Sponsored by:

Things I don't like about RS

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 07:29 PM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

..oops I forgot about the pit limiter!

All kidding aside, I still plan to get one .. hahaha!
Old 03-05-2015, 07:31 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
..oops I forgot about the pit limiter!

All kidding aside, I still plan to get one .. hahaha!
Lol
Old 03-05-2015, 07:58 PM
street
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan39
-the color choices
-all the black plastic, especially the rear deck
-the higher stance that people are reporting
+1 on the black plastic. As posted elsewhere, wish the Turbo option of painting vents was available...on second thought, maybe I need to ask PCNA. The rear deck should be visible carbon.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:06 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,372 Likes on 2,487 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
Turn off all the nannies
rev hard
you ll get a scary GT3/RS and you Need to be a pro driver at limits

not to mention what happened to a forum member
driving a GT3 at LeMans track day....

or maybe a russian roulette that could get suddenly
mad make people addicted to adrenaline happier?

Please keep this level of manageability which to me means
a very good engineering job which makes a GT3/RS worth the the money regardless the Ring (who apart the marketing people ) really track at that level of risk?

if not enough in performance Cup is always there but never sacrifice safety for performance
thats simply crazy
I've had my share of time in a car that was trying to kill me due to suspension issues, and that's definitely not the kind of 'scary' I mean (nor, I assume, does Petevb). I'm thinking more a kind of intensity, sharpness, ... What people crave in the 7.2 RS, what the 991 GT3 offers, except distilled further.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:06 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

First of all I want to say that if I was in the market I would definitely get one, anyways here's my minor dislikes:
- rear wing too kit like
- front fender and rear quarter vents
- behind the rear wheel lower bumper vent extensions
- door panels pockets
- 8800 rpm
Old 03-05-2015, 09:39 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I really question why a lot of the people who have interest in the RS do...when it clearly makes no sense for them.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:00 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
I really question why a lot of the people who have interest in the RS do...when it clearly makes no sense for them.
You actually nailed it!
This car doesn't make a lot of sense! A true race car makes sense. So does a Camry.
But a Porsche RS is for those of us that didn't get the chance to become pro race drivers but still wants to feel like one every now and then.
Lexan, straps, stickers on the hood makes no sense but adds to the wanna be race car driver feel.
Personally I will never be able to extract the last tenth of these cars, but they put a big smile on my face every time I go for a drive.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:11 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

^^ :-)

I only wish for saner color choices and/or PTS.
Purple it is.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:11 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
You actually nailed it!
This car doesn't make a lot of sense! A true race car makes sense. So does a Camry.
But a Porsche RS is for those of us that didn't get the chance to become pro race drivers but still wants to feel like one every now and then.
Lexan, straps, stickers on the hood makes no sense but adds to the wanna be race car driver feel.
Personally I will never be able to extract the last tenth of these cars, but they put a big smile on my face every time I go for a drive.
I get all of that, we're all a part of that fantasy even though many of us do race. But then why neuter it with complaints of the vents and wing when they make for a car that we actually get the experience aero downforce at track speeds.

Porsche should just do as BMW did, put RS behind other cars for that crowd. GTS-RS would sell like Porsche Martini polo shirts, hotcakes.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:12 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
Sure, the door handles and pit speed dumb down the car a little. But they managed to build a GT3 that is faster and also more comfortable for long distance use over the outgoing 997GT3. Personally, I feel it is time to remove some of that comfort from the RS (which should be reserved for the non RS.) Porsche should have taken a 991CUP car and used that as the base for installing enough interior panels to make it streetable as opposed to taking a Carrera and removing a few console switches, rear seats and door handles. The RS should have plain lightweight door panels, no pit speed, no steering wheel controls. Just simple. A/C and radio to be only option. Dare i say make the car uncomfortable. Something only fit to use for weekend drives and track days...
you nailed it! Exactly what I want to say!!!
Old 03-05-2015, 10:19 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Originally Posted by consolidated
I get all of that, we're all a part of that fantasy even though many of us do race. But then why neuter it with complaints of the vents and wing when they make for a car that we actually get the experience aero downforce at track speeds. Porsche should just do as BMW did, put RS behind other cars for that crowd. GTS-RS would sell like Porsche Martini polo shirts, hotcakes.
I think Porsche should really look after the RS heritage.
The 1rs doesn't match the outside with the inside! But I get it. If PAG makes it more of a cup car on the inside they won't sell 2000 of these!
That's my only complaint about this car.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:22 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 1rs doesn't match the outside with the inside! But I get it. If PAG makes it more of a cup car on the inside they won't sell 2000 of these!
Pointing out the obvious...Porsche (well VW mothership) is only worried about profit. Period.

If anyone thinks any different they are kidding themselves.

It's a new day...competition has arrived.

All VW brands will 'keep' their heritage as much as they can, but that must coincide with profits.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:25 PM
consolidated
Drifting

I agree about the RS badge, not that it was that sacred with the 997. My .1 RS just looks better than the base car.

I say live the racer fantasy with a race fantasy car. Taking away the wing, vents and downforce is taking away the interest for me in this car, I really don't care much about having more HP. It will be more than two handfuls at the track with 500 German ponies (530 converted to RoW horses).

Last edited by consolidated; 03-05-2015 at 10:49 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:32 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Originally Posted by ATXGT3
I the to point out the obvious...Porsche (well VW mothership) is only worried about profit. Period. If anyone thinks any different they are kidding themselves. It's a new day...competition has arrived.
True, but I would look at it this way! You keep the RS as extreme/light as possible! I'm thinking center console delete, really thin carpets, no nav, radio, no sport crono, no pit lane/cruise control maybe even get a real track lap timer! Set up like the perfect DE car. You might loose a few customers that really wants all the comfy stuff! That might buy a gt3 or a turbo instead?
Old 03-05-2015, 10:34 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,739 Likes on 5,126 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Price aside, I get as much attention as I can tolerate with my plain old 3. It's hard to imagine myself driving around in an orange or purple car with that giant racer wing!
Amen.

Quick Reply: Things I don't like about RS