Sponsored by:

Peak value for 991 gt3 is now

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 01:00 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts
Default Peak value for 991 gt3 is now

My fearless forecast. Right now they are just wrapping up production and qty is scarce but in 6 months as RS allocations are released the 991 gt3 will drop in value quickly as everyone sells for the next big thing or because the gt3 isn't. With double the number of 991 vs .2s I think the used market will have a lot of supply. Finally there will also be a lot of RS eventually made available stateside, close to the gt3 numbers which will keep the gt3 used values under pressure.

So sell now if you even think you want a change for the RS, prices are only going down from here. You heard it here first. Just my my humble opinion of course.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:03 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

I see your point, but with the RS substantially more money and GT3s relatively scarce, I don't think they will drop much if at all. The RS pricing is will keep the GT3 secondary market prices up due to the wide price gap. Maybe that's wishful thinking as I own one.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:05 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What a depressing post....lol. If I get a commish number, build date, I may trade my car in right away if I get the good price....say 5-7k below msrp. I still have 16 delivery miles on the car in my garage and I am 3 weeks away from driving it the first time. I should have a confirmed commish by then, I hope.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:06 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

You may well be right, but I couldn't care less.

These are expensive toys. We pay to play...and it is a privilege to do so.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:09 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not mine! I own it, so it will always be worth more to me than any other car.....other than that orange color, and stuff.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:11 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rockitman
What a depressing post....lol. If I get a commish number, build date, I may trade my car in right away if I get the good price....say 5-7k below msrp. I still have 16 delivery miles on the car in my garage and I am 3 weeks away from driving it the first time. I should have a confirmed commish by then, I hope.
Sorry, but my post was to make people like you think hard about waiting to list your car for sale. Less competition now and if you don't get the RS, well you can buy your choice of gt3 for less than you sold yours in 6-8 months.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:11 AM
HBGT3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If someone purchased their car for appreciation, please pm me. I have a bridge to sell you.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:29 AM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, like the latest celebrity....popular one day, forgotten the next and I thought based on all the feedback once RS was released that the GT3 was the greatest value ever? I guess I'm screwed. Unfortunately it's 100% true, but I won't give up on the poor "old news" GT3 I still think it packs a lot of punch for the money. I might need to camouflage mine now when I show up on track day to spare the embarrassment?
Old 03-05-2015, 01:31 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
Sorry, but my post was to make people like you think hard about waiting to list your car for sale. Less competition now and if you don't get the RS, well you can buy your choice of gt3 for less than you sold yours in 6-8 months.
I hear ya brotha !
Old 03-05-2015, 01:35 AM
neuroguru
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HBGT3
If someone purchased their car for appreciation, please pm me. I have a bridge to sell you.
All of my GT3s have gone up in value since purchased. You have to know when to buy low and sell high.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:39 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by neuroguru
All of my GT3s have gone up in value since purchased. You have to know when to buy low and sell high.
Can you pick my stocks too?
Old 03-05-2015, 01:40 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sccchiii
Wow, like the latest celebrity....popular one day, forgotten the next and I thought based on all the feedback once RS was released that the GT3 was the greatest value ever? I guess I'm screwed. Unfortunately it's 100% true, but I won't give up on the poor "old news" GT3 I still think it packs a lot of punch for the money. I might need to camouflage mine now when I show up on track day to spare the embarrassment?
I think the RS actually highlights what tremendous value the GT3 is.

RS has 25 hp more (5% delta), same weight, minimal add'l torque. MSRP diff is $50K but actual prices will be $100K+... some people will have the RS simply because it is an RS, but let's not kid ourselves where the value is...
Old 03-05-2015, 01:43 AM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you pick my stocks too?
Ha ha more power to him....I guess we will burn our money to have his if he has figured out the lows and highs....I have spent 20+ years trying to figure it out?
Old 03-05-2015, 01:45 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by neuroguru
I am sure the extraordinary profits GURU has made on his smart dealings in GT3's have paid off his mortgage, paid for his kids' college and allowed him to take early retirement...
Old 03-05-2015, 01:51 AM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My fearless forecast. Right now they are just wrapping up production and qty is scarce but in 6 months as RS allocations are released the 991 gt3 will drop in value quickly as everyone sells for the next big thing or because the gt3 isn't. With double the number of 991 vs .2s I think the used market will have a lot of supply. Finally there will also be a lot of RS eventually made available stateside, close to the gt3 numbers which will keep the gt3 used values under pressure. So sell now if you even think you want a change for the RS, prices are only going down from here. You heard it here first. Just my my humble opinion of course.
I disagree. You only mentioned one part of the whole market. On the supply side, yes supply for used Gt3 will increase. But supply for new GT3 will be extremely limited. The price different for the Gt3 and the RS is significant enough to stop the RS from being a direct substitute for the 3.

Secondly, the more the prices for Gt3 decrease, the less likely will current 3 owner be willing to switch to a RS. Again limiting the downside potential for Gt3 prices.

On the demand side, it's unlikely that demand will dry up. For around 120-140k there is little other choices. Unlikely older GT3, the current gen is much more useable than before, again increasing the likely demand.

Quick Reply: Peak value for 991 gt3 is now