Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compensation

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 04:30 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

I do not get this set of new tires. I have to believe that when they replace the engines they will be overviewing the car and if the tires have dead spots they would automatically replace them especially if the car was returned to the dealer. For instance, my car has been sitting at port. There is no way that after they replace the engine are they going to have me buy/title a car that has faulty tires, dead battery ect.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:31 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
First, thanks to TomTom for his post. As to your question, LB911, I don't think the other shoe has dropped yet on US compensation. I expect/hope some clarity will be gained once our personal "concierge" gives us a call.
I agree.

Also, note that for the US, there are only 2 dedicated GT3 concierges who will be handling this process. It will NOT be the folks at customer care in Massachusetts. It will be 2 individuals located at PCNA HQ in Atlanta.

With only 2 dedicated personnel, and with roughly 400 calls to make, it will take some time...
Old 04-10-2014, 04:51 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

New tires should be a GIVEN.

WTF Porsche!
Old 04-10-2014, 05:44 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Guys Here is the latest scope on the compensation

A) $2000 per month since time of stop drive.

Or If you don't want this offer

B) 4 new tires when it is time to change them, and 3 year free service on Car

You can't have both you must pick option A or B

Of course you all know about the 1 year warranty but still not clarified if it is truly 6 month or an additional year depending if they reset the clock or not

This is the latest so far on compensation

Of course they are willing to repurchase the car and also looking into allowing an allocation for 2015 if you want to opt out but will not know for sure till later this month

Mark
Old 04-10-2014, 05:50 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by mqandil
Guys Here is the latest scope on the compensation A) $2000 per month since time of stop drive. Or If you don't want this offer B) 4 new tires when it is time to change them, and 3 year free service on Car You can't have both you must pick option A or B Of course you all know about the 1 year warranty but still not clarified if it is truly 6 month or an additional year depending if they reset the clock or not This is the latest so far on compensation Of course they are willing to repurchase the car and also looking into allowing an allocation for 2015 if you want to opt out but will not know for sure till later this month Mark
Thanks!

Is the 4 new tires anytime? Or just within 3 years? Also, is the 3 years free service including wear and tear items like brakes?
Old 04-10-2014, 05:52 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

I am getting this clarified as we speak. Will let you know later today but my guess is yes on the tires and No on the wear items, otherwise the tires would not have been mentioned specifically. Mark
Old 04-10-2014, 06:03 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by mqandil
I am getting this clarified as we speak. Will let you know later today but my guess is yes on the tires and No on the wear items, otherwise the tires would not have been mentioned specifically. Mark
Thanks, Mark.

Also, are the set of tires (including labor, I'm sure?) and the 3 year service plan transferable? Along with the 1 year extra warranty? If not transferable, the value of this option is much less for those who may not keep their car for very long...

If the service plan does not include wear and tear items, does anyone have an educated guess as to the $ value of 3 years of scheduled maintenance on this car?

The tires are about $2,100 (Tire Rack). Assume mounting and balancing and all in at around $2,500 value.

The question is: is the 3 year plan they are offering worth more than say $5,500? I'm coming up with that figure, assuming a 4 month time frame from Stop Drive until engine swap ($2k x 4 = $8k).

-Tim
Old 04-10-2014, 06:04 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

I just got my call from Sarah at PCNA. An extended warranty for one year or up to 100,000 miles (whichever comes first) after the expiration of the 4 year, 50,000 mile new car warranty which starts when I take delivery of the new car. $2000 per month cash compensation for each month that passes between when the car was to have been delivered (in my case, February 21st, 2014) and when the engine has been replaced. She said that all already delivered cars worldwide would get their new engines first, followed by those who had been next in the queue to have their cars delivered but for the stop sale.

She also said that I would be contacted by my dealership when the new engine has arrived and that the swap would be done by the dealer.

She did not mention any other compensation options, and I didn't ask as I would prefer cash to tires or limited free service anyway.

I forgot to ask whether the extended warranty would be transferrable or not.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:10 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jfr0317
I just got my call from Sarah at PCNA. An extended warranty for one year or up to 100,000 miles (whichever comes first) after the expiration of the 4 year, 50,000 mile new car warranty which starts when I take delivery of the new car. $2000 per month cash compensation for each month that passes between when the car was to have been delivered (in my case, February 21st, 2014) and when the engine has been replaced. She said that all already delivered cars worldwide would get their new engines first, followed by those who had been next in the queue to have their cars delivered but for the stop sale.

She also said that I would be contacted by my dealership when the new engine has arrived and that the swap would be done by the dealer.

She did not mention any other compensation options, and I didn't ask as I would prefer cash to tires or limited free service anyway.

I forgot to ask whether the extended warranty would be transferrable or not.
Thanks John. So I guess they are only offering cash for people who have their car stuck at the port. I suspect the people who took position have the option of the free tires and free 3 yr service. Thanks again for sharing. Mark
Old 04-10-2014, 06:10 PM
0Q991
Drifting

I just got my call from Sarah at PCNA. An extended warranty for one year or up to 100,000 miles (whichever comes first) after the expiration of the 4 year, 50,000 mile new car warranty which starts when I take delivery of the new car. $2000 per month cash compensation for each month that passes between when the car was to have been delivered (in my case, February 21st, 2014) and when the engine has been replaced. She said that all already delivered cars worldwide would get their new engines first, followed by those who had been next in the queue to have their cars delivered but for the stop sale. She also said that I would be contacted by my dealership when the new engine has arrived and that the swap would be done by the dealer. She did not mention any other compensation options, and I didn't ask as I would prefer cash to tires or limited free service anyway. I forgot to ask whether the extended warranty would be transferrable or not.
Thanks--I'm I the same boat as you...stuck at port. Did you have to give indication on acceptance of the compensation on the spot?

Looks like I was wrong and maybe they are employing more customer care folks to make the calls and not just the 2 GT3 concierges in Atlanta...
Old 04-10-2014, 06:14 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Thanks--I'm I the same boat as you...stuck at port. Did you have to give indication on acceptance of the compensation on the spot?

Looks like I was wrong and maybe they are employing more customer care folks to make the calls and not just the 2 GT3 concierges in Atlanta...
Hi, Tim. She just outlined the terms of the compensation and did not require me to agree to the terms. She did say that receiving the compensation would be contingent on my signing an agreement that would be sent to me when the engine has been swapped.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:14 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 0Q991

No there is no pressure to make the decision on the spot and I suspect they will take your complaints back to their manager, so be sure to give them your real feelings and opinion. I also think this is not the end of the negotiation and that if everyone wants to opt out they will probably grease the wheel. For me I would really prefer to get a 2015 allocation. Mark
Old 04-10-2014, 06:23 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Thanks Mark and John.

Looks like this process is starting to gain some traction.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:28 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Hi, Tim. She just outlined the terms of the compensation and did not require me to agree to the terms. She did say that receiving the compensation would be contingent on my signing an agreement that would be sent to me when the engine has been swapped.
John:

For people like us, would cash comp be a check to us? Or deducted from price of the car.

Deducting it would be better for us--no tax bill on the money, plus lower cost of the car = lower sales tax AND lower the base used for the annual license / registration fee...
Old 04-10-2014, 06:29 PM
rayng
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@0Q991, great point about the taxes. Uncle Sam deserves none of that compensation.
IMHO, I'd give the car back. I'd hazard to guess that the compensation is not only for lack of use but mainly for depreciation. Sorry but the 2014 991 gt3s will be notorious.

Quick Reply: Compensation