Sponsored by:

Yes, Even I'm Getting One.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014 | 07:51 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by carcommander
I would be really sure you are going to get an RS before passing on the GT3. I have bought a bunch of new Porsche's and my odds are near zero.
I bought more than that and they told me only way to guarantee is buy a 918...
I'm still looking for change under my kids mattress
Old 09-14-2014 | 08:23 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
I don't see a 3D to click (Chrome browser on Win 7).
Didn't work with Chrome. I just used Safari on a Mac.
Old 09-14-2014 | 08:25 PM
LAGinz
Pro

Works on IE too.
Old 09-15-2014 | 01:04 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

2015 3d config isn't as good as the 3014 one... Doesn't show sport chrono for example, as well as a few other details like leather vents and a few others I don't recall. Not sure how a program could get worse, but it did. Very clunky
Old 09-15-2014 | 07:42 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio
2015 3d config isn't as good as the 3014 one... Doesn't show sport chrono for example, as well as a few other details like leather vents and a few others I don't recall. Not sure how a program could get worse, but it did. Very clunky
I agree. The 3014 configurator is going to be incredible! I can't wait!! I wasn't aware Porsche already had a preview. They are on the ball. ;-)
Old 09-15-2014 | 08:50 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

LOL.. iPhone fat fingers
Old 10-14-2014 | 08:27 AM
Bruno Giacomelli
Instructor

Originally Posted by Zucc
It's called market value. Dealers that have markets that support over MSRP, like BHP, will charge over MSRP. Other dealers will charge MSRP. If the cars sit and don't sell you will be able to buy them for less than MSRP. If they sit long enough, they will lose money to sell them.

"Dealers are free to set their own prices and prices may vary"

The fact that you and your buddy refuse to believe what is posted right on the Porsche website is laughable.

Stop wasting my time if you can not produce a document that says Porsche dealers in the US are not free to set their own prices or you can give me the name of ONE dealer who lost his franchise for charging over MSRP.
Sully, I hate to throw gas on the fire, but it's good to see you now acknowdging that there can be market pricing. A couple weeks ago you thought it was nonsense:

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
i think maybe you were the one toking...

$1k nationwide enclosed door to door shipping of these cars means that there are no "sub markets"... and when the denominator of available cars changes dramatically (i.e. supply) which it just did, the demand curve shifted dramatically... just silly that they are asking over MSRP now, when there are dozens of allocations available at MSRP...
Originally Posted by Bruno Giacomelli
If robots were buying these cars you'd be right, but there are enough irrational buyers that don't give a rat's *** about door to door, blah, blah. They want certainty now and they will pay for it. You also have no clue what the future supply is.
Old 10-14-2014 | 08:56 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Brusno, I see these as two separate topics, but ok...

What I personally believe is that its a nationwide market, with $1-2k coast to coast shipping, and plenty of these cars at MSRP. I am not sure how that is at odds with believing that Porsche has a policy to not charge customers over MSRP for their cars. I never said that there were no dealers trying to do it...

Quick Reply: Yes, Even I'm Getting One.