Sponsored by:

Peak value for 991 gt3 is now

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 01:48 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,024 Likes on 5,240 Posts

Not speaking about anyone here, but I just wish people bought these cars to drive, not as a door-prize for their garage.

Last edited by ipse dixit; 03-05-2015 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:02 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
WHO GIVES A F U C K WHAT A 991 GT3 OR 991 RS COST NOW OR IS WORTH IN THE FUTURE!! ASK YOURSELF WHICH ONE WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY AND GO GET IT
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 03-05-2015, 02:20 PM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My GT3 and my bush is worth more than an RS in the.........oh ....... ah ****. You know what I mean.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:03 PM
ZachMartin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn good reading here.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:10 PM
grendel88
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The only the OP's comment works is if you can sell your car back to the dealer at MSRP now and be guaranteed an allocation for a RS. This is all Ferrari style games. Personally, I think there are a decent number of collector style buyers that will get RS, track them once, maybe, and leave them as weekend event style cars and garage queens. At these prices, $200K for most builds, we in another price range.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 148 Posts

C'mon, guys. 991 GT3 values have nothing to do with the RS. They will be rock steady as long as the stock market continues to flirt with records on a daily basis. Your outlook of future GT3 values should align with where you think the economy is going from here.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:33 PM
ZachMartin
Instructor

Lightbulb

And what would Porsche switching to a turbo GT3 do to all the values? something to ponder as more and more regulations are put on automakers. Only so much power and performance can be created with a naturally aspirated motor. There is a limit and we are absolutely on the line. What happens when you cant buy an All motor porsche anymore?? Like the days gone of air cooled engines, less and less N/A cars will be available. Surprised with all the input, no one pointed that out.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:47 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...gt3-white.html

Ahem... a steal...
Old 03-05-2015, 07:50 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
It's a '14 and yes GREAT DEAL!
Old 03-05-2015, 07:57 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 161 Posts

'14 is a steal as long as you want all those options.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:40 PM
ZachMartin
Instructor

Great deal on a used GT3
Old 03-05-2015, 10:29 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 174 Posts

Oh boy, so many emotional comments! Maybe my post has been misunderstood. It is a perfectly rational post by me and I make no judgement on:

- Investment- What new car is an investment?
- Whether you should dump it for an RS (only you can decide)
- Whether to keep your GT3 (only you can decide)

No, what I am trying to say very rationally is:

1. That the interest and excitment on the GT3 is peaking or actually has peaked.

2. The RS moving forward will be in the press and the GT3 will be more and more in the rearview mirror.

3. 1600 units have been delivered, this is more GT3 cars of any model sold in such a short period.

4. The usual suspects will be selling the car soon for the next big thing- that might be the RS that might be something else, doesn't matter- many people make emotional purchases and dump the cars quickly when reality or payments hit home.

5. IF you think you want an RS- and you have a GT3 to sell,get ahead of this curve. - This is my main point.

What am I doing? I don't know, I never follow my own advice and usually regret it!!!
Old 03-05-2015, 10:52 PM
ZachMartin
Instructor

Originally Posted by montoya
Oh boy, so many emotional comments! Maybe my post has been misunderstood. It is a perfectly rational post by me and I make no judgement on:

1. That the interest and excitment on the GT3 is peaking or actually has peaked.

2. The RS moving forward will be in the press and the GT3 will be more and more in the rearview mirror.

3. 1600 units have been delivered, this is more GT3 cars of any model sold in such a short period.

4. The usual suspects will be selling the car soon for the next big thing- that might be the RS that might be something else, doesn't matter- many people make emotional purchases and dump the cars quickly when reality or payments hit home.

5. IF you think you want an RS- and you have a GT3 to sell,get ahead of this curve. - This is my main point.

What am I doing? I don't know, I never follow my own advice and usually regret it!!!
Great input regardless
Old 03-05-2015, 10:54 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by montoya

Don't understand your post. Sounds like you're not a fan either way.

GT3 will be more in demand--hate to burst your bubble.

Your thoughts are just that and nothing more. Everyone has an opinion.

You sound angry--maybe pay over MSRP??

Any who good luck with which ever you keep buy or hold.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:10 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I struggle with GT3 demand growing? The GT Porsche crowd now has a new GT4, new/used GT3 and new GT3 RS. Seems like the modern GT market is going to be more flooded than it has been in a long-time with new Porsches.

Short-term, I can't see it being a great market so I'm a seller. If you want to buy mine at MSRP, send me a PM because I'm expecting less

Quick Reply: Peak value for 991 gt3 is now