Sponsored by:

GT3 RS allocations

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 08:26 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Its not true. We also think your beer is crap!

:-)
I have to admit, in my 7th year of living here I finally found a beer that wasn't crap and I could buy. If you ever find yourself stuck in the US, try to locate some Founders beer - I don't mind their Dirty Bastard.

Of course I can buy James Boags about 2.5 miles away from where I live so just drink it, strangely it's the exact halfway point between my home and the Porsche Dealer I use.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:33 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
You guys don't mess around down under ...

Spilling beer is a national crime. We dont let religion and politics get in the way of a good time as much as you do in Amercia. God kinda forgot us down here and gave us birds that cant fly and animals with bills, webbed feet & fur (all in the same package). Oh and cuddly looking syphilis infected tree huggers that eat leaves from trees (Kola). Most Australian politicians are corrupt so getting hung up on that stuff is a waste of time unless you have money riding on it.

Its good you have finally found a good beer in USA Nate. Please drink one on me and enjoy the cheap cars! Bet they dont sell neoprene rubber sleeves to put the bottle in tho aye cobber mate!

;-)
Old 11-21-2014, 08:45 PM
sandy59
Instructor

Received 94 Likes on 33 Posts

A friend of mine was at the Porsche factory last week to spec up his 918 for the UK. He asked about the new RS and only info he got was it was 4.0 litre.
Nothing really new I guess but maybe just some further confirmation of existing consensus ??
Old 11-21-2014, 10:36 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I have to admit, in my 7th year of living here I finally found a beer that wasn't crap and I could buy. If you ever find yourself stuck in the US, try to locate some Founders beer - I don't mind their Dirty Bastard.

Of course I can buy James Boags about 2.5 miles away from where I live so just drink it, strangely it's the exact halfway point between my home and the Porsche Dealer I use.
Aw cmon. Our mainstream beers are crap but our microbrews are some of the best in the world!
Old 11-21-2014, 10:38 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Spilling beer is a national crime. We dont let religion and politics get in the way of a good time as much as you do in Amercia. God kinda forgot us down here and gave us birds that cant fly and animals with bills, webbed feet & fur (all in the same package). Oh and cuddly looking syphilis infected tree huggers that eat leaves from trees (Kola). Most Australian politicians are corrupt so getting hung up on that stuff is a waste of time unless you have money riding on it.

Its good you have finally found a good beer in USA Nate. Please drink one on me and enjoy the cheap cars! Bet they dont sell neoprene rubber sleeves to put the bottle in tho aye cobber mate!

;-)

We got those, we call them beer koozies.

..I had to look that up, I always assumed it was called a cozy. Learn something new every day.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:13 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bigkraig
Aw cmon. Our mainstream beers are crap but our microbrews are some of the best in the world!
Here here!

You folks from down under need to try some Eye of the Hawk from Mendocino Brewing Company. That's real beer!
Old 11-21-2014, 11:20 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus
-deleted-

Wasn't there a 'Delete' post button at one time?
There was....it was deleted.....really.

Moving on....
Old 11-22-2014, 12:01 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Its not true. We also think your beer is crap!

:-)
Then you blokes haven't been to the bloody Pacific Northwest. We have a few more than Miller and Bud these days.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:02 AM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by bigkraig
Big K., you're on a roll tonight.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:03 AM
H82BL8
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Did someone say "BEER"!
I like beer...EH,
Old 11-22-2014, 12:06 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds like you are catching up now, that's great! Must be all the Aussies in your country now. Have to thank Crocodile Dundee for that! :-)
Old 11-22-2014, 12:09 AM
FORENN
Banned

Sounds like you are catching up now, that's great! Must be all the Aussies in your country now. Have to thank Crocodile Dundee for that! :-)
When I was in college, I studied for a semester at LSE in London. We dropped our bags off at the flat and immediately hopped over to the closest pub. The bartender poored us a few pints and we struck up a conversation with her. One of my buddies asked her what she thought of American beer. Without missing a beat, she replied, "I prefer my water from the tap, thank you." We were crushed. Just crushed.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:17 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
When I was in college, I studied for a semester at LSE in London. We dropped our bags off at the flat and immediately hopped over to the closest pub. The bartender poored us a few pints and we struck up a conversation with her. One of my buddies asked her what she thought of American beer. Without missing a beat, she replied, "I prefer my water from the tap, thank you." We were crushed. Just crushed.
American beer is like sex in a rowboat...
Old 11-22-2014, 01:36 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3_racer
Ok I got an answer from Porsche on this question. On limited production vehicles VIPs can buy every single one of them, leaving none for the rest of the buying public. In addition, if there are more VIPs interested than there are vehicles to be produced, then some VIPs won't get one. For example, if there were say 500 RS models being produced (a made up number for my illustration) and 600 VIPs want one, then 100 VIPs will be SOL.

All that said we still don't know if the RS is gong to be a limited production model or not. If not, then the VIP issue may be completely irrelevant (except with regard to timing of delivery).

You are quite correct there. The pecking order for 918 owners goes by their order#. The early bird has 1st dib over the later people.

My 918 is order #192, so that pretty much guaranteed I will have a shot at anything Porsche makes.

I have heard rumours of the RS being introduced at Frankfurt next year from one source, and Geneva from another. Cayman GT4 will also be in either of these 2 shows, so I figured someone had the dates confused when they told me. Production run for the RS will start after the GT3 run is finished. With that I figured the car will debut at Geneva.

Another part of the rumour is that the whole production run of the RS is spoken for already, between the 918 owners and people on the wait list.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:51 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
You are quite correct there. The pecking order for 918 owners goes by their order#. The early bird has 1st dib over the later people.
Interesting and seems fair enough. Hope any people who might have snapped up the last few 918s just for the VIP status on subsequent cars still get a shot at something worthwhile.

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Another part of the rumour is that the whole production run of the RS is spoken for already, between the 918 owners and people on the wait list.
At least that makes it sound like a number of wait listed customers will get RSs. I guess we will wait and see how many that ends up being.

Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: GT3 RS allocations