Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Video of starting RS is back:

Old 03-25-2015, 07:51 AM
Joe731
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dealer Markup

Guys,

I posted earlier about my dealer wanting $30k on top of MSRP as a premium for this car. I put my deposit down in November 2013 and have waited a long time for this car (#1 on dealer's list), but I am not inclined to pay this premium, and I could use your help.

Social media is a powerful tool for consumers, and what I ask is that you either PM me or post here the name of your dealer if you are getting a car at MSRP. I would like to tell this dealer the names of some other dealerships that are not taking this tact and feel that having the names of other dealerships that have decided the long-term value of the customer is more valuable to them than making extra margin on this car would be helpful.

Second, as I suspect this argument will fall on deaf ears, I need to find another dealership in the New York Metro area (within 200 miles) where I can put a new deposit down in hopes that future allocations will come through and I can get a car at MSRP.

This is so disappointing that i am beside myself. I have two Porsches now and got up at 5:30am to watch the live stream of the Geneva announcement because that's how much I wanted this car. To add insult to injury, the Sales Manager I spoke with two months ago (stopped in regularly) told me that other dealers might do this, but that they would not because the value the customer relationship. Unfortunately for me, that Sales Manager is "not longer working at the dealership."

Any help you can be here would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:08 AM
Tryptomine
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys anyone know , will the back window will be made from glass or plastic ?
Also my dealer told me that back small windows can later be changed to plastic like on gt3r cars
Old 03-25-2015, 08:11 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Originally Posted by Tryptomine
Guys anyone know , will the back window will be made from glass or plastic ?
Also my dealer told me that back small windows can later be changed to plastic like on gt3r cars
In the US I think it is glass and in Europe I believe it is Lexan (Plastic).

I don not know about Russia...
Old 03-25-2015, 11:03 AM
trev0006
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Lava Orange Porsche 991 GT3 RS In The Wild

From the article:
This splashy paint costs an extra €2,653 and for the same amount of money the 911 GT3 RS can receive an Ultraviolet paint while silver and metallic hues are available without any additional costs. Regardless of paint choice, all cars are getting gray 20-inch front & 21-inch rear alloy wheels optionally available with a silver (€238) or a satin black finish (€577).

6 pictures in the gallery

Old 03-25-2015, 11:46 AM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 111 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe731
Guys,

I posted earlier about my dealer wanting $30k on top of MSRP as a premium for this car. I put my deposit down in November 2013 and have waited a long time for this car (#1 on dealer's list), but I am not inclined to pay this premium, and I could use your help.

Social media is a powerful tool for consumers, and what I ask is that you either PM me or post here the name of your dealer if you are getting a car at MSRP. I would like to tell this dealer the names of some other dealerships that are not taking this tact and feel that having the names of other dealerships that have decided the long-term value of the customer is more valuable to them than making extra margin on this car would be helpful.

Second, as I suspect this argument will fall on deaf ears, I need to find another dealership in the New York Metro area (within 200 miles) where I can put a new deposit down in hopes that future allocations will come through and I can get a car at MSRP.

This is so disappointing that i am beside myself. I have two Porsches now and got up at 5:30am to watch the live stream of the Geneva announcement because that's how much I wanted this car. To add insult to injury, the Sales Manager I spoke with two months ago (stopped in regularly) told me that other dealers might do this, but that they would not because the value the customer relationship. Unfortunately for me, that Sales Manager is "not longer working at the dealership."

Any help you can be here would be greatly appreciated.
Joe. I am in the same boat as you so don't feel bad. Its just a car. I have a deposit on the 4th allocation of one large dealer and another one for the 1st allocation of another large dealer. The first dealer called me on Friday telling me that he only got 3 cars when in fact I know he did receive 5. When I pressed him on that, he told me that the other ones went to VIP customers. I guess the VIP customers are defined as the ones paying $30K over sticker. The second dealer which I have their first allocation tells me he hasn't got his allocation yet. I really don't trust him either. I think I am done buying new Porsches. There are other makes and models which deliver the same if not more of performance. Maybe they won't retain their value long run like a GT3RS but who cares. I can afford the hit. I wouldn't get all upset losing out on this car. Just my 2 cents and good luck.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:55 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe731
Email the CEO of PCNA. In a very brief email, lay out that you own two Porsches now, are extremely passionate about the brand, did everything right by putting down a deposit two years ago, and now you've been dissappinted by this negative experience with the dealer.

I suspect one of two things will happen. 1. Porsche will show you their appreciation for your business and you'll get your RS; or 2. They'll infuriate you to the point that you won't want an RS. In my personal experience, Porsche did the former which is why I'm on my fourth Porsche and hope to add many more to the list.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:10 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Just 9 more pages to 500!
Old 03-26-2015, 07:40 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by poofyo101
Hope so. I did request PTS also. Any idea how many allocations were released the first wave?
If you assume an average of 2 per dealer in the US at 200 dealers + 225 918 customer cars, you're at 625. I had been told 725 would be the number by a dealer I trust, so it might already be at 725 in the first wave.

It is possible that this is the only set of allocations, or we get another set of similar size to the first, which takes you up to about 1,000 to 1,225 cars. A second set seems to make the most sense imo.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:47 AM
SHAG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many more allocations would be needed in US to fulfill the demand of us in this thread?
Porsche, we need more!
Old 03-26-2015, 09:55 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Orange Orange or Lava Orange?

Old 03-26-2015, 10:41 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Looks like Lava and looks great in that photo.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:43 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,645 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
Orange Orange or Lava Orange?

In some pictures like this one it looks great...
Old 03-26-2015, 10:52 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

I'm not sure if I'm right, but I think that in all pictures of GT3RS's in the wild, they are using Xenon lights, not the LEDs.

Wonder why.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:04 AM
Four Liter
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you're correct on the lights - not sure why either , but I have my configuration done with xenons in black anyway .

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread