Sponsored by:

Compensation

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 09:46 PM
bakamon
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Only 1 and 2 on his list have apparently been approved. My understanding of the post is that the rest is stuff he's asking for.....
Hi Mike in CA.
You are right and thanks for the explaining to my post.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:03 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Thanks, I'd graciously accept that lovely RSR even though it's in white!

Pete, the Driving on Race Circuits supplement follows. Sorry it's in image format rather than a PDF file as I had no site to link it to.

As you pointed out, slicks are forbidden. However the key change to the language regarding tracking the car is on page 2. Previously, the manual read that track use WILL void the warranty. Now it says that track use MAY under some circumstances void the warranty IF the accelerated maintenance procedures outlined in the booklet aren't followed. It's also very interesting to me that this supplement states specifically on page 7 that your local Porsche dealer will help you carry out the inspections required for track driving.
Mike in CA - wow! Thanks for posting this info! I know this reply is a little off topic so apologies to the forum.

This scanned doc is pretty standard track type maintenance so no surprises as most track guys/gals will do this as a minimum (we, well me and my compatriots, often use a much more aggressive oil change schedule, normally minimum of once a season unless it is a hard season, then supplement as necessary with a sample off to Blackstone Labs). But this is quite encouraging from PAG/PCNA. All in all the 991 GT3 is keeping my interest; really interested in the RS variant now too. I also agree with comments from PeteVB that certain track specific DOT and DOT R-comps would most likely satisfy the terms & conditions as outlined and thus ok to use.

Ok, back to the current compensation topic ...
Old 03-20-2014, 11:08 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
I have found out Katrina to be how can I say this politely. hmmmm. Yesterday when she called me she started reading the letter we received last Monday line by line. I almost hanged up on her. We might ask for someone else beside Katrina otherwise good luck with her.
I got the same call today from her and basically asked me if I read the letter issued Monday and if I had any questions, or if I would like her to read the letter for me. I told her I have few questions and started to inquire about when the new engines will be installed and I also inquired about the loaner and the compensation, etc and the answers were the same to all my questions.... "I don't know and we should hear something in 2-3 weeks time". Just a waste of time to say the least.
Not sure why some are getting phone calls to discuss compensation while others like myself & silverrules are getting calls to offer us tutoring lessons to improve our reading skills! Mark
Old 03-20-2014, 11:11 PM
Sierra Mike
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

We're having similar issues in the UK so I suspect that PAG is driving everything. Has anyone considered contacting PAG directly?
Old 03-20-2014, 11:12 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
I got the same call today from her and basically asked me if I read the letter issued Monday and if I had any questions, or if I would like her to read the letter for me. I told her I have few questions and started to inquire about when the new engines will be installed and I also inquired about the loaner and the compensation, etc and the answers were the same to all my questions.... "I don't know and we should hear something in 2-3 weeks time". Just a waste of time to say the least.
Not sure why some are getting phone calls to discuss compensation while others like myself & silverrules are getting calls to offer us tutoring lessons to improve our reading skills! Mark
Did they get your college transcripts? Just kidding.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:14 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bakamon
Hi Mike in CA.
You are right and thanks for the explaining to my post.
Hi Bakamon... Thanks for clarifying what is being offered versus what you are hoping to get. Really appreciate it. It would be really nice if they can meet these demands, and would certainly appeal to most of us. Please keep us posted, and again thank you. Mark
Old 03-20-2014, 11:22 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
Did they get your college transcripts? Just kidding.
I should have told her I am dyslexic, with attention deficit disorder and could use an intervention plan for my dyslexia and perhaps free Porsche driving lessons @ their driving school to help me cope with my A.D.D.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:50 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

She cracks me up
Old 03-20-2014, 11:54 PM
bakamon
Intermediate

Hi Bakamon... Thanks for clarifying what is being offered versus what you are hoping to get. Really appreciate it. It would be really nice if they can meet these demands, and would certainly appeal to most of us. Please keep us posted, and again thank you. Mark
Hi Mark, you are welcome.
I will keep posting once get any update from my PC.

PAG makes me feel very bad in this case because they don't want to treat everyone with same compensation and terms.
If you don't ask, you get nothing.

If in your region, your dealer can find a new buyer would like to pay MSRP to buy "your" motor replaced GT3 easily, you will get nothing.

PAG is driving and monitoring everything behind PCs and dealers.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:55 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by reidry
This is the series of text messages that my sales person sent me:

"They just announced that cars that are pre-production will be built as 2015 models. It will not delay the build any more than the engine delay time. Still no word on that timeframe though."

"Most unbuilt MY2014 GT3 orders will have to be moved to MY2015. Not all, but MOST."

"Yours is a definite though"

Ryan
Ryan, would you assume that my car which entered production on Monday, March 17 would be a 2014 then? Maybe one of the last 2014s? Lame as I would much prefer a 2015 clearly.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:09 AM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
Ryan, would you assume that my car which entered production on Monday, March 17 would be a 2014 then? Maybe one of the last 2014s? Lame as I would much prefer a 2015 clearly.
If your car has entered the body shop I would believe it's a 2014.

Ryan
Old 03-21-2014, 12:11 AM
bakamon
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Capt Mojo
We're having similar issues in the UK so I suspect that PAG is driving everything. Has anyone considered contacting PAG directly?
There is a independent GT3 issues reporting system between all dealers/PCs to PAG,
PAG is reading and monitoring every comment from GT3 owner/buyer in the world.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:55 AM
bakamon
Intermediate

If your car has entered the body shop I would believe it's a 2014.

Ryan
If there is no minor change, basically a MY2014 and MY2015 is same. (MY 2015 makes us feel better)
Usually, Porsche stop/change part of production in May(end of a MY) then restart in July (begin of a new MY).
This time, there is only 3 months to July from now, it's interesting to see how Porsche call those vehicles's MY which production line-on in early 2014 and line-off after June 30.

In this case, my demarcation line is:
1)motor replacement/re-installed vehicles (no matter it happened at PAG, PC or port) = MY2014
2)the other vehicles (without motor replacement) = MY2015

Just my personal opinion.

Last edited by bakamon; 03-21-2014 at 02:55 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:53 AM
bakamon
Intermediate

In one of the other threads there is some doom and gloom over the end of the 2014 production. IMHO Porsche has made the decision to keep the 2014 owners group to a specific size, for the moment lets say it's 1000 cars, could certainly be higher. I fully believe that Porsche will offer cash compensation for lost drive time for delivered cars, an extended warranty for all 2014s (I would hope 50k/6yr or better), and perhaps a number of years of scheduled maintenance for all 2014s.

I think that's a pretty good starting position and perhaps that group could also get some additional compensation in the form of a small refund (effectively a discount against MSRP) or as a credit for parts and accessories (think consumables like rotors, pads and tires). It will largely depend on how vocal and focused the entire group can be as well as how much Porsche believes this could affect brand image both through the way they treat 2014 GT3 customers and what happens to 2014 GT3 residual values.

When I was speaking with Ian Moon at PCNA today he stated that they had a number of ideas for the compensation package. If a large group of 2014 owners can coordinate and say exactly the same thing to multiple regions (PCNA, Porsche UK, etc.) it will have greater sway.

Ryan
Below is MY ask requirements for the compensation to PAG (didn't be approved/agreed yet), anyone in this "group" welcome to give us your comments to it.

If I take the engine replacement:

1. A loaner and a $150 per day cash refund until my GT3 fixed and returned.

2. No loaner and a $200 per day cash refund until my GT3 fixed and returned.

3. 30% discount against MSRP(w/op) cash refund.

4. Extended 3 years Warranty.

5. All fix and replacement must be down and return my GT3 before June 30, 2014.

※ The per day cash refund compensation counted from Feb. 20, 2014.(stop driving announcement date)
#1 & #2 for the delay,recall and waiting for replacement caused inconvenience.
#3 & #4 for the residual/resale values lost.

If I reorder a 2015 GT3 or RS:

1. 10% discount against MSRP and $20K free option on order.

Thanks.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:14 AM
mshahidz
Advanced

Does anyone know if Canadian owners have the opportunity to have the car "bought back".?

Quick Reply: Compensation