Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Things I don't like about RS

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 01:15 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Despite that, look at how much the rear wheel is tucked even overlapped on the wheel well. It looks aftermarket dropped.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:18 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
Yep, I'm on the bandwagon, guzzled the kool-aid, making garage space next to my Orange .1RS.

The sticker versus badge stuff is completely princess and the pea to me. But I get how fetish-izing details is how we entertain ourselves until the thing arrives. These things, along with the door pulls, are just brand novelties for fun, I enjoy them.
what's not to like when you see pics like this...
Attached Images  
Old 03-05-2015, 01:19 PM
nova996
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by aamersa
I am not surprised about the stickers at all. Just was hoping porsche wud give up this gimmick. Things change in life as we have all learned all too well.
Are we sure it's a gimmick? I thought the lid is CF. I think it might be hard to accommodate the normal badge on a CF panel, because of the small depression and small holes.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:26 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
me to! could have jumped to an RS before. but this is my time!
I agree with this. It is just not my time to make the jump this time. Perhaps the .2 RS. AP has promised that GT cars will remain N/A for a while yet.

I encourage any one who can afford one, has or can make the garage space for one and really wants one should get this car.

The purpose of this thread was not to beat up on the RS. Rather just point out things I would prefer to see different on it.

I agree with the wing comment above. It seems aftermarket with scaffolding. I forgot to add that to my list of not likes.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:36 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 437 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Rams86
I have never liked the RS wing compared to the base GT3 and think the RS brackets look after market. I "get" the functionality but prefer the look of the GT3 wing as it looks more integrated into the overall design of the car. Wish the RS had a more understated wing for everyday use as at my age, the coffee table wing is a bit too boy racer. Absolutely love the front fender vents. Performance will be unreal. I would love to know the actual HP rating as AP has stated it is "way, way, way understated"
Everything is understated
but 0.1 sec 0 to 62 mph
and 0.5 sec 0 to 124 mph
gives you exactly the reality
Old 03-05-2015, 01:44 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

don't really care for the turbo air intakes, or the automatic trans.
If was a manual, I would be fighting for an allocation.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:45 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Rams86
I have never liked the RS wing compared to the base GT3 and think the RS brackets look after market. I "get" the functionality but prefer the look of the GT3 wing as it looks more integrated into the overall design of the car. Wish the RS had a more understated wing for everyday use as at my age, the coffee table wing is a bit too boy racer. Absolutely love the front fender vents. Performance will be unreal. I would love to know the actual HP rating as AP has stated it is "way, way, way understated"
+1 , just couldn't agree more with this
Old 03-05-2015, 01:52 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Well- I think it will be a great car but let me explain my position:

- I have had my GT3 since end of Aug and only have 1500 miles. Still have not had the chance to really enjoy it but looking forward to it as soon as the weather breaks
- I do not track my cars so this car would not be practical for me but you can argue the GT3 could fall in same category
- The wing is just too much and looks very aftermarket. I think they nailed the wing in the GT3
- I do not think the performance numbers are that much impressive over the GT3- my opinion
- I do not like the Turbo air inlets on the side. Never liked it on the Turbo- love how smooth the GT3 looks

Now- I can get one at MSRP if I would like but would not be able to give to some one. I may buy the Cayman GT4 and enjoy the Manual 6-speed
Old 03-05-2015, 01:55 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

1. color choices
2. ride height
3. 21 rear wheels
3. black side scoops and rear lid
4. doors and quarter panels are not CF
5. the presence of door pockets
6. titanium only in center muffler. what about the 2 on the side?
Old 03-05-2015, 01:56 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 437 Likes on 262 Posts

Btw if i wont have a GT3 (991) i would go for RS
Old 03-05-2015, 02:00 PM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 282 Posts

• 7:20 'Ring time: If you're going to sacrifice purity and involvement for technology and speed you need to deliver the goods. Nissan is sitting on a 7:08, the Z06 will be around the same, the Viper ACR ran 7:12 half a decade ago. The 'Ring is Porsche's turf, they should have something that can compete. If the RS isn't it, what is?
  • Flip side, if it's not all about speed: why can't we get a manual?
  • Also: the GT cars should not be bound by street car pricing structure. It takes power to compete, power costs $$ in Porsche's world, hence it seems anything that can go toe to toe with the ~$100k cars above must cost 250k+. That's not competing. We know Porsches cost more, but at this rate Porsche is headed for surrender medium term at the track: competitors are not playing by the same rules.

Wish list:
  1. Stickier factory track tire option on the RS, treadwear ~50- worth ~8 seconds at the 'Ring and lets the RS mix it up. Also on local tracks (no Hoosiers available or coming).
  2. Manual option on the RS.
  3. Harder model above the RS. Truly stripped, more track focused, harder to drive. Porsche still needs a scary car.

$.02
Old 03-05-2015, 02:03 PM
Napoli
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The cheap-looking bolt on park bench at the rear.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:14 PM
LAGinz
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, spoiler is too much for me too.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:15 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

I do think the ultraviolet color is going to be awesome although there is a lot of people concerned

And Yes- If I did not have a GT3 I would grab the RS
Old 03-05-2015, 02:57 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,875 Likes on 970 Posts

No manual option
Bin the fru fru interior
Race the motor

Otherwise the list of likes is considerably longer.

Ride height largely a function of need to offset downforce. Stack 475lb of weight on the back and 225 on the front and see what happens to ride height.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Nizer; 03-05-2015 at 10:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Things I don't like about RS