Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 RS allocations

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 11:43 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

You guys think getting the RS is going to be a pain, read this drama.

The interesting thing is that they also mention that this could be the last NA Ferrari and could be very valuable. This future turboization of the 911 has me pissed as well.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11411228...xtra-equipment
Old 11-23-2014, 12:16 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

My dealer delivered one of the early Orange .1RS, my .2RS was one of the first 26 off the first boat and seems not at all concerned about filling my 991RS order. All pre-ordered long in advance and all at MSRP.

He could not get me a 4.0 but came through with one with a coupe of hundred miles on it towards the end of the production run.

Hype is just hype.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:22 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
IN MY OPINION THIS IS ALL MARKETING NONSENSE AND SPECULATION ON ALL ACCOUNTS.

Ultimately in the end EVERYONE who wants an RS and that can afford one will get one. There will just never be a group of customers that will be told they will NEVER get the car. There will just be a hierarchy and a lot of it will just merely affect when you get yours and how much you pay for it.

The wealthiest, most connected, best customers (918 guys) will pay MSRP and get theirs first.

The other wealthy non enthusiasts that just need s h i t to buy all the time and always want something just cause its new or rare or both will also get theirs first but they will pay over the MSRP and they done even care.

whatever is left over from the first round will go to the guys like US with deposits down.

At this point how many people are left in actuality that WANT/NEED/plan on buying this car this car?

Porsche will evaluate all sorts of things at this point. Profitability,availability,demand,production status, resources, their other cars, demand for the assembly line, and on and on and on. Based on this they release some more allocations (if they are even needed). Some will go to showrooms, some dealers might scoop a few up. It all depends. A 2nd run? A 2nd year model 2016/17, or is it 15/16. They will get them out just like the 997.1 RS and 997.2 RS. I mean the guys that really have deposits down and are the #7 spot at thier dealer (is that even real? do they even really want one?) seem like the guys that aren't dying for one anyway or else they would have done more due diligence about one. Anyways, even they will eventually get "the call" a year or two down the road that they can build a car.

But in the end EVERYONE who NEEDS/WANTS one will get one.

The ONLY way this does not happen and there are actually people who just cant get their hands on one no matter what, is if they are Guaranteed to be produced in a Specific # run when introduced as a Special Run of 500 units only and each car is #57 out of #500(for example), in this case ONLY will there be people less connected or not willing to pay astronomically over sticker that will not end up with the car.

MY opinion.

Porsche knows this is crack to us and they giggle at our fear of not getting our drug. Ultimaley they are our drug dealers and they like to make money. Dont worry RS fiends. Well be fine. Just some might not see a Specd car till 2016, that's all.
100% agreed! WHY would PAG, PCNA, or your local dealer posture any differently right now?
Old 11-23-2014, 04:47 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,686 Likes on 2,336 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
IN MY OPINION THIS IS ALL MARKETING NONSENSE AND SPECULATION ON ALL ACCOUNTS.

Ultimately in the end EVERYONE who wants an RS and that can afford one will get one. There will just never be a group of customers that will be told they will NEVER get the car. There will just be a hierarchy and a lot of it will just merely affect when you get yours and how much you pay for it.

The wealthiest, most connected, best customers (918 guys) will pay MSRP and get theirs first.

The other wealthy non enthusiasts that just need s h i t to buy all the time and always want something just cause its new or rare or both will also get theirs first but they will pay over the MSRP and they done even care.

whatever is left over from the first round will go to the guys like US with deposits down.

At this point how many people are left in actuality that WANT/NEED/plan on buying this car this car?

Porsche will evaluate all sorts of things at this point. Profitability,availability,demand,production status, resources, their other cars, demand for the assembly line, and on and on and on. Based on this they release some more allocations (if they are even needed). Some will go to showrooms, some dealers might scoop a few up. It all depends. A 2nd run? A 2nd year model 2016/17, or is it 15/16. They will get them out just like the 997.1 RS and 997.2 RS. I mean the guys that really have deposits down and are the #7 spot at thier dealer (is that even real? do they even really want one?) seem like the guys that aren't dying for one anyway or else they would have done more due diligence about one. Anyways, even they will eventually get "the call" a year or two down the road that they can build a car.

But in the end EVERYONE who NEEDS/WANTS one will get one.

The ONLY way this does not happen and there are actually people who just cant get their hands on one no matter what, is if they are Guaranteed to be produced in a Specific # run when introduced as a Special Run of 500 units only and each car is #57 out of #500(for example), in this case ONLY will there be people less connected or not willing to pay astronomically over sticker that will not end up with the car.

MY opinion.

Porsche knows this is crack to us and they giggle at our fear of not getting our drug. Ultimaley they are our drug dealers and they like to make money. Dont worry RS fiends. Well be fine. Just some might not see a Specd car till 2016, that's all.
well, yes and no.
if you want one, you can get one for sure. maybe a premium, maybe wait long
but if you want one that shows your name as orig owner and ordered per your spec, then it's not so easy.

this sales strategy does create demand, but long term (40-50years of buying) customers eventually get bored with it and leave the marque.

while PAG will not suffer economic consequences, the ownership culture will change and has changed. EX; RS are equipped and offered with more and more options mostly useless garbage. ppl gettiing worried about how many miles on the car when 911's were used to buy lumber and dump trash.

maybe i am just getting too old for this rain dance. but i wish others luck!
Old 11-23-2014, 08:51 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,874 Likes on 970 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
while PAG will not suffer economic consequences, the ownership culture will change and has changed. EX; RS are equipped and offered with more and more options mostly useless garbage. ppl gettiing worried about how many miles on the car when 911's were used to buy lumber and dump trash.
RS performance moves closer to Cup car with each new generation and price delta shrinks in the process. Irony is fewer and fewer will be tracked and more bubble wrapped as a result. Trackers see Cayman GT4 has the panacea but personally I have no interest in tracking a turbo if that's what we get. Thankfully Ford and Chevy are stepping in to fill the affordable naturally aspirated tracking void.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:43 AM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

I here you. Am tired of the get on the list, wait on allocation BS. I just want to order my car and drive it. Not just an issue with Porsche unfortunately.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:45 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by allans
Sam, Are you saying your Dealer sells I.7% of all 911s and therefor will get the same percent of new RSs? Also, about what size "Ranking" is your Dealership in total sales? Top 5, top 10 etc?

Thanks, Allan
That is correct. I don't know their nationwide ranking but in the Dallas Fort Worth area, they are the second largest dealership and they are the number one 911 sellers, volume wise, in the area. They are completing a physical expansion and it is a very well run dealership so I wouldn't be surprised if they become number one overall in Dallas Ft Worth.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:53 AM
Strimdog
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
That is correct. I don't know their nationwide ranking but in the Dallas Fort Worth area, they are the second largest dealership and they are the number one 911 sellers, volume wise, in the area. They are completing a physical expansion and it is a very well run dealership so I wouldn't be surprised if they become number one overall in Dallas Ft Worth.
Just picked up a '15 Cayenne Turbo for the wife yesterday and had this discussion with them. (Same dealer). They told me they were currently 6th in the US. I agree they are stellar and have my loyalty for sure. I've been buying P cars from them for 10 years and they've never missed a beat. Showroom looks awesome Sam.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:01 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,806 Likes on 1,101 Posts

You know the guys that drive the air cooled cars at the track, super valuable cars but drive the **** out of them and look at us water cooled guys like we're crazy? Like the guy I saw in POC a couple weeks ago with a mid 60's 911, beautiful car, caged and racing it, he was probably near 70. My idol.

That's us now.

The new mustang has me intrigued. And I have never owned an american car, ever.

this sales strategy does create demand, but long term (40-50years of buying) customers eventually get bored with it and leave the marque.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:10 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Strimdog
Just picked up a '15 Cayenne Turbo for the wife yesterday and had this discussion with them. (Same dealer). They told me they were currently 6th in the US. I agree they are stellar and have my loyalty for sure. I've been buying P cars from them for 10 years and they've never missed a beat. Showroom looks awesome Sam.
I was there yesterday as well and I agree the showroom looks awesome. Congrats on the 15 Cayenne Turbo. How do you like it? Do you know how does it compare to the previous generation?
Old 11-23-2014, 10:16 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

well, yes and no. if you want one, you can get one for sure. maybe a premium, maybe wait long but if you want one that shows your name as orig owner and ordered per your spec, then it's not so easy. this sales strategy does create demand, but long term (40-50years of buying) customers eventually get bored with it and leave the marque. while PAG will not suffer economic consequences, the ownership culture will change and has changed. EX; RS are equipped and offered with more and more options mostly useless garbage. ppl gettiing worried about how many miles on the car when 911's were used to buy lumber and dump trash. maybe i am just getting too old for this rain dance. but i wish others luck!
^ This! I need to spec my car myself or buy the one Mooty specs. We have the same taste in rs. My 4.0 has steel brakes and a big hole in the center console! For some strange reason I don't think that will work with the 1rs????
Old 11-23-2014, 10:18 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I know that we are sort of speaking in code about DFW Porsche dealers, which is probably the right answer. Lets assume for a moment that we aren't talking about Ft. Worth. I have dealt with both the Dallas dealers over the years, purchased from both, service from both, etc. My experiences have been good overall with both. I don't claim to have ever asked the question about rankings, but I know that when I saw the North America CEO (Detlev) at the recent Lone Star ALMS race, he was in the pits with the owner of one of the two Dallas dealers. I also know that when I have spoken with my contacts at PCNA, they have described said dealer as one of the largest volume/premier dealers in U.S. It would surprise me to hear that the other dealer out in Plano is anywhere near in terms of volume, but I have been wrong many times before.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:19 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

In a recent Excellence story on a particular 904 it was mentioned that Porsche built a little over a 100 examples (100 required for homolgation) but less than half were ever tracked let alone raced by their owners. Back then they were called owners not poseurs or some other equally silly epithet.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:47 AM
absent
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tasman
I here you. Am tired of the get on the list, wait on allocation BS. I just want to order my car and drive it. Not just an issue with Porsche unfortunately.
I left Ferrari because I got tired of the games and BS with ordering, being in good graces with dealer, forced to order options I didn't want, and even after being a loyal customer for more then 15 years and numerous new cars (always traded back), still bypassed when a limited model came out.
I'm afraid I see similar situation happening now with Porsche.....
Old 11-23-2014, 11:20 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 159 Posts

To be at the top of any dealers list you have to hold your hand up every time they ask. Every business takes care of their best customers. No one needs the latest and greatest.

Quick Reply: GT3 RS allocations