Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I LIKE

Front fender vents
Turbo air scoops
New steering wheel with colored 12 o'clock band

DONT LIKE

Only 4 color choices
No Roll cage option from Porsche
I was hoping for at least 530HP (small jump from 475 GT3 to 500 GT3 RS)
No Deviated stitching in Yellow to match PCCB's
Wing is too large and tall, looks almost goofy
Old 03-05-2015, 03:06 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Im happy with everything but color choices , but keep in mind no such thing as enough HP
Old 03-05-2015, 03:13 PM
Total911_GT3RS
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like that I don't have room for it in my garage!!! but I'm really ok with that. I am mesmerized by my new GT3. The GT3 is stunning and I am slightly still impressed by my GT3RS gen 2. Just slightly.... I say that jokingly as the GT3RS gen 2 has been flawless and looks gorgeous to me. It is difficult to believe they can improve two cars that are already incredible but Porsche seem to keep doing it. Attachment 916621
Attached Images    
Old 03-05-2015, 03:17 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

I just think that Black Silver Red white and yellow should always be available standard and blue green and unique colors as options along with PTS
Old 03-05-2015, 03:19 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 239 Posts

The price tag, and limited color choices.....
Old 03-05-2015, 03:35 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 144 Likes on 77 Posts

Price aside, I get as much attention as I can tolerate with my plain old 3. It's hard to imagine myself driving around in an orange or purple car with that giant racer wing!
Old 03-05-2015, 03:46 PM
ZZinger
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
Its got 530, dont you worry about that
You are probably correct but why does Porsche not just say the 'real' number…
Old 03-05-2015, 03:54 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Price aside, I get as much attention as I can tolerate with my plain old 3. It's hard to imagine myself driving around in an orange or purple car with that giant racer wing!
Yes, love those Porsche Gawkers who ride in the blind spot on highways. The RS is sure to bring even more unwanted attention.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:03 PM
Total911_GT3RS
Rennlist Member

That's what I thought before I bought mine in 2011. I questioned what the hell I had done! Funny how that giant racer wing feeling goes away after you drive it for a bit. Although the new one does stick out even more so!
Old 03-05-2015, 04:18 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 144 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Total911_GT3RS
That's what I thought before I bought mine in 2011. I questioned what the hell I had done! Funny how that giant racer wing feeling goes away after you drive it for a bit. Although the new one does stick out even more so!
I think maybe that more subtle, and lovely, gray paint scheme also helps!
Old 03-05-2015, 04:32 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Sure, the door handles and pit speed dumb down the car a little.
But they managed to build a GT3 that is faster and also more comfortable for long distance use over the outgoing 997GT3.

Personally, I feel it is time to remove some of that comfort from the RS (which should be reserved for the non RS.)

Porsche should have taken a 991CUP car and used that as the base for installing enough interior panels to make it streetable as opposed to taking a Carrera and removing a few console switches, rear seats and door handles.

The RS should have plain lightweight door panels, no pit speed, no steering wheel controls. Just simple.
A/C and radio to be only option.
Dare i say make the car uncomfortable. Something only fit to use for weekend drives and track days...
Old 03-05-2015, 04:34 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Petevb
  • 7:20 'Ring time: If you're going to sacrifice purity and involvement for technology and speed you need to deliver the goods. Nissan is sitting on a 7:08, the Z06 will be around the same, the Viper ACR ran 7:12 half a decade ago. The 'Ring is Porsche's turf, they should have something that can compete. If the RS isn't it, what is?
  • Flip side, if it's not all about speed: why can't we get a manual?
  • Also: the GT cars should not be bound by street car pricing structure. It takes power to compete, power costs $$ in Porsche's world, hence it seems anything that can go toe to toe with the ~$100k cars above must cost 250k+. That's not competing. We know Porsches cost more, but at this rate Porsche is headed for surrender medium term at the track: competitors are not playing by the same rules.

Wish list:
  1. Stickier factory track tire option on the RS, treadwear ~50- worth ~8 seconds at the 'Ring and lets the RS mix it up. Also on local tracks (no Hoosiers available or coming).
  2. Manual option on the RS.
  3. Harder model above the RS. Truly stripped, more track focused, harder to drive. Porsche still needs a scary car.

$.02
^^918
Old 03-05-2015, 04:52 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,502 Likes on 2,561 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
Sure, the door handles and pit speed dumb down the car a little.
But they managed to build a GT3 that is faster and also more comfortable for long distance use over the outgoing 997GT3.

Personally, I feel it is time to remove some of that comfort from the RS (which should be reserved for the non RS.)

Porsche should have taken a 991CUP car and used that as the base for installing enough interior panels to make it streetable as opposed to taking a Carrera and removing a few console switches, rear seats and door handles.

The RS should have plain lightweight door panels, no pit speed, no steering wheel controls. Just simple.
A/C and radio to be only option.
Dare i say make the car uncomfortable. Something only fit to use for weekend drives and track days...
I think that kind of captures where I'm let down by the RS. I'd like it to be raw, unappealing to guys who don't plan to track it, thrilling on the track in a way that's a bit scary but entirely manageable and rewarding for a competent driver. What we have instead appears to be a 991 GT3+, and the '+' part is modest yet comes at a considerable price.

But I await the reviews and ideally a chance to drive it myself, I may be as wrong about the RS as I was about the GT3.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:21 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,335 Likes on 703 Posts

Originally Posted by Petevb
[LIST][*]7:20 'Ring time: If you're going to sacrifice purity and involvement for technology and speed you need to deliver the goods. Nissan is sitting on a 7:08, the Z06 will be around the same, the Viper ACR ran 7:12 half a decade ago. The 'Ring is Porsche's turf, they should have something that can compete. If the RS isn't it, what is?
[*]Flip side, if it's not all about speed: why can't we get a manual?
$.02
Couldn't agree more. If it's all about speed, Porsche's halo car need to truly compete on the ring with the halo cars of other brands.

If Porsche offers serious speed but not cutting edge speed, so the unique attribute of the Porsche brand is driver involvement, then they have to offer a manual in their halo cars.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:25 PM
Total911_GT3RS
Rennlist Member

I think maybe that more subtle, and lovely, gray paint scheme also helps!
Thanks Mike. I have to say though, I am all around preferring the 991 GT3 so far even though I haven't got many miles on it. I did have a bad rattle in the deck lid wing area that drove me crazy but now it is fixed and all good. I need to get the GT3 out on a good long run to really compare it to my RS. Looking back if I had done the sensible thing and ordered a GT3, it would have been the Guards Red. Yours looks stunning.

Quick Reply: Things I don't like about RS