Configurator Changes - ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 01:18 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default PTS in the gt3

Originally Posted by eilig
I had ordered Basalt, then my production got delayed enough to make my car a 2015, then Basalt is off the menu, nearest is Jet. I don't like Jet. Going to dealer today to discuss my options. I'm thinking a free custom color (Basalt!!) is in order...
Originally Posted by eilig
Exactly. I spoke with my dealer today regarding the matter, and suggested that we go with Paint to Sample, Basalt, and I not be charged for the Paint to Sample, since it's certainly not my fault that I won't be delivered a 2014 car, as ordered. The dealer agreed, so that's what we're going for... Let's see what happens.
I doubt that PCNA will waive the $4,675 invoice for the $5,500 MSRP of PTS on your '15 re-order. That will have to be absorbed by your dealer in a reduction of his profit margin on your order. That is generous considering the anticipated demand for '15 gt3s.

Regardless, if you are willing to go through the hassle of PTS on your MY2015 991 gt3, perhaps you should consider thinking 'outside the Basalt colored box', albeit a nice but well-used color in the 997/991, and order a truly unique & intriguing hue from the currently pre-approved PTS colors available via 'Porsche Exclusive'. Give it a thought...or two. It will give added value and exclusivity to your gt3, plus liven up your ownership experience!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images
Old 04-03-2014, 07:02 AM
KINGSRULE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rosino
Sorry but how is jet black different than basalt black?

Well, for starters it's a different color..........
Old 04-03-2014, 09:06 AM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rosino
Sorry but how is jet black different than basalt black?
You have obviously never seen them parked side-by-side, in direct sunlight. Jet Black has a lot more brown to it than Basalt Black.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:26 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Amaranth Red was the color I was going to config my Turbo with, what the hell Porsche, where did it go? You going to make me PTS Arena Red like the old 993s like I wanted too any how?
Old 04-03-2014, 11:40 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GJ
Well, for starters it's a different color..........
Well that and it don't help that our displays can't "display" every slight nuance and sun reflection / refraction.

Further, who knows how far out of proper setting or correct setting our displays really are. From the moment we buy and turn on our new monitors they begin to decay. The older CRT displays much more so than the new flat displays that are either LED or Plasma.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:26 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Got this info from my SA yesterday on the new sport chrono/track app:

My 2014 build had the sport chrono, but now I'm a 2015 sept build, and for $1850, I think I'm gonna pass since my Aim Solo DL does just as much and more than this track app. My SA also confirmed there is NO camera. Just datalogging/timing. I would like to get my hands on those custom gauges to use in my own overlays though...
Old 04-09-2014, 11:54 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,667 Likes on 774 Posts

No camera? So what's that screen shot?
Old 04-10-2014, 12:09 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

^^^^ Harrys laptimer iPhone = $22 and does video. What the point in forking $1850? Really?
Old 04-10-2014, 12:19 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,667 Likes on 774 Posts

I could never get Harries to work right, I'm just not technical and it's not intuitive enough.
Spend a few hundred bucks on all recommended hardware and an hour but besides lap times in ever got anything out of it.
Plus fills up I phone and I need it when the car is parked.

Would be nice when I shut down Tomtom on the IPad and could make it work when we go rallying with rental car in Kiwiland..

I love my $2500 VBox plug and play (and has dealers to set it all up for you with gear, etc) I'd love to have the equivalent come with the car, like Corvettes and now Gt3's IF Porsche is going to ad a camera.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:38 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

^^^ LOL. Im with you Pete. I actually use VBox (Performance box). Just plug it in and it does its job then I take out the SD card and load it into Circuit Tools on the Laptop. Very simple and no fuss. Doesnt give me engine data but I think the later versions can do that via a bluetooth OBD2 dongle as can Harrys. Total cost of a Racelogic PeformanceBox is around $500. Next step up would be AIM Solo DL with CAN/OBD2 connector + smartycam or probably what you have.

Point is 1850 USD for a fixed propriety system with limited functionality and support is ridiculous. You cant take it with you when you move cars, you cant easily feed others lap time sin like yo can with a group using AIM etc so you can see where people are picking up times etc.

I agree some systems require too much energy and set up (like Harrys with limited iphone video resolution, flakey and slow OBD2 bluetooth and high battery drain requirements not to mention inability to use phone for other functions whislt running etc) - however for that money my next move will be AIM DL + OBD2 + smartycam and its a pretty intuitive set up....

When you come to Kiwiland for a driving holiday you drop me a line here. I just covered 6000km of the most glorious roads and tracks in NZ...
Attached Images      
Old 04-10-2014, 12:42 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
No camera? So what's that screen shot?
I think the Porsche track app that works with your phone will overlay data onto video taken from your phone. This program seems eerily familiar with Harry's laptimer.

Originally Posted by Macca
^^^^ Harrys laptimer iPhone = $22 and does video. What the point in forking $1850? Really?
Basically the sport chrono clock is super expensive now. LOL. Actually, if I didn't have an AiM solo DL already ($700), I would consider this option just because it's integrated into the car for less fuss. Kind of like getting a navi option instead of connecting your phone or a garmin. Costs a lot more, but nice it have it integrated. Then again, I couldn't share data with other Solo DL owners, and logging would be limited to just the GT3. Forget it. Not worth it in any case. LOL

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I could never get Harries to work right, I'm just not technical and it's not intuitive enough.
Spend a few hundred bucks on all recommended hardware and an hour but besides lap times in ever got anything out of it.
Plus fills up I phone and I need it when the car is parked.

Would be nice when I shut down Tomtom on the IPad and could make it work when we go rallying with rental car in Kiwiland..

I love my $2500 VBox plug and play (and has dealers to set it all up for you with gear, etc) I'd love to have the equivalent come with the car, like Corvettes and now Gt3's IF Porsche is going to ad a camera.
Vbox video is pure garbage, and you don't get enough data channels to do more detailed analysis unless you start hooking up tons of crazy wires. AiM Solo DL via CAN connection along with SmartyCAM HD is a better solution and still cheaper than a $2500 vbox if you want plug and play.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:26 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 371 Likes on 223 Posts

Beautiful scenery and cars Macca!
Old 04-10-2014, 01:50 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Thanks man, Heres a few more....had to include one of some sheep of course.

We have over 2500 images to sift through and around 1TB of in car footage! Most of the pictures I still havent opened yet. If you ever get the chance its rated as one of the most beautiful countries in the world and has roads to die for (lots of hill passes, twisties, elevation etc very few flat straight roads lie in the USA).

People come over and ride with us in the NZ Targa. Probably the fastest and longest tarmac road rally/Targa left anywhere. It doesnt take them long to appreciate how crazy we are. As a nation we punched well above our weight in Motorsport - due to our roads and fascination with machines. Porsche just announced a kiwi driver Brendan Hartley for their new 919 mission to accompany an Australia (Mark Webber). Youve had us Kiwis in your top echalons of motorsport in North America for a few decades from CanAM (Hulme & McLaren) to Nascar (Dixon et al).
Attached Images            
Old 04-10-2014, 02:18 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Ah heck. You guys deserve a break. Ive just got back from a month driving every single day some of the best roads since Europe last Dec- here are a few more for you....come join us!
Attached Images          
Old 04-10-2014, 08:29 AM
KINGSRULE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Macca

The problem with NZ is you guys drive on the wrong side of the road

Quick Reply: Configurator Changes - ???