Sponsored by:

Peak value for 991 gt3 is now

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 11:12 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by ATXGT3
Don't understand your post. Sounds like you're not a fan either way.

GT3 will be more in demand--hate to burst your bubble.

Your thoughts are just that and nothing more. Everyone has an opinion.

You sound angry--maybe pay over MSRP??

Any who good luck with which ever you keep buy or hold.
Wow, how do you infer that I don't like my GT3- you must be kidding! And angry, how do get that? I said I am trying to make some rational judgements of future market prices for the GT3 based on history and trends- that is not angry, just opinion which is the only thing you got right.

To set the record straight:
1. I love my GT3
2. I am not angry
3. I am not angry my car is not worth more than I paid for it
4. I am not angry I didn't wait for a GT3RS
5. I am poking fun at myself because I know I wouldn't sell my GT3 now and not enjoy it for a future GT3RS.
6. I never follow my own advice!

So again, if you are driven more by you rational self than your heart (not me unfortunately) I am just saying in my humble opinion I think used values have peaked- you disagree and I embrace your right to have a different opinion!
Old 03-05-2015, 11:16 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I struggle with GT3 demand growing? The GT Porsche crowd now has a new GT4, new/used GT3 and new GT3 RS. Seems like the modern GT market is going to be more flooded than it has been in a long-time with new Porsches.

Short-term, I can't see it being a great market so I'm a seller. If you want to buy mine at MSRP, send me a PM because I'm expecting less

Good luck Nate if you aren't joking! (somehow I think you are) But you make some of my points and add a few of your own like the new GT4- that will definitely grab some of the used GT3 market and put some downward price pressure.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:19 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 159 Posts

Cars at this level are not rational decisions anyway, no need in trying to make it one.
The rational decision is a 4 year old Honda. No Porsche is rational.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:27 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
Good luck Nate if you aren't joking! (somehow I think you are) But you make some of my points and add a few of your own like the new GT4- that will definitely grab some of the used GT3 market and put some downward price pressure.
Not really joking tbh, I went into expecting it to cost me for the 6-12 months of ownership. It was always a hold me over car while waiting for the RS due to the delays. I don't have the trade figure yet from my dealer, but I'm expecting something below MSRP.

I'm adding a GT4 at the same time because it's a very unique car at the price - it'll be my wifes DD and I'll have a manual track toy when I don't want to use a DCT.

I think the GT3 is probably the best single car choice if it had to be one car to rule them all, but I think I would go a stripper GT4 and a Golf R for less money if I was looking in that budget range.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:34 PM
john weires
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I bought my GT3 to keep and enjoy, not to trade or sell quickly.
If retaining as much of my money as possible was the goal, I would not have
bought it to begin with. Still the OP might be right if one is unsure they
want to own it longer term.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:35 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Montoya,

For me as the owner, Peak value is now , and everyday from now that I have the privilege with my left hand to fire this 991 GT3 up and go for a ride weather on the road or the track its simply a great sports car that delivers great fun , the more cars, the more folks will come to know this and will eagerly pay for such dependable well engineered good time!
Its a great time for the GT program with lots more fun to come for all those who choose to afford to join the party !!
Old 03-05-2015, 11:48 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
Cars at this level are not rational decisions anyway, no need in trying to make it one.
The rational decision is a 4 year old Honda. No Porsche is rational.
So true , but for me My Porsche delivers peace a pleasure in coping with an
an irrational world , And beside hanging out on RL is helping me to learn to
correctly spell the English language

Last edited by R.Deacon; 03-06-2015 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:50 PM
hotwired
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

It will be interesting to see what the final production numbers look like. I've read approx 3000 worldwide which is almost double previous gens. Possible that GT4 will take some of the market as well. If this is really the last NA gt3, then that alone may keep values up...but it's unclear what Porsche has planned for the future after listening to the evo AP interview. Whatever the case, I think you're better off buying a GT3 than a new ferrari,lambo,etc if resale is a concern
Old 03-06-2015, 12:12 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,046 Likes on 538 Posts

Just came back from the garage. Did I miss anything? :-)
Old 03-06-2015, 12:14 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,487 Posts

Consider a current 991 GT3 owner who contemplates selling to get something else. What would they trade it for? I can't see many going to something cheaper like a Vette, GT-R, Z/28. AMG GT S and R8 will be in the same price range as the GT3, and I don't see many going to those either. Some will go to the RS, but it costs a lot more, so I see few going to the RS. A few might go to the GT4, perhaps because of the manual, but most seem to love the PDK and would see the GT4 as a 'step down'.

So if current GT3 owners are inclined to hold on to their cars, that limits supply of used GT3s, which keeps price up. And when 1.2 GT3 comes out eventually, that adds supply of new GT3s at higher cost than the 1.1 GT3, but puts limited downward pressure on price of 1.1 GT3 if not many of those are on the market.

Ergo, I predict that 1.1 GT3 will hold its value well. But as others have said, I have no plans to sell my GT3, and I didn't buy the car as an investment, so I don't care much what used 1.1 GT3s will sell for.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:22 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,739 Likes on 5,126 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Consider a current 991 GT3 owner who contemplates selling to get something else. What would they trade it for? I can't see many going to something cheaper like a Vette, GT-R, Z/28. AMG GT S and R8 will be in the same price range as the GT3, and I don't see many going to those either. Some will go to the RS, but it costs a lot more, so I see few going to the RS. A few might go to the GT4, perhaps because of the manual, but most seem to love the PDK and would see the GT4 as a 'step down'.

So if current GT3 owners are inclined to hold on to their cars, that limits supply of used GT3s, which keeps price up. And when 1.2 GT3 comes out eventually, that adds supply of new GT3s at higher cost than the 1.1 GT3, but puts limited downward pressure on price of 1.1 GT3 if not many of those are on the market.

Ergo, I predict that 1.1 GT3 will hold its value well. But as others have said, I have no plans to sell my GT3, and I didn't buy the car as an investment, so I don't care much what used 1.1 GT3s will sell for.
That's a good question and something I've wondered about myself - i.e., what current car would I drive if the GT3 did not exist.

Maybe a 991 GTS, but of the cars in current production the options are rather limited. The new R8 looks interesting, just wish it wasn't AWD.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:24 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

There are a lot of 991GT3 owners who rather have the understated non RS.
The RS will also be very exclusive making it hard to get.

Not a good reason to get out of a 991GT3 today.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:28 AM
hotwired
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

with the new gt3 now appealing to a larger pool of sport car owners, i would imagine many of them may want to eventually upgrade to something exotic. wonder what 458 and mp4 prices will be like in a couple years
Old 03-06-2015, 12:31 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,487 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
That's a good question and something I've wondered about myself - i.e., what current car would I drive if the GT3 did not exist.

Maybe a 991 GTS, but of the cars in current production the options are rather limited. The new R8 looks interesting, just wish it wasn't AWD.
For me, considering my intended use, the GT3 currently has no competitors. Closest rival is the GT4, but I wouldn't trade my GT3 for one, even if I could take zero loss selling the GT3, since I prefer having the engine in the back. But I may still add a GT4.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:33 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,739 Likes on 5,126 Posts

For me, considering my intended use, the GT3 currently has no competitors. Closest rival is the GT4, but I wouldn't trade my GT3 for one, even if I could take zero loss selling the GT3, since I prefer having the engine in the back. But I may still add a GT4.
Yeah, I hear you.

But for me a Cayman, even in GT4 guise, does nothing for me.

Quick Reply: Peak value for 991 gt3 is now