Sponsored by:

Money2536's Sapphire Blue 991 GT3 Journal

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 10:40 AM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Swisstrax Flooring Install

I got the drywall in, walls and ceiling painted, so now it's time to do the flooring install. I'm a simple guy, so gray and black suit me. I'll most likely be painting the exterior of the pole barn at the same time as the main garage when it's done, so this sterile vibe will look a little less out of place.

Swisstrax is pretty awesome stuff. I've never been a fan of any kind of flooring outside of polished concrete, but this stuff has changed my opinion. It always looks clean. All the dirt and crap fall underneath and is invisible. Leaves get trapped in the first few tiles rather than blowing all the way to the back.

The gray tiles are Ribtrax.

http://www.swisstrax.com/ribtrax-garage-flooring/

The black are Rubber Ribtrax.

http://www.swisstrax.com/recycled-rubber-flooring/

I'll have a ton more photos of the finished product once I get my lighting done.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:58 AM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 95 Posts

Good job Matt
Old 07-09-2016, 03:06 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

That is an incredible amount of work to do in the short time you've had the new house. Seriously impressed, Matt.

It is going to be awesome when you are done.
Old 07-09-2016, 07:29 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well done Matt. Next time I'm down in your area I might have to drop by and see your project.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:53 PM
Shrevehorn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the swisstrax product. Have had down for about a year and a half with no issues.

Still looks great, has some gas or oil spills, just pulled it up, cleaned underneath, back down no problem.

Once or twice have pulled into garage on a slant, hard/ fast, turning wheels and separated some panels. Pulled out the panels, lined it up, stomped it down, good to go.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:46 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bronson7
Well done Matt. Next time I'm down in your area I might have to drop by and see your project.
You better stop by!
Old 07-11-2016, 04:37 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Default Stepping Up My Detailing Game at Esoteric

I've had my eye on taking the Esoteric Elite Detailing Academy for at least a year now, but was reluctant to blow the cash on what my wife refers to as a "hobby." (Now I take offense to diminishing one of my few obsessions to something so menial, but she does let me buy what I want. So I let those jabs slide.)

http://www.esotericcarcare.com/elite...aining-course/

Now before you move to type the "Holy Crap, $1500!" comment in the reply box below, understand that this was worth every penny for a maniac like me. I made about fifteen hundred bucks last month on Amazon click throughs and YouTube ad revenue from Obsessed Garage, so I told her (begged for allowance) that I'm going to Ohio for a detailing seminar. She made some sort of eye roll and muttered something about I probably spent ten times that sum on car parts and detailing supplies already, but she relented. I rounded up a couple of my Obsessed Garage buddies, and we booked the trip for the end of June.
I was able to spend time with the master Todd Cooperider fixing technique and learning more about polishing pad/product combos in these two days than the previous 15 years of my trial and error. Also, for a guy like me that buys tons of stuff due to my fondness of the UPS truck's arrival at my house, you get a wholesale account to buy any product they sell.

If you have any interest in detailing, paint correction, or cool detailing products; I'd highly recommend the trip to Ohio to see the Esoteric crew. I wish I would have done something like this ten years ago.

We were all enthusiasts with a solid knowledge base, but anyone can go to the course. They tailor it to the audience.

This banner cracked me up.

My new love in this world is the pneumatic tool! I can't wait to get my new garage built, so I can get a mac daddy rotary screw air compressor.

Gloss Meter. I want one of these so badly!

Who knows, I might even put a coating on my GT3 someday.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:07 AM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Default Dedicated Wash Bay Project Update

I thought you guys might be interested in my latest project. Back in college I was forced to use a quarter car wash where I brought my own buckets and products to clean my 99' Civic Si. It was then that I came up with the dream to build a dedicated wash bay of my own. Well...that dream has been realized after a lot of work and tons of sweat in the FL heat.

Although, I'll probably never be completely done with this bay, I've finished up all of the major stuff. I have a half a dozen other things to dial in, but the wash bay is now functional. For the full write-up of the main garage and this wash bay, click the link in my signature.
I need to get the PSCup2s installed, but they sure are nice to look at under the bright lights.

r

The speakers are DynAudio Excite X14 and X24 Center with JL Audio E112 Subwoofer.

First Wash!

Old 08-10-2016, 09:08 AM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Default My Own Plate Frames

I hate plate frames. I think I've had 6 or 7 different ones on the GT3. They never seem to fit correctly or cover up half the lettering of the plate. I finally found one kind that I really like from Dinan, but that doesn't really work with a Porsche. So I decided to make my own. I'm super happy how it turned out.

Old 08-24-2016, 12:25 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Default Dyno Testing of TTFS Tune and Dundon Motorsports Exhaust

So I'm pretty much living out the dream I had when I was 15 years old. On Friday morning I had schedule a trip to one of my favorite places in this world, Titan Motorsports. I jumped in the GT3 at about 6:30AM and made the hour+ long trip to South Orlando. After this, I got to head back to my office to meet live online with a follower of my Obsessed Garage stuff to obsess over their financial plan. Like I said, living my dream!

I was first on the dyno for the day. Marty, Nero, Wes and crew always roll out the red carpet for me for some reason. I've told them numerous times, that I'm the one that's excited to come see them

As usual for me, it's a bit nerve racking to put my car on the dyno doing triple digits strapped down with some nylon. Then I remind myself that they have cars with 1500+ WHP on this thing, so my baby horsepower car shouldn't be a problem.

It's reassuring when then measure, then roll, then measure again, then make adjustments, the measure, then roll. It takes a good hour to get the car set-up just to do a few pulls.

So the good news is that the car didn't fall flat on its face. I was fully expecting to make less power than I did in Feb. when I tested with the exhaust alone. It was 93 degrees with 56% humidity in the shade. If you haven't been exposed to Central, FL heat in the summer, it's impossible to explain.

I ended up doing five very consistent runs and was pleased with the results. Run 9 was my baseline back in December of '14, the 15 was with the exhaust alone, and Run 2 was with the TTFS tune.

To recap, the car has:

Dundon Motorsports T321 Stainless Steel Race Headers with Flapped Side Delete

http://www.dundonmotorsports.com/991...ers-with-flaps

Dundon Motorsports/Tuning Tech Frank Smith (TTFS) Cloned/Tuned ECU

http://www.dundonmotorsports.com/por...n-race-exhaust

Old 08-24-2016, 12:28 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Default Quick Cleaning Using AMMO Spit

I'm pretty sure I've become an AMMO convert. I was a hold out in trying his products for some reason. Right now, Spit and Hydrate are my new go-to for quick clean-up and drying aid.

https://www.ammonyc.com/shop/ammo-spit/

https://www.ammonyc.com/shop/ammo-hydrate/

Old 08-24-2016, 01:12 PM
Jpacione
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Money2536
I'm pretty sure I've become an AMMO convert. I was a hold out in trying his products for some reason. Right now, Spit and Hydrate are my new go-to for quick clean-up and drying aid.

Quick Cleaning Before Covering My GT3 using AMMO Spit and Adam's Glass Cleaner - YouTube
Thanks for posting - it's interesting to me that you converted to them. I am a long time Zaino user - their car wash, detail spray and their sealer is pretty incredible. Makes cleaning the car very easy, and I'm not sure what's in his car wash, but take off grime and bugs so much easier than anything else I have used. I really like AMMO as well - tried it a year ago and ended up buying his line to use for a while. Still using it. Larry is very knowledgeable, and a total car guy. His videos are awesome, and very helpful for the DIY ppl like me. So now some cars I use Zaino only, and on some I use AMMO. I am not yet decided on which one I will land on.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:21 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Money2536

Quick Cleaning Before Covering My GT3 using AMMO Spit and Adam's Glass Cleaner - YouTube
Matt, do you like all of the Ammo products? Was thinking of checking out his Paint Regimen. Not sure what to believe but I kinda like his message. Seems a bit different.
Old 09-15-2016, 12:40 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Default Raptor Journal

I got myself a tow rig to pull my cars around!

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/mo...journal-49868/

Old 09-15-2016, 10:02 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just checked it out Matt. What do you do in your spare time? Lol

Quick Reply: Money2536's Sapphire Blue 991 GT3 Journal