Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014 | 04:41 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
No word about the other stuff, but the $180K base price has been confirmed by someone who I trust is in a position to know. Just sayin'......
If that is the case " doubt it based on past pricing" it will significantly change the demographics of ownership, so there will be many RS allocations to choose from, & the GT3 will become the choice for track goers, self included. The RS will be seen at C&C events next to F cars. Afterall, how many will track a 200 k+ car that will outdo the GT3 by "not much", and not buy a Cup instead, for another 40 grand you get a whole lotta machine compared to any street legal car ...I think that the RS will be a few $ shy of 150, my 2 cents.
Old 01-06-2014 | 04:41 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
No word about the other stuff, but the $180K base price has been confirmed by someone who I trust is in a position to know. Just sayin'......
Please share other details that he knows about the car
Old 01-06-2014 | 06:46 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
Please share other details that he knows about the car
The price and the month of the first deliveries were shared with me, nothing else. I posted the price because it's also been reported by other sources. The date has not so sorry, I have to honor the confidentiality of my source.
Old 01-07-2014 | 04:51 AM
amdevo
Instructor

4.0 500hp
magnesium compound something roof with 2 bubbles
an even larger rear wing
and the crazy colors are back
Old 01-07-2014 | 06:41 AM
SuperDarius
Racer

Hallo guys

I'm the one who post some info on RennTeam times ago about the RS.
I've a deposit down at my dealer in Italy,and i hope to have the car for June/July of ths year.

The base price in Italy,confirmed ALSO from my delaer, will be NOT over 180K Euros tax enclosed(22%VAT)

And here the rumor i posted times ago,confirmed from two different sources

4.0L
500HP
PDK
NO RWS (due racing homologation)
Magnesium roof
20" wheels in front, 21" rear
Turbo body
Turbo air intakes
other lighter parts

A tyres tester who tried the car a months ago,tell me PDK seems like the standard GT3 one,but the gears seems longer and the car faster,he don't know if is due engine displacement,the 21" on the rear,or other due is all secret,he must drive the car and stop...but he tell sure is faster then the GT3.

Hope what i write is all true...at least is what some usually good sources tell me.
Old 01-07-2014 | 09:30 AM
RINGMEISTER27
Racer

Originally Posted by SuperDarius
Hallo guys I'm the one who post some info on RennTeam times ago about the RS. I've a deposit down at my dealer in Italy,and i hope to have the car for June/July of ths year. The base price in Italy,confirmed ALSO from my delaer, will be NOT over 180K Euros tax enclosed(22%VAT) And here the rumor i posted times ago,confirmed from two different sources 4.0L 500HP PDK NO RWS (due racing homologation) Magnesium roof 20" wheels in front, 21" rear Turbo body Turbo air intakes other lighter parts A tyres tester who tried the car a months ago,tell me PDK seems like the standard GT3 one,but the gears seems longer and the car faster,he don't know if is due engine displacement,the 21" on the rear,or other due is all secret,he must drive the car and stop...but he tell sure is faster then the GT3. Hope what i write is all true...at least is what some usually good sources tell me.
I can't feel my face!!!
Old 01-07-2014 | 09:50 AM
Dan39
Racer

Originally Posted by SuperDarius
Hallo guys

I'm the one who post some info on RennTeam times ago about the RS.
I've a deposit down at my dealer in Italy,and i hope to have the car for June/July of ths year.

The base price in Italy,confirmed ALSO from my delaer, will be NOT over 180K Euros tax enclosed(22%VAT)

And here the rumor i posted times ago,confirmed from two different sources

4.0L
500HP
PDK
NO RWS (due racing homologation)
Magnesium roof
20" wheels in front, 21" rear
Turbo body
Turbo air intakes
other lighter parts

A tyres tester who tried the car a months ago,tell me PDK seems like the standard GT3 one,but the gears seems longer and the car faster,he don't know if is due engine displacement,the 21" on the rear,or other due is all secret,he must drive the car and stop...but he tell sure is faster then the GT3.

Hope what i write is all true...at least is what some usually good sources tell me.
Hard to imagine this being much faster. Weren't we told that the RWS was equivalent to 50hp or was it 75? That would more than make up for the smaller engine. With the wider shell mitigating the use of lighter materials somewhat I doubt they find truly significant weight savings. So basically you get wilder looks/C&C bling for $50k.

And 21 inch wheels at the back - my God, the 20 inch wheels are already a problem re track tires!

For exactly the same money, I would have to think long and hard about whether I would take this over the standard 3. For $50k it's a joke.
Old 01-07-2014 | 09:57 AM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

what is the Euro price (w/ VAT) for the GT3 in Italy?
Old 01-07-2014 | 10:03 AM
tmg57
Racer

Originally Posted by GTEE3
what is the Euro price (w/ VAT) for the GT3 in Italy?
141,766 euro
Old 01-07-2014 | 10:04 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

Porsche is able to test price points all over the world and is easily able to do supply/demand calculations to determine what price they can charge. In 2007, the MSRP on my GT3 was $162k when the same exact car in the USA was selling for $25k less. If anything, Canadians pay higher income taxes and consumption taxes so our disposable income is lower than the USA, and yet we had to fight to have the chance to buy a GT3. Porsche knows this and they will continue to price the cars higher and higher.
Old 01-07-2014 | 04:21 PM
mgent
Rennlist Member

Turbo vs Turbo S = +$30k
Turbo Cab vs Turbo S Cab = +$30k

For performance + exclusivity, why not Gt3 vs Gt3RS = +$40k/$50k?
Old 01-07-2014 | 04:55 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

The way I look at it, it's going to take some fairly extraordinary measures to make the RS meaningfully more competent and exciting than the GT3, and that translates into cost. Also, the GT3 has been widely called a bargain, which means it's probably somewhat underpriced for what it is. These are reasons why I think the price difference between the GT3 and RS will be greater than it has been in the past, and why the $40-50K premium is a good possibility.
Old 01-07-2014 | 05:01 PM
tmg57
Racer

Then there's the issue of demand vs. supply. I've heard that there won't be that many and they will be hard to get, particularly with 918 buyers getting first dibs. Of course, if those guys take the allocations with the intention of flipping them, the secondary market may be active.
Old 01-07-2014 | 05:29 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Originally Posted by tmg57
Then there's the issue of demand vs. supply. I've heard that there won't be that many and they will be hard to get, particularly with 918 buyers getting first dibs. Of course, if those guys take the allocations with the intention of flipping them, the secondary market may be active.
My local dealer is only getting two cars, and I know there are more real buyers than that.
Old 01-07-2014 | 06:10 PM
martijnvan
Intermediate

I heard they will for sure introduce RS during Geneva Int'l Motor Show.

Quick Reply: GT3RS