Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compensation

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 04:13 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Also - we were all very helpful in helping those in the UK to get there fair share. I hope they would reciprocate and give us some concrete details or even photo copies of their checks with there names covered. We can use their help if this is actually taking place.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:54 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
^ I agree with you Nick. It is not the money as much is it about being fair. If we are getting screwed here in the Sates - I am not happy.
Nick - maybe we should send an email to PCNA once we get a more detailed account of what they are receiving. I would like to know what type of formula are they using over there.

$20,000 plus is almost $4000 per month
Jimmy I did send an email to PCNA. They just responded telling me though they have no personal information regarding the compensation program in Europe, their understanding is that PAG is to address the disparity issue at a later date. My advise to those of you getting your cars and paperwork for compensation not signing off releasing PAG/PCNA for compensation.

Again my view is if there is a valid reason for the disparity tell me and you will not hear from me again. If there is not, then damn it pay me what Europe is getting. We all suffered the same. Europeans were not hurt anymore than those of us in the US.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:10 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Jimmy I did send an email to PCNA. They just responded telling me though they have no personal information regarding the compensation program in Europe, their understanding is that PAG is to address the disparity issue at a later date. My advise to those of you getting your cars and paperwork for compensation not signing off releasing PAG/PCNA for compensation.

Again my view is if there is a valid reason for the disparity tell me and you will not hear from me again. If there is not, then damn it pay me what Europe is getting. We all suffered the same. Europeans were not hurt anymore than those of us in the US.
Nick, my understanding is that PCNA went back to PAG on more than one occasion asking for more money for US customers and were turned down. It pisses me off too, but I wouldn't hold my breath for a different outcome.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:31 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike, the COO Joe Lawrence of PNA, told me the same a month or two ago. He tried but Germany has full control of PNA and the compensation. He wanted to do some good things for us but Germany told him NO.

Again don't hold your breath.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:45 PM
philgva
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For Switzerland I got 225frs per day so already paid into my bank account 22k. Then add 1 year warranty and set of tires. We were very well treated but even more by our center which did a fantastic customer services. At the end, the center is the one interfacing with the client
Old 06-24-2014, 06:48 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by philgva
For Switzerland I got 225frs per day so already paid into my bank account 22k. Then add 1 year warranty and set of tires. We were very well treated but even more by our center which did a fantastic customer services. At the end, the center is the one interfacing with the client
WOW. All that PLUS a set of tires?!?!
Old 06-24-2014, 07:16 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

This much I know. I will not sign any document releasing PCNA for any further claims for compensation even if it means they not sending me what they owe to date. It may be worth litigation the issue. PAG/PCNA have an obligation to deal with us in good faith in this implied contract (which is what it is). The fact that Europe is get much more in compensation and PCNA urging PAG to compensate customers of NA more fairly would be indicative that PAG has not.

You all should realize that PAG is not offering compensation just to be charitable. They are doing this for a variety of financial reasons. They could have been faced with a multitude of lawsuits from owners regarding their losses and down time.

Try renting a Porsche GT3 for $65 a day in the US. it closer to at least $1000 a day. All category A have this loss which would be defrayed to a certain extent if they took out loaners.

If you guys want to roll over that is your business. I will not.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:40 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sure a jury would be sympathetic to someone who received a brand new engine because his car might have had a bad bolt, a new 100k+ Porsche loaner to drive, and $2000 per month spending money. Oh, I forgot, some other rich guy in another country got a better deal.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:03 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zucc
I'm sure a jury would be sympathetic to someone who received a brand new engine because his car might have had a bad bolt, a new 100k+ Porsche loaner to drive, and $2000 per month spending money. Oh, I forgot, some other rich guy in another country got a better deal.
Assuming there is a jury trial, you believe a California juror or any US juror will accept Europeans getting more benefits than US customers from a European Company when each suffered the same damages? I don't think so.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:21 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Assuming there is a jury trial, you believe a California juror or any US juror will accept Europeans getting more benefits than US customers from a European Company when each suffered the same damages? I don't think so.
Unfortunately, most of the people that actually show up for jury duty probably make less than the $2000 per month that Porsche is paying you. I think that they couldn't care less about what is going on in Europe or if they even know where it is on a map. JMO.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:32 PM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Nick i for one am glad your beating the drum here! We are a huge market and my time is as valuable as anyone else's. Besides I'm a good return customer and I'd like an explanation too. I'm waiting till November....

Jimmy has a great point too we need verification from our brothers over seas to forward with our requests, so I hope someone could take a picture and post it.

$22k and loaner and tyres.....wow
Old 06-24-2014, 08:41 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,009 Posts

Just some perspective taking Porsche to court over this will actually cost you more in lawyer cost than what your suing for. The "out" for Porsche will be they offered a full refund, and it's a recall which happens frequently. The compensation is clearly out of good will no court will impose damages when refunds were offered.

Based on the EU they have certain laws that could drive more compensation; thus the higher cost per unit in the EU. I happen to live in the EU, and the US big difference on consumer protection. My opinion it drives up the cost of product such as cars in the EU. Good luck on your decisions, but being compensated, loaner, and increase warrantee I personally think it's fair. At the end of the day we all have a high class problem waiting on our 140k plus cars. Good luck taking that to a court in the US(:

Now I would say if no refund was offered there provides the lemon law, and being stuck with a delayed product damages are obtainable. Free advice here no charge(:
Old 06-24-2014, 08:44 PM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Also - we were all very helpful in helping those in the UK to get there fair share. I hope they would reciprocate and give us some concrete details or even photo copies of their checks with there names covered. We can use their help if this is actually taking place.
UK Cat B customers (including me) are getting no comp at all. So count yourselves lucky in the US and stop complaining!
Old 06-24-2014, 08:48 PM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Screw taking them to court we need to request as a group.

Paul that sucks! However you need to press the issue and with regards to Porsche, don't think $ think....time.

You need comp
Old 06-24-2014, 08:59 PM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyrek
Screw taking them to court we need to request as a group. Paul that sucks! However you need to press the issue and with regards to Porsche, don't think $ think....time. You need comp
Several UK Cat Bs have tried, again including me, and got nowhere. A free loaner for 5 months because your car is delayed is actually pretty generous when you haven't paid for it yet. After all, when i placed the order there was an estimate but no guarantee of delivery date. So I think there's little moral reason for them to offer a healthy comp package on top. It just sucks that rest of world (literally every single other country as far as I can work out) is giving Cat Bs the very generous offer of multiple thousand dollars a month!

Quick Reply: Compensation