Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 RS allocations

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 08:29 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

^ Agree with you. Every one who wanted to get a GT3 had the chance. If you really want one you will get one and I bet you will not have to pay over MSRP.

My interest will come down to the specs(of course), reviews, and if it will be more street compliant. It will also have to be a lot more interesting than the GT3 - not just slightly better but needs to distance itself.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:36 AM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 232 Posts

#4 at local dealer now. Said highly unlikely that I will get it.

Personally I would agree that there will be enough to go around.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:44 AM
Tre
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, one more silver lining (assuming the future availability) is that waiting a bit more in the US means having a reverse camera for 2017+ cars. I know, I'm both reaching and optimistic!
Old 11-22-2014, 10:03 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
IN MY OPINION THIS IS ALL MARKETING NONSENSE AND SPECULATION ON ALL ACCOUNTS.

Ultimately in the end EVERYONE who wants an RS and that can afford one will get one. There will just never be a group of customers that will be told they will NEVER get the car. There will just be a hierarchy and a lot of it will just merely affect when you get yours and how much you pay for it.

The wealthiest, most connected, best customers (918 guys) will pay MSRP and get theirs first.

The other wealthy non enthusiasts that just need s h i t to buy all the time and always want something just cause its new or rare or both will also get theirs first but they will pay over the MSRP and they done even care.

whatever is left over from the first round will go to the guys like US with deposits down.

At this point how many people are left in actuality that WANT/NEED/plan on buying this car this car?

Porsche will evaluate all sorts of things at this point. Profitability,availability,demand,production status, resources, their other cars, demand for the assembly line, and on and on and on. Based on this they release some more allocations (if they are even needed). Some will go to showrooms, some dealers might scoop a few up. It all depends. A 2nd run? A 2nd year model 2016/17, or is it 15/16. They will get them out just like the 997.1 RS and 997.2 RS. I mean the guys that really have deposits down and are the #7 spot at thier dealer (is that even real? do they even really want one?) seem like the guys that aren't dying for one anyway or else they would have done more due diligence about one. Anyways, even they will eventually get "the call" a year or two down the road that they can build a car.

But in the end EVERYONE who NEEDS/WANTS one will get one.

The ONLY way this does not happen and there are actually people who just cant get their hands on one no matter what, is if they are Guaranteed to be produced in a Specific # run when introduced as a Special Run of 500 units only and each car is #57 out of #500(for example), in this case ONLY will there be people less connected or not willing to pay astronomically over sticker that will not end up with the car.

MY opinion.

Porsche knows this is crack to us and they giggle at our fear of not getting our drug. Ultimaley they are our drug dealers and they like to make money. Dont worry RS fiends. Well be fine. Just some might not see a Specd car till 2016, that's all.
+1000
Old 11-22-2014, 10:06 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

If I could get my fingers on a super limited edition unicorn 997 RS 4.0, anyone who wants to write a check for one of these automatics will have one.
Maybe just not one of the first 30 of the boat..

Dude, where's consolidated RS thread?
Old 11-22-2014, 11:49 AM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by poofyo101
#4 at local dealer now. Said highly unlikely that I will get it.

Personally I would agree that there will be enough to go around.
Me too...they did not say unlikely though. My dealership is hardcore into CUP series and can pull strings thru Porsche's North Amer. Race Division. (so they say)

How many Porsche dealerships are there USA? If USA is allocated 500-600 then do the math. I personally believe that the dealerships that had a hard time sell GT3 will most like trade off their allocation. They could get a bunch of Macans for 1 RS.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:57 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Yoskin
Me too...they did not say unlikely though. My dealership is hardcore into CUP series and can pull strings thru Porsche's North Amer. Race Division.

How many Porsche dealerships are there USA? If USA is allocated 500-600 then do the math. I personally believe that the dealerships that had a hard time sell GT3 will most like trade off their allocation. They could get a bunch of Macans for 1 RS.
There are about 200+ dealerships in the US. GT3/RS allocations are not divided equally but rather on historical sales volumes of 911s. Some delaerships will get no RS allocations and large volume ones will get 6-7. My dealer gets 1.7% of 991 allocations.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:31 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
You are quite correct there. The pecking order for 918 owners goes by their order#. The early bird has 1st dib over the later people. My 918 is order #192, so that pretty much guaranteed I will have a shot at anything Porsche makes. I have heard rumours of the RS being introduced at Frankfurt next year from one source, and Geneva from another. Cayman GT4 will also be in either of these 2 shows, so I figured someone had the dates confused when they told me. Production run for the RS will start after the GT3 run is finished. With that I figured the car will debut at Geneva. Another part of the rumour is that the whole production run of the RS is spoken for already, between the 918 owners and people on the wait list.
So, situation seems simple. Ask a 918 owner how much overage he wants to purchase an extra RS and then sell it you.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:34 PM
Porsche-Suchtig
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Another part of the rumour is that the whole production run of the RS is spoken for already, between the 918 owners and people on the wait list.
I think that's virtually a certainty, at least in North America.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:35 PM
Porsche-Suchtig
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
So, situation seems simple. Ask a 918 owner how much overage he wants to purchase an extra RS and then sell it you.
Unfortunately we only get one. We can't order two.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:41 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
Ultimately in the end EVERYONE who wants an RS and that can afford one will get one. There will just never be a group of customers that will be told they will NEVER get the car.
Might prove to be true in the US, but based on the UK GT3 experience (browse through the earlier PH posts, where many were turned away, their deposits returned, and only about 150 cars ultimately produced) I can imagine a scenario where some markets are provided with limited supply. I am quite certain that Canada, for one, will see a very few cars. And already the UK demand appears high enough to outstrip supply. There may be some disappointed customers in such markets, but you are right in that most of these will probably have been less committed to the RS in the first place.

Originally Posted by CAlexio
I thought this was verboten?
Old 11-22-2014, 09:39 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
There are about 200+ dealerships in the US. GT3/RS allocations are not divided equally but rather on historical sales volumes of 911s. Some delaerships will get no RS allocations and large volume ones will get 6-7. My dealer gets 1.7% of 991 allocations.
Sam, Are you saying your Dealer sells I.7% of all 911s and therefor will get the same percent of new RSs? Also, about what size "Ranking" is your Dealership in total sales? Top 5, top 10 etc?

Thanks, Allan
Old 11-22-2014, 10:26 PM
mrsmitty
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
Might prove to be true in the US, but based on the UK GT3 experience (browse through the earlier PH posts, where many were turned away, their deposits returned, and only about 150 cars ultimately produced) I can imagine a scenario where some markets are provided with limited supply. I am quite certain that Canada, for one, will see a very few cars. And already the UK demand appears high enough to outstrip supply. There may be some disappointed customers in such markets, but you are right in that most of these will probably have been less committed to the RS in the first place.

I thought this was verboten?
I am one of the potential buyers of a GT3 in Canada and was turned away. So I ordered a GTS instead. Then my luck a guy backs out after my GTS order is locked so I am SOL. Unless I want to have two 150K+ cars which simply is not feasible for someone like myself at my income level.

I did put my name down with a deposit for an RS though, at least if I get my GTS in the expected time frame I could trade it in with no miles on it directly for the an RS. At least I would take the smallest hit then. Though really I am not sure the RS is for me might be a bit too hardcore.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:43 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,036 Likes on 534 Posts

Sorry to hear the dealer wouldn't let you back out. The GTS has a lot going for ut.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:04 PM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Makes sense. I believe my dealership sold 8-9 gt3. Sounds like a good bit to warrant 4 RS?? Thanks Sam.

Quick Reply: GT3 RS allocations