Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Consolidated 991RS thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014 | 01:25 AM
az audi
Racer

Originally Posted by Dan39

I think we can count on the Porsche engineers doing 'the math' - what worries me is the marketing department.
So true. I would assume, hope, that the marketing department has little to do with the RS. It will sell itself.
Old 11-14-2014 | 03:46 AM
kaution321
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LitRbl
I'm the same as you Bob mine was placed that long ago and my contract States June delivery I doubt we will get to spec before March but dealers should have the brochure just before Geneva.
You guys are looking at a March/April build. So you would the spec sheets should be coming out any day now to give gt3 buyers a chance to go over the options.
Old 11-14-2014 | 05:28 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kaution321
You guys are looking at a March/April build. So you would the spec sheets should be coming out any day now to give gt3 buyers a chance to go over the options.
I suspect they will make fanfare of the 991 GT3RS when it arrives to rebuilt lost confidence with the GT brand and enthusiasts after the 991 GT3 "fiasco". This will mean Geneva 2015. The dealers will not receive the marketing bulletin until two weeks before the show opens to the public and it will be under embargo until the first press day. Thats how it was with the 991 GT3 (I received the embargo'd press pack) and thats how I am told it is with every product launch of such nature.

My big question is "when will production start". Realistically dealers need pricing and allocations. They can not sell cars till they have the price and options and they cannot book allocations until the PIWSIS system allows them order entry which will not be until the first press day of the show. So early March then.

The soonest I can personally see any units for customers rolling off the production line is April/May. PAG have a JIT system to initiate and painting bumpers and wet laying CF bucket seats takes time (for third party suppliers).

All IMO of course :-)
Old 11-14-2014 | 06:29 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

I was told sales would start June in the US following the Vegas event, so given the usual delivery time March build locks makes sense. This is assuming that "sales" follows the PCNA definition of car delivered, I hope it doesn't mean the car can start to be configured....

But this was also before they had to push back people's GT3s with Buckets. Given I expect those to be the RoW buckets as well, I wouldn't be surprised if delivery velocity is slowed down or potentially pushed to catch back up.
Old 11-14-2014 | 06:38 AM
LitRbl
Instructor

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I was told sales would start June in the US following the Vegas event, so given the usual delivery time March build locks makes sense. This is assuming that "sales" follows the PCNA definition of car delivered, I hope it doesn't mean the car can start to be configured....

But this was also before they had to push back people's GT3s with Buckets. Given I expect those to be the RoW buckets as well, I wouldn't be surprised if delivery velocity is slowed down or potentially pushed to catch back up.
By 'buckets' do you mean the bucket seat option or the 918 Spyder seat option? The 918 Spyder seat is standard fit in the 991 RS.
Old 11-14-2014 | 06:39 AM
SuperDarius
Racer

Originally Posted by Macca
I suspect they will make fanfare of the 991 GT3RS when it arrives to rebuilt lost confidence with the GT brand and enthusiasts after the 991 GT3 "fiasco". This will mean Geneva 2015. The dealers will not receive the marketing bulletin until two weeks before the show opens to the public and it will be under embargo until the first press day. Thats how it was with the 991 GT3 (I received the embargo'd press pack) and thats how I am told it is with every product launch of such nature.

My big question is "when will production start". Realistically dealers need pricing and allocations. They can not sell cars till they have the price and options and they cannot book allocations until the PIWSIS system allows them order entry which will not be until the first press day of the show. So early March then.

The soonest I can personally see any units for customers rolling off the production line is April/May. PAG have a JIT system to initiate and painting bumpers and wet laying CF bucket seats takes time (for third party suppliers).

All IMO of course :-)
Macca,really i don't know what to think

My source tell me launch in Geneva deliveries start early summer...yesterday another source tell me first delivery in Italy planned for July,another one tell launch at Frankfurt in September,delivery starting from Year 2016

I hope for Geneva,where from the first source told there will be the RS and also the Cayman GT4(380hp)

Now i'm really "lost",every time i hear something about the RS,i hear also some delay in the introduction,and after more than one year that i sold the last Porsche i have at home, it starts to be really heavy to wait...

At least after a press release we can count the right time till the car will be here,in this way instead there is nothing sure.

I still hope latest the next month to see the press release.
Old 11-14-2014 | 07:54 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

By 'buckets' do you mean the bucket seat option or the 918 Spyder seat option? The 918 Spyder seat is standard fit in the 991 RS.
Yes, 918 Spyder seats. I was one of the lucky ones with my GT3 on the boat now with them, but the backlog is having some people pushed out 3 months.

Not sure if this means RS deliveries get pushed yet again.
Old 11-14-2014 | 08:30 AM
LitRbl
Instructor

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Yes, 918 Spyder seats. I was one of the lucky ones with my GT3 on the boat now with them, but the backlog is having some people pushed out 3 months.

Not sure if this means RS deliveries get pushed yet again.
Thanks Some of us have waited over two years already... 3.5 months until Geneva doesn't seem long. If it's another 6 months after that I guess it doesn't matter anymore - because at least I would know for sure whether I am getting one 100% and if not I can go find something else!
Old 11-14-2014 | 08:35 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Thanks Some of us have waited over two years already... 3.5 months until Geneva doesn't seem long. If it's another 6 months after that I guess it doesn't matter anymore - because at least I would know for sure whether I am getting one 100% and if not I can go find something else!
if you live to 80 then on that basis 4% of your total life and 5% of your adult life would have been spent waiting for your 991 GT3RS. Its too much no? Some of us will have had the 991 GT3 almost 2 years by that time I guess!
Old 11-14-2014 | 08:48 AM
LitRbl
Instructor

if you live to 80 then on that basis 4% of your total life and 5% of your adult life would have been spent waiting for your 991 GT3RS. Its too much no? Some of us will have had the 991 GT3 almost 2 years by that time I guess!
LOL thanks Macca... I am still enjoying my Boxster RS60 Spyder and AMG so it's not too great a hardship. Still I always wanted an RS and have used your inofrmative posts to imagine how great a driver's car it will be...
Old 11-14-2014 | 08:58 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

I don't know how long I've waited, but it's probably only 18 months or so. I've done a 981 3.8L Cayman track car and the GT3 to hold me over...

I just want them to announce it so I can make up my mind if I should get an Arkapovic Exhaust for the GT3 or not. Hoping it will work with the RS which makes the purchase a little more sensible. Also need to figure out wheel purchases.
Old 11-14-2014 | 08:59 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

LOL thanks Macca... I am still enjoying my Boxster RS60 Spyder and AMG so it's not too great a hardship. Still I always wanted an RS and have used your inofrmative posts to imagine how great a driver's car it will be...
Thanks mate.

Personally I think it will be worth the wait. It will be quite a fantastic car visually and performance wise. I suspect the greatest "current" production drivers car today (exclude the $1MM 918, P1 etc)! The only real contender to the 458 Speciale and the only car that could possibly sway me from the 458 Sp.

My guess is it could during your ownership of it (lets say 12% of your adult life - based on the tenure of your RS60 Boxster) increase your quality of life by over 50% - which out-weights the 5% of your adult life you waited for it.

Its a win win anyway you look at it!
Old 11-14-2014 | 10:39 AM
LitRbl
Instructor

Thanks mate.

Personally I think it will be worth the wait. It will be quite a fantastic car visually and performance wise. I suspect the greatest "current" production drivers car today (exclude the $1MM 918, P1 etc)! The only real contender to the 458 Speciale and the only car that could possibly sway me from the 458 Sp.

My guess is it could during your ownership of it (lets say 12% of your adult life - based on the tenure of your RS60 Boxster) increase your quality of life by over 50% - which out-weights the 5% of your adult life you waited for it.

Its a win win anyway you look at it!
Thanks Macca... I had the RS60 over 5 years and every drive is as fun as the first one - best thing I ever bought! If the RS happens then I am sure it will be amazing, otherwise I'll just settle for the toy version and maybe look at something like the new 981 Spyder. Let's see what happens...
Old 11-14-2014 | 05:07 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Big rear spoiler.
Its very rough and hardcore, specially the PDK-S only programming. The RS bangs gears insanely hard. Very easy to drive much faster than 997RS.

The promo intro color will be non metallic orange but a deeper darker orange than the .1RS. Its a 4 liter car. 20" front and 21" rear wheels, the rears are 345.
Big air intakes in the side only, nothing behind the rear window, just like a Turbo. Very wide ***, wider than TT and the front fenders don't have the clip-on extenders but are real wider finders. 275? But that is my guess.
Originally Posted by SuperDarius
front hood,roof and if i remember well doors,in lightweight materials
20" wheels in front
21" wheels rear
Orange launch colour
carbon rear wing
25 mm wider front wheels arches
Turbo body
500/520HP
470 Nm
4.0 L "new engine"
50% increased traction respect 997RS 4.0
192.000 Euro in Italy with VAT, around 10.000 Euro less than a Turbo S
Spring launch,late spring-early summer deliveries,at today,but maybe it can go better(i hope)
Good stuff SuperDarius. And hats off to Trakcar for nailing the 4.0L motor back in January.

Originally Posted by SuperDarius
No RWS...
Old news but nice to see a few others confirming.

Last edited by Nizer; 11-15-2014 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-15-2014 | 09:13 AM
pmpsch
Instructor

Can someone please help me understand where the 50% increased traction over the 4.0 would come from? The hp and torque figure are similar (500 and 460 for the 997). Tyres?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread