Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 11:21 AM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fadi1
Common guys enough bad blood...the car is great and all the reviews prove that. There is also a reason why the majority of those who have one delivered, waiting at port or in production are still hanging on. For the performance and thrill it provides it's a bargain. Let's not forget that
I'm glad that a car that I am paying 150k is winning awards. If I didn't think it was a great car, I wouldn't buy it.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:46 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

I wonder if the Titanic won an award for World's Best Ocean Liner in 1912?

Would make about as much sense. . .
Old 04-18-2014, 11:58 AM
TomTom77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mqandil
I can't believe this. This is truly shameful. They should be embarrassed accepting the award. Mark
I can only guess that engine reliability wasn't one of the criteria?
Old 04-18-2014, 12:09 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
25k easy miles on the loaner is never a problem. My loaner had only 1000 interesting miles on it despite the all season tires.
I tried my best to remove all the evidence of such miles, but as you can see from picture below, traces were still left showing 7777 (my lucky number which belongs to my GT3). If It was not for the GT3, I would not have been able to sample the family beast in such manner
GO GO GO With all the delays you might have time to reach 50K miles.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:20 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 106 Posts

I suspect the car will perform better with the updated improved engine.

I am puzzled. Why do present owners and buyers waiting for their car to be delivered want Porsche to reject the award? No doubt the engine replacement issue could have been handled better but to trash your car doesn't make any sense to me.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:24 PM
Fadi1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick

I am puzzled. Why do present owners and buyers waiting for their car to be delivered want Porsche to reject the award? No doubt the engine replacement issue could have been handled better but to trash your car doesn't make any sense to me.
Agree
Old 04-18-2014, 12:41 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 328 Likes on 165 Posts

I think the lack of info from PAG and PCNA and our Dealers is making us all crazy. The forum is an outlet for (basically) this LACK of REAL info. I can't get any concrete info (dates, etc) from ANYBODY....I don't think anybody can. While VERY frustrating, I really believe that as soon as Porsche knows, WE will know. I'm sure that if they had a new, firm devilry date for my car, they would tell me. I don't buy into any of the conspiracy theories. They didn't want this any more than we do.....

Old 04-18-2014, 12:42 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Agree with that.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:55 PM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Guy's, I'm not in the fortunate position you're in of having a 991 GT3 on order.
I can imagine though how frustrated you are with Porsche and the way this is being handled.
Prior to this issue coming to light, you all read the reviews and placed your orders because this is a fantastic car.
So, why should Porsche reject the award, why should the car have been excluded from the awards etc etc.
It's a great car, it deserved to win.
Best of luck to all of you who are waiting for your new toys to be delivered, I hope PCA / PAG look after you and the cars arrive sooner than later after all, who would want to take delivery of a new GT3 in the Autumn - Winter period unless you live in Sunny climbs.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:02 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,466 Likes on 765 Posts

Okay - got the call from Ian. Car at Port so I get the extended warranty and $2000 per month which began on 3/14. Now, as I mentioned before I lose a tax credit of $9600 in a week. They will let me know shortly about covering that because this would be treated as a one-off scenario, he conveyed. In my case the "stop sale" had a direct impact on my financial situation. I guess there are those asking for things that if there were not a "stop sale" it still would not of made a difference. He did mentioned that engines will be air freighted. At this point he said more cost-effective. of course, every thing come down to dollars - imagine that.

Afterwards, I took the loaner up to the Dealer to get washed. I then had the priviledge( which I was granted permission from some one on this forum) to here the Sharkwerks muffler bypass on his GT3. You got to be kidding me. I am sold. The GT3 sound like a Beast. It is not pretty like a Ferrari but nasty like an untamed beast. I had the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. And just yesterday my back-up plan( different car) had my offer accepted and I told them I will give my definitive answer on Monday. Not going to happen. I got my mojo back and "I WANT MY GT3".
Old 04-18-2014, 01:14 PM
steveyin
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Clocked
Steveyin. I would suggest you ask Ian or call your dealer today and ask for an update. Your info says your car should be at the port. Can you post what you find out? Several of us are in the same position and getting different answers.
Thanks for the suggestion Clocked. I have decided not to take the GT3 and have already informed my dealer. They will still take delivery of the car and will sell it to others. I was offered their first 2015 spot, but that was still too late for me. I have decied to go for a 997 Cup instead and drove it last weekend. What a great car!
Attached Images  
Old 04-18-2014, 01:21 PM
YOCOHO
Racer

Originally Posted by Cyrek
I wonder why these don't match? What the hell is "CT-Assembly"
This is great where did you get this?
Thanks,
Jerry
Old 04-18-2014, 01:23 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 106 Posts

. And just yesterday my back-up plan( different car) had my offer accepted and I told them I will give my definitive answer on Monday. Not going to happen. I got my mojo back and "I WANT MY GT3".[/QUOTE]

Good decision!
Old 04-18-2014, 01:26 PM
YOCOHO
Racer

Originally Posted by steveyin
Thanks for the suggestion Clocked. I have decided not to take the GT3 and have already informed my dealer. They will still take delivery of the car and will sell it to others. I was offered their first 2015 spot, but that was still too late for me. I have decied to go for a 997 Cup instead and drove it last weekend. What a great car!
I've been thinking the same thing!
Old 04-18-2014, 01:53 PM
Fadi1
Pro

. And just yesterday my back-up plan( different car) had my offer accepted and I told them I will give my definitive answer on Monday. Not going to happen. I got my mojo back and "I WANT MY GT3".
Good decision![/QUOTE]
Absolutely!!in a couple of months we all be posting pictures of our GT3s. Cheers!!!

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?