Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compensation

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 12:06 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Just got my compensation call. My car was delivered to me in december.

Same offer that has been talked about here. 12 mo warranty/3 year service, tires.

$2k/mo was not brought up until i asked about a monetary comp. Odd...

I said that I was not satisfied with 2k and the reply was that it will be noted.

Im not interested in warranty extension or tires. I made that known.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:08 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,460 Likes on 763 Posts

silverrules - They gave you a Cayenne for a loaner?? If so, I would take that thing 4 wheeling like it has never seen and give it a beating. You should be in a 911 at a minimum
Old 04-11-2014, 12:09 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by lumber

Same offer that has been talked about here. 12 mo warranty/3 year service, tires.

I said that I was not satisfied with 2k and the reply was that it will be noted.

Do you have a loaner?
Old 04-11-2014, 12:23 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lumber

Agree, only cash matters to me.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:30 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

I have a 991s loaner that I could give back tomorrow for all I care. That is not a factor apparently.

And my dealer is getting paid for me to drive it so im trying to accomodate.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:47 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,460 Likes on 763 Posts

lumber - explain why the dealer would be getting paid. A lot of people wondered who is eating that bill
Old 04-11-2014, 12:54 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 728 Likes on 357 Posts

From an admittedly outsiders point of view, I have been reading these threads with great interest and have some thoughts on the compensation situation. And for those that want to know, I only post 1) because I have a couple friends that are in the same boat as all of you, but do not post here on Rennlist so I cam sometimes expressing their views for them, and 2) I have a close enough relationship and history with Porsche that I am very interested in the outcome of this.

Reading through and following all these threads (I need to get a life) its obvious that for each of you, the amount of compensation you get to satisfy you is very personal. For some, an extended warranty means nothing, for some, it's huge. Cash may be important for some, not for others. Tires, loaner, etc. all mean different things to different people. And for some, just getting the car back is all they want....

I believe that is why Porsche is handling this the way they are. The baseline is X (warranty, $2000/month, loaner) but anything more or different that will appease YOU, YOU will have to negotiate for.

Presumably, since you are able to afford this car, you have been fairly successful in your careers. To get to where you are, you probably have 1 or 2 negotiations under your belt, right?. So...stop worrying about 'he got this and she got that' and use your business acumen and get the best deal for YOU. Who cares about what everyone else gets? Did you all have this discussion when you bought the car to begin with? Did you spend thousands of hours asking people you've most likely never met on a forum "what did you pay? What deal did the dealer give you?" I would bet EVERY one of you paid a different price, NEGOTIATED a different price. Same applies here.

Go out, get whats best for YOU to make YOU happy, and move on.

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 04-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Can't wait to read the replies to ^. /popcorn.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:36 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Presumably, since you are able to afford this car, you have been fairly successful in your careers. To get to where you are, you probably have 1 or 2 negotiations under your belt, right?. So...stop worrying about 'he got this and she got that' and use your business acumen and get the best deal for YOU. Who cares about what everyone else gets? Did you all have this discussion when you bought the car to begin with? Did you spend thousands of hours asking people you've most likely never met on a forum "what did you pay? What deal did the dealer give you?" I would bet EVERY one of you paid a different price, NEGOTIATED a different price. Same applies here.
In this age of technology, yes im going to use this tool to cut right to the chase.

If I know that someone is offered 10k, and im only offered tires why would I not want to know that Im leaving money on the table.

Sorry, Ive got better things to do then play poker with porsche...

lumber - explain why the dealer would be getting paid. A lot of people wondered who is eating that bill
Its a loaner. Porsche pays the dealer xxx a day to have the car available. They also pay xxxx to take a new 991 and put it in the loaner program.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:11 PM
Dude-
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got my call from Porsche.

Same offer as what everyone is getting. 2K and extended warrantee. The rep was very professional and you can tell she is somewhat understanding of the situation. I explained to her that my delay didn't really start at Stop Sale because I was promised the car since January (long story). The estimated 6K that porsche offered according to my eyes does not even cover the cost of 2014 model depreciation so lets not even lump the " inconvenience compensation" into that figure. It may be different with some folks but approx 6k of compensation is laughable.
I concluded the conversation by praising Porsche for doing what they did and I honestly felt they were professional in the actions that they have taken to protect the safety of their customers. The communication part can be better but I was satisfied with it. The "compensation" is unacceptable for me so if it is not changed, I will ask for a full refund and cancel my GT3RS order as well.
I really hope it gets changed but if not, it has been an absolute pleasure learning from you folks.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:22 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Dude, agree, given the uncertainty of everything going forward, from motor to future resale, a refund is better than 6K. That's a no brainer. I don't think the 2014 cars are going to be very desirable given the timing of the 2015. They would have to be heavily discounted for anyone to take a 14 over a 15. It'll be more than 6K.

I've not gotten a call yet, but I'm out of my car for a refund if that's what I get.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:22 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, my new concern is depreciation of a 2014. - -Never thought i would.. but now actually looking into option of selling back .. then 2015 GT3 allocation, but if they can't guarantee a 2015 alloc that, and f w/ me..

just do a 180 and do a used McLaren.. Can't be tied to a brand. have to let go IF needed
Old 04-11-2014, 02:25 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LateBrake911
Yep, my new concern is depreciation of a 2014. - -Never thought i would.. but now actually looking into option of selling back .. then 2015 GT3 allocation, but if they can't guarantee a 2015 alloc that, and f w/ me..

just do a 180 and do a used McLaren.. Can't be tied to a brand. have to let go IF needed
Yeah, not a time for brand loyalty.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:49 PM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 282 Posts

Man I wish it had a manual. I'd honestly jump at some of the deals you guys are turning down. I'm not saying you shouldn't turn it down, but for me that warranty covering track use is gold, and the car was a decent deal before anything gets knocked off. I guess we'll see if others without my aversion to automatics agree or not...
Old 04-11-2014, 02:50 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 773 Posts

This is what Porsche should be giving away to GT3 owners!

The good thing is that they seem sure the GT3's will be running in June.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
40 Years Anniversary Drive.pdf (1.06 MB, 113 views)
File Type: pdf
Registration Form 2014.pdf (36.6 KB, 138 views)

Quick Reply: Compensation