Pro

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

Tie Fighter
Old 05-18-2014, 04:12 PM
YOCOHO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3ZZZ
Black is black, I've got my baby back! Its epic, keep the faith.

Very nice mine will be delivering Nov 14th got the word last week. Enjoy!
Old 05-18-2014, 06:10 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MyenShi
Time to build the 400 US motors.
25 Engines per day means just 16 days to build all 400. Even if they shut the factory down on weekends (do they?), that's just 3 weeks. 6 weeks if you count weekends off and equal distributing around the world. It seems there is a lot more than 6 weeks between the first shipments to Europe and many of the people here in the US.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:21 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
25 Engines per day means just 16 days to build all 400. Even if they shut the factory down on weekends (do they?), that's just 3 weeks. 6 weeks if you count weekends off and equal distributing around the world. It seems there is a lot more than 6 weeks between the first shipments to Europe and many of the people here in the US.
Also, don't forget all the ancillary parts, outfitting ports for the work, mobilizing the various teams.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:51 PM
hemeoncdoc
AutoX

I just got the call from PCNA re my engine swap. I suspect that they have a bunch of lower eschelon people making the calls. He didn't know what Brumos was, asked if I meant "Brunos." Anyway, I am assigned week 28, July 7-13 for engine arrival. "Conservatively" it should be back in my hands 3 to 4 weeks later. So... still 2.5 months before it is back in action. Next call will be 2 weeks prior to pickup to finalize pickup arrangements to go to Atlanta. Interesting that they are requesting both keys - related to software reprogramming I assume?
Old 05-19-2014, 04:50 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,466 Likes on 765 Posts

Probably precautionary to make sure every thing is accounted for. So if the car disappears from Port they can rule that out.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:12 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

So far it looks like the earliest expected car return dates for the US is the week of 7/7 thru 7/13. Anyone heard earlier? thx
Old 05-19-2014, 08:23 PM
myphillylawyer
Track Day

has anyone received a call that had their car's production ceased on the assembly line? Will our cars sit in Germany until every engine is swapped on the state-side cars?
Old 05-19-2014, 09:30 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,466 Likes on 765 Posts

I think "Clocked" is in that situation. He often posts.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:24 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jimmy D. Just had a call today with two high senior executives at PNA on the exact topic. Cars that were on the assembly line at the stop sale all have defective engines. All will be the very last to get the new engines. The plan is for those cars the engine swap will occur at the factory. The expected delivery of those cars for the US is October or November. All they could say was they were the last produced and last to get engines. I asked will mine come with snow tires? They laughed.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:47 AM
myphillylawyer
Track Day

Originally Posted by Clocked
Jimmy D. Just had a call today with two high senior executives at PNA on the exact topic. Cars that were on the assembly line at the stop sale all have defective engines. All will be the very last to get the new engines. The plan is for those cars the engine swap will occur at the factory. The expected delivery of those cars for the US is October or November. All they could say was they were the last produced and last to get engines. I asked will mine come with snow tires? They laughed.
Well if that's the case, and I received a call from PCNA that informed me beginning May 2nd (my original DD), I'd be getting $2,000/ month until delivered, then that computes to roughly $12,000.00. That's nearly a 10% reduction on the cost of the car. That sounds good but now I'm wondering if that will fairly compensate me for the depreciated loss in value.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:03 AM
az audi
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by myphillylawyer
has anyone received a call that had their car's production ceased on the assembly line? Will our cars sit in Germany until every engine is swapped on the state-side cars?
I did not get a call from PNC, but my sales rep did call and send an email on my production dates. My car originally scheduled to be completed 2/28/14 and delivered 5/2/14. My new dates are 7/25 and 10/3/14. Almost exactly 5 month delay according to their computer system.

And I'll be able to do a side by aside comparison to a MY15 at time of delivery. How disappointing.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:34 AM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

az audi. Let me add some clarification. As I was told by these two individuals (COO and head of customer service for PNA) the people that are being called now are those that the car was at stage 8 or V300 or later i.e. completed, at ports or delivered. All cars in production at the time of stop sale which would have been before stage 8 will get calls starting at the end of May if PAG has completed its timeline for the Pre stage 8 group. I was at V270 at the time of the stop sale. What these people told me is that for the Stage 8 group the last engine and delivery of the car should be the end of September. They then told me (and said not an exact date) to expect my car to arrive in October or November as a 2014. I did say if it does not come with snow tires you can deliver it to where I store my other sports cars for the winter and will not start or drive the car until May of 2015. I asked them to consider giving me 12 months of compensation from the original date of delivery which was May 2nd to when I can actually drive the car. That response was silent which i expected.

I will likely by the car and then within minutes sell it back to my dealer to get the compensation. I don't want a year old car that will then sit in storage for 6 months until I can use it.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:00 AM
az audi
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
az audi. Let me add some clarification. As I was told by these two individuals (COO and head of customer service for PNA) the people that are being called now are those that the car was at stage 8 or V300 or later i.e. completed, at ports or delivered. All cars in production at the time of stop sale which would have been before stage 8 will get calls starting at the end of May if PAG has completed its timeline for the Pre stage 8 group. I was at V270 at the time of the stop sale. What these people told me is that for the Stage 8 group the last engine and delivery of the car should be the end of September. They then told me (and said not an exact date) to expect my car to arrive in October or November as a 2014. I did say if it does not come with snow tires you can deliver it to where I store my other sports cars for the winter and will not start or drive the car until May of 2015. I asked them to consider giving me 12 months of compensation from the original date of delivery which was May 2nd to when I can actually drive the car. That response was silent which i expected.

I will likely by the car and then within minutes sell it back to my dealer to get the compensation. I don't want a year old car that will then sit in storage for 6 months until I can use it.
Unfortunately, I think you are probably right, I am just sharing what I was told today. My expectations are low at this point.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:33 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,688 Likes on 785 Posts

Originally Posted by az audi
Unfortunately, I My expectations are low at this point.
No kidding....

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?