Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compensation

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 01:32 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

There is actually a way that seasoned sales people can let you apply the sales credit at any delaership, not just the one where you traded your car. I sold a BMW bike back to a local dealership and baught a Campagna T Rex from Houston a couple of years ago and they were able to apply the BMW sale price as a trade in.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:03 AM
CoreFighter
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello guys, does anyone know how can I join the GT3 owners action group? I got a GT3 delivered in back in January and saw some people says there's an option to have them repurchase the car. I'm considering it, if it is really an option.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:10 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CoreFighter
Hello guys, does anyone know how can I join the GT3 owners action group? I got a GT3 delivered in back in January and saw some people says there's an option to have them repurchase the car. I'm considering it, if it is really an option.
Full details on this thread...

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...up-action.html

Just PM Macca or Capt Mojo with the details requested on post 1...

Old 04-20-2014, 10:21 AM
Tim Lombardi
2nd Gear

Question 2014 GT3 Compensation

Latest on my car is: extended warranty to 5-year/100,000 as mentioned in previous posts and a check from Porsche for $2,000 a month, every month the car is delayed from original delivery date.
Not too bad but is this enough for a car whom some may get 6 months into the model year?
Old 04-22-2014, 11:47 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Fellow 991 GT3 Stakeholders,

We have today, filed our GT3 Worldwide Action Group Letter of complaint, to Porsche AG senior management. A separate communication has also concurrently been sent to Porsche sales offices and regional distributors across the globe.

This letter was the culmination of an intense collaborative/consultative approach between 100+ x 991 GT3 stakeholders from across the globe via a private forum that was created for this purpose - http://tinyurl.com/GT3-Worldwide-Action-Group

The letter seeks to take PAG to task on the issues of communication and fair treatment across regions, in relation to the 991 GT3 "engine rod bolt recall" and the customers it affects. To the best of our knowledge Porsche AG have not at this time consulted the stakeholders directly with regards to these matters!

We hope you will take some time out of your busy schedules to click on the link below and read what has been submitted to dealers and PAG.

We also urge you, as a 991 GT3 "stakeholder", regardless on whether or not you have been a direct part of the GT3 Worldwide Action Group Forum to press upon your supplying dealer the contents of this communication. Your dealer should be aware of the letter and it may in fact help achieve a satisfactory remedy for you....

Sierra Mike & Macca

A full copy of the communication to both dealers and PAG appears here:
http://tinyurl.com/991GT3-PAGletter
Attached Images  
Old 04-23-2014, 12:18 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 386 Likes on 196 Posts

^ Well written letter. In an ideal world, offer every owner a buyback option or an engine fix plus adequate compensation. "Adequate", not in some formulaic calculation based on academic financial damage, but ADEQUATE as in taking all actions to right a wrong. A brand has been tarnished and loyalty marginalized, the right thing here is to put P&L aside and practice damage control.

All this gives me pause as to my 991RS purchase which until recently was a foregone conclusion by a country mile. The logic for staying put until the 991.2 comes out is getting stronger by the day with this mickey-mouse BS coming out of Porsche.

Last edited by CRex; 04-23-2014 at 12:34 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:26 AM
audi500uk
Track Day

Originally Posted by Tim Lombardi
Latest on my car is: extended warranty to 5-year/100,000 as mentioned in previous posts and a check from Porsche for $2,000 a month, every month the car is delayed from original delivery date.
Not too bad but is this enough for a car whom some may get 6 months into the model year?
When was your due delivery date? If all is true think that would go a long way to satisfy clients like me in same boat!

GT3 Action Group - do you know of above?
Old 04-23-2014, 07:48 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

^^^^ Sure we have that documented. It was an offer made by PCNA to US based 991 GT3 customers. If you read the matrix attached to the letter to PAG you will see we call it category C.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:59 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 729 Likes on 357 Posts

I am very hesitant to write this opinion, because of my lack of direct involvement, but here goes:

The letter was very well written, very concise, and showed just the right amount of force without being forceful or antagonistic. I read it as "we are not happy, we just want to be treated fairly, but don't screw with us". Nicely done.

However... I somewhat disagree that EVERY buyer should be treated completely equally. Should a first time buyer that will probably flip the car at their first chance be treated the same as a 30 year customer that buys the next latest and greatest thing coming out of Porsche? Shouldn't the guy that's been loyal to a particular dealer and dealer ownership group for many years be able to negotiate a better deal if offered?

Also, things like markets and supply/demand do have to come into play here. Regardless of initial price, perceptions of resale values and such need to be added to the equation. For example, maybe in UAE, the 'perception' of this issue is so great that they project the car to lose substantial value on resell, but in GB, the 'perception' is that people are more accepting of it and it will do little to affect resale values. Maybe they thought of that with their comp packages?

Trust me please, I seriously sympathize with you guys that are going through this (I'm currently in a similar but different scenario with a vendor I deal with on my race car) and am overly dissapointed in the lack of and inconsistent communication you've received. If I was directly affected, I would be one of the loudest complaining right now. But, I honestly do not see how a 'one size fits all' approach will be beneficial to everyone. Maybe frame it as a baseline "minimum" and allow each individual to negotiate 'above and beyond' with their respective dealers? Just a thought...

Good Luck everyone. I hope for all your sake's this works out quickly and fairly. My buddies that are still waiting are about as restless as you. I'll tell them about the letter so they also can be informed.

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 04-23-2014, 09:05 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the feedback Bob. Much appreciated.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:01 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,460 Likes on 763 Posts

Macca- thanks for all the work you have done to champion this cause. I think the letter is dead on. I believe Bob has good points but I truly feel we needed to look at this objectively, exclude the subjective, and the letter did exactly that. I also applaud your Wife because our Partners have endured us thru all of this.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:01 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Im wondering if I can keep the old engine as a a display piece for my garage or living room
Old 04-23-2014, 09:13 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
Im wondering if I can keep the old engine as a a display piece for my garage or living room
You need to check the Limited Edition section of Porsche Driver's Selection.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:38 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Id consider taking my old engine as compensation once my new engine was fitted :-). Im sure that would make a great powerboat engine ....
Old 04-24-2014, 06:24 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+R...l/9405873.html

Quick Reply: Compensation