Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 10:33 PM
sithot
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
again, this is in the Ford school of product defect resolution: count the cost per dead customer versus the cost of remedying all cars.)
Ford Pinto Crash Test - YouTube
As per post 1014...

http://www.engineering.com/Library/A...ord-Pinto.aspx
Old 03-09-2014, 04:31 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Today, I had a real a bizarre incident. In the morning I went to the Porsche dealership to return the GT3 center lock wheel socket, that I purchased immediately after I got my GT3, because the salesman told me at the time, the 2014 GT3 is not supplied with the wheel socket and must be purchased separately. Couple of days later I discovered the socket that came with the car, I informed the salesman who was embarrassed and asked me to return it back and get a refund. So this morning I did that, and as I was about to get back into my car, to go home, I noticed a nice Shiny Red 2014 GT3 driving by. Of course this caught me by a surprise and I start thinking this owner got some *****, to defy Porsche orders of not driving the GT3, and right in front of their dealership and I had a big grin on my face. However I decided to follow the GT3 to take a closer look at the car. I followed the car for over a mile, feasting my eyes on this gorgeous machine, until I got much closer and noticed the car license plate, and realized this was my own GT3!
At this point the grin turned into concern, and started to wonder if this guy driving my car and who is defying Porsche orders, stole my car from the dealership.
Shall I try to stop him on my own? Or shall I call the police? Or shall I just follow him? And should I even make him aware that he can go up in flames and burn down to the ground with the car. Hmmmm I had to make a decision quick.
At the traffic light I pulled next to the car to take a look at the driver and recognized him immediately. He was one of the Porsche technicians and he also recognized me as well. He lowered the window and proceeded to tell me he is taking the car for a test drive, and I asked him why. He said he can't share too much details with me, but my car is flagged for an inspection, and he is not authorized to share more information. I tried to press him for more details but he kept saying he does not want to lose his job.
Very unusual and especially I know this technician very well, but he was not willing to share more info.....

It is kind of funny incident since I was chasing my own car..... But it appears some of the dealerships, may have already received some instructions or plans for an inspection or may be even a fix. Let's hope so... We should know more in few days.

The technician was terrified of sharing any info with me, which supports the speculations of many about the role of the attorneys in this issue.

I thought this incident is worth sharing with you.

Last edited by mqandil; 03-09-2014 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:41 AM
Arth
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
Today, I had a real a bizarre incident. In the morning I went to the Porsche dealership to rerun the GT3 center lock wheel socket, that I purchased immediately after I got my GT3, because the salesman told me at the time, the 2014 GT3 is not supplied with the wheel socket and must be purchased separately. Couple of days later I discovered the socket that came with the car, I informed the salesman who was embarrassed and asked me to return it back and get a refund. So this morning I did that, and as I was about to get back into my car, to go home, I noticed a nice Shiny Red 2014 GT3 driving by. Of course this caught me by a surprise and I start thinking this owner got some *****, to defy Porsche orders of not driving the GT3, and right in front of their dealership and I had a big grin on my face. However I decided to follow the GT3 to take a closer look at the car. I followed the car for over a mile, feasting my eyes on this gorgeous machine, until I got much closer and noticed the car license plate, and realized this was my own GT3! At this point the grin turned into concern, and started to wonder if this guy driving my car and who is defying Porsche orders, stole my car from the dealership. Shall I try to stop him on my own? Or shall I call the police? Or shall I just follow him? And should I even make him aware that he can go up in flames and burn down to the ground with the car. Hmmmm I had to make a decision quick. At the traffic light I pulled next to the car to take a look at the driver and recognized him immediately. He was one of the Porsche technicians and he also recognized me as well. He lowered the window and proceeded to tell me he is taking the car for a test drive, and I asked him why. He said he can't share too much details with me, but my car is flagged for an inspection, and he is not authorized to share more information. I tried to press him for more details but he kept saying he does not want to lose his job. Very unusual and especially I know this technician very well, but he was not willing to share more info..... It is kind of funny incident since I was chasing my own car..... But it appears some of the dealerships, may have already received some instructions or plans for an inspection or may be even a fix. Let's hope so... We should know more in few days. The technician was terrified of sharing any info with me, which supports the speculations of many about the role of the attorneys in this issue. I thought this incident is worth sharing with you.
Thank you for sharing. Must have been freaky when you realised it was your car!

But this is definitely a positive thing if inspections are starting.

Kind regards,
Old 03-09-2014, 04:53 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

mqandil.

Thats a very interesting development.

Could you enlighten us as to when you car was manufactured? If you dont know then when was it released from the factory or when did it hit US soil?
Old 03-09-2014, 05:49 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
mqandil.

Thats a very interesting development.

Could you enlighten us as to when you car was manufactured? If you dont know then when was it released from the factory or when did it hit US soil?
Macca
The exit production date for my car was November 24th 2013. The car arrived at the port of San Diego USA on December 26th 2013. I took position of the car on January 14th. Hope this helps

Just curious when was yours?

Last edited by mqandil; 03-11-2014 at 02:04 AM.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:57 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Mar,

My exit date was 29 November 2013 so same week build as yours. I picked it up 04 Dec.

I have a strong suspicion your car and mine were not affected by an internal part failure. I suspect there is nothing wrong with our cars. hence the technical driving it. its possible they have been asked to replace a fixture or flash some new ECU software but clearly they havent opened the engine and there is no way the Tech would be driving that car on the public road if there was any concern from PAG at all that it would erupt into flames, threaten life and cause a PR disaster in USA. I think they knew that car was good before they set off on a test drive....just my hunch.

We live in hope!
Old 03-09-2014, 05:59 AM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 135 Likes on 74 Posts

Hopefully they are trying out a fix which is good. The alternative - they are trying to reproduce the problem - probably not so.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:08 AM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Today, I had a real a bizarre incident. In the morning I went to the Porsche dealership to rerun the GT3 center lock wheel socket, that I purchased immediately after I got my GT3, because the salesman told me at the time, the 2014 GT3 is not supplied with the wheel socket and must be purchased separately. Couple of days later I discovered the socket that came with the car, I informed the salesman who was embarrassed and asked me to return it back and get a refund. So this morning I did that, and as I was about to get back into my car, to go home, I noticed a nice Shiny Red 2014 GT3 driving by. Of course this caught me by a surprise and I start thinking this owner got some *****, to defy Porsche orders of not driving the GT3, and right in front of their dealership and I had a big grin on my face. However I decided to follow the GT3 to take a closer look at the car. I followed the car for over a mile, feasting my eyes on this gorgeous machine, until I got much closer and noticed the car license plate, and realized this was my own GT3!
At this point the grin turned into concern, and started to wonder if this guy driving my car and who is defying Porsche orders, stole my car from the dealership.
Shall I try to stop him on my own? Or shall I call the police? Or shall I just follow him? And should I even make him aware that he can go up in flames and burn down to the ground with the car. Hmmmm I had to make a decision quick.
At the traffic light I pulled next to the car to take a look at the driver and recognized him immediately. He was one of the Porsche technicians and he also recognized me as well. He lowered the window and proceeded to tell me he is taking the car for a test drive, and I asked him why. He said he can't share too much details with me, but my car is flagged for an inspection, and he is not authorized to share more information. I tried to press him for more details but he kept saying he does not want to lose his job.
Very unusual and especially I know this technician very well, but he was not willing to share more info.....

It is kind of funny incident since I was chasing my own car..... But it appears some of the dealerships, may have already received some instructions or plans for an inspection or may be even a fix. Let's hope so... We should know more in few days.

The technician was terrified of sharing any info with me, which supports the speculations of many about the role of the attorneys in this issue.

Sounds like maybe positive news?

I do find this weird though. You pay this much for a car and they can't/won't tell you what is or may be going on with it?
Old 03-09-2014, 08:36 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 644 Likes on 307 Posts

WTF??? Again, this is acceptable behavior and a prudent way to treat customers after they have dropped 150k and they OWN the car?? People accept this type of behavior?
Old 03-09-2014, 10:00 AM
RINGMEISTER27
Racer

^ I agree. I would have yeld RAPE at the scene.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:20 AM
redleg321
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Today, I had a real a bizarre incident. In the morning I went to the Porsche dealership to rerun the GT3 center lock wheel socket, that I purchased immediately after I got my GT3, because the salesman told me at the time, the 2014 GT3 is not supplied with the wheel socket and must be purchased separately. Couple of days later I discovered the socket that came with the car, I informed the salesman who was embarrassed and asked me to return it back and get a refund. So this morning I did that, and as I was about to get back into my car, to go home, I noticed a nice Shiny Red 2014 GT3 driving by. Of course this caught me by a surprise and I start thinking this owner got some *****, to defy Porsche orders of not driving the GT3, and right in front of their dealership and I had a big grin on my face. However I decided to follow the GT3 to take a closer look at the car. I followed the car for over a mile, feasting my eyes on this gorgeous machine, until I got much closer and noticed the car license plate, and realized this was my own GT3!

Your story makes me suspect the guy was joyriding and the terror in his face was of being caught by the vehicle's owner.

He could have easily shared all the details of what he was doing and if you're enough of a douche to use that information against him, he could just deny it and say you're a crazy rennlister.

Something is fishy but hopefully the guy was being sincere and was just following orders.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:32 AM
Fünfzig
Instructor

Obviously, A fix must be in the works, as there is no way that a dealership would allow any joy riding in cars under a stop-sale...
Old 03-09-2014, 10:33 AM
snabbgt3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joyriding?! Yea, that's likely ... he might just as well placed a gun to his head. Seriously? ... in this high-visibility car.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:13 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Does anyone else find it interesting that no other region received an e-mail / letter like ours from PCNA on Friday?
Old 03-09-2014, 11:14 AM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would find this entirely unacceptable. You OWN the car! If someone is driving my car, that I OWN, I am entitled to an explanation as to WHY. At least that's the way I think. If they can't tell me WHY they find it necessary to put miles on a car that I own, then they write me a check, on the spot, for a full refund. If you have no say over what happens to (and who drives) your car, then in theory, you no longer own it. In which case, a check should be written to you on the spot. ENTIRELY unacceptable.

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?