Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worth the wait?...Oh yeah!....Pics, comments, review

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 12:47 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Great looking gt3...really a perfect color for the 991 gt3!
Old 01-14-2014, 12:48 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,192 Likes on 590 Posts

Just measured mine, and it's the same hight - just a hair under 100mm to the splitter. The end result is that I cannot enter my garage straight even with lift on. Now I need to think about smoothing the grade change from the driveway to garage interior. So the short answer is that it's low.

Drove skyline boulevard today, and the good news it's not scraping there even with the lift of.

BTW, red stitching works very well with red interior, in my view. I'm glad I got it. Very excited with the car so far. The only possible regret is that I probably should have gotten the *** seats - the regular sport seats are too big for me. Well, time to start looking for buckets & harness bar.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:54 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
Mike.

I'm so happy for you. As the keeper of the flame of all things righteous in GT3 land, you and macca have risen above. Looking forward to your (different) perspective of how the new metal meets your expectations especially after the initial euphoria of banging a supermodel wears off.
lol! Supermodels are great, but getting strippers to follow you home is something else again. For that you need a painted key!
Old 01-14-2014, 12:57 AM
llstuey
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats mike - car looks great. Can't wait to hear your reviews.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:04 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
Just measure my 0.2 and I get 3 15/16.
Originally Posted by FLM911
Looks great - welcome to the club. See you've got The break in done then

NorCal? Looks like Marin.
silverrules, you'll have to take it up with 911rox. He measured 107mm which is a shade under 4 1/4". (I'm pretty sure he has a .2) 'Course he's in Australia and I think gravity works differently down under.

FLM911, a little further North in the Wine Country; Sonoma.....

Again, can't respond to all the kind words, but thanks to all. Macca and SamFromTx are hard acts to follow but hopefully I can bring some feedback of interest to the table.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:10 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Mike, buddy, BIG congrats! You have been the gentleman of the forum form the day it started, always taking a level headed approach and never loosing your cool even in the face of sometimes extreme adversity. You never wavered in your conviction to this car. You deserve this car and your passion for it runs as red as the gorgeous paintwork, I toast that you will have many splendid drives in her and mucho grandiose adventures!

Keep the faith!
Old 01-14-2014, 01:13 AM
TomTom77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations, Mike! In the end you received yours well before me... but you certainly deserve it, after having waited for 2 years!

Enjoy the GT3 in good health and use it the way it was intended!
Old 01-14-2014, 01:13 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

3 more months for me........doh!
Old 01-14-2014, 01:14 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

MaxTLV. Again big congratulations on your new stead. It looks a gem. They are low (I think there may be some small variances on 2-3mm based on fuel load) but Im sure you will work out how to adjust your driveway to make it all work. At the end of the day its just a bit of ployurethane, if you scrape it its not the end of the world (I got that out of my system in a French provincial underground carpark!). Again, enjoy in good health...
Old 01-14-2014, 01:19 AM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by thejudge
She's shockingly beautiful. Big congrats and enjoy in good health.
+1000 Mike - She's Gorgeous.

My ship finally arrived in Brunswick, 11 days later than scheduled - but who's counting???? LOL Next week will be VERY long for me.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:20 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
silverrules, you'll have to take it up with 911rox. He measured 107mm which is a shade under 4 1/4". (I'm pretty sure he has a .2) 'Course he's in Australia and I think gravity works differently down under.

FLM911, a little further North in the Wine Country; Sonoma.....

Again, can't respond to all the kind words, but thanks to all. Macca and SamFromTx are hard acts to follow but hopefully I can bring some feedback of interest to the table.
Its the effect of Kiwi's I could be wrong but he may still have the transport spaces jacking up the car like it was on my car.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:29 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Mike, congrats on the new arrival... Must admit that GR has really grown on my despite being a white car guy...

Regarding the ride height, it could be the aussie gravity keeping us less planted but I'd say it's more likely to be because I use front lift to get the car into the garage then let it down but the front suspension usually needs to hit a couple bumps for the springs to truly settle, just like when it's bounced after being jacked up and lowered for corner balancing... It definitely was reading as stated when I took the measurement...
Old 01-14-2014, 01:31 AM
jon@nolimits
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, I've been lurking in this section for a while and have one thing to say:

Damn.

Outstanding pictures. To my eye, your GT3 looks absolutely, bang-on perfect. This might be heresy to some, but I much prefer the styling of the 991 GT3 to nearly every other modern Porsche. Frankly, I am not the biggest fan of the styling of the standard 911's. But the GT3? What an incredible machine. So many little things add up to make the whole so much more special. I already forwarded your pics to several friends.

It really makes me smile to see someone so passionate finally get what they were waiting for. Congrats!
Old 01-14-2014, 01:31 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,622 Likes on 2,308 Posts

mike, car no good
I buy off u

CONGRATS!
Old 01-14-2014, 01:35 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911rox
Mike, congrats on the new arrival... Must admit that GR has really grown on my despite being a white car guy...

Regarding the ride height, it could be the aussie gravity keeping us less planted but I'd say it's more likely to be because I use front lift to get the car into the garage then let it down but the front suspension usually needs to hit a couple bumps for the springs to truly settle, just like when it's bounced after being jacked up and lowered for corner balancing... It definitely was reading as stated when I took the measurement...
Excellent point. makes sense. Could explain why I thought some press pictures of the GT3 with lift looked higher than those without....I think having a dead level floor can make a 2 mm difference form experience setting up the 993 ride height...

Quick Reply: Worth the wait?...Oh yeah!....Pics, comments, review