillac reenter Chinese market years ago, for now they are still building their brand. Personally I think ats is better than 3 series, but 3 series in China has an "L" at the end of the number.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:41 AM
SDGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Take your business to the Porsche Exchange in Highland Park, IL - nothing but good experiences with them and they have earned my loyalty. Heck, they have never taken, nor requested a deposit on any of the Porsches I have bought. When they told me I would get a GT3 it was done. Nothing in writing ect. When is was time to build it they called me to come in and build it with them.
The Exchange has been the best dealer to work with of any car I have ever purchased. They have always been fair and responsive. Cannot say the same for other Chicago land dealers.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:19 AM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SDGT3
The Exchange has been the best dealer to work with of any car I have ever purchased. They have always been fair and responsive. Cannot say the same for other Chicago land dealers.
The Exchange is awesome.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:43 PM
Gofast430
8th Gear

Default Finance Managers

Most dealership finance managers are arrogant ********. They think
they hold the keys to the kingdom. All I want from a finance
manager are the keys and paperwork as I run by his office when
escaping.

Quick Reply: Unpleasant moment with Porsche dealer in Chicago