Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How are you going to drive your PDK GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 04:03 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

I intend to drive it with one hand on the wheel, the other out the window flashing gang signs, the rear tires up in smoke, and the whole car sideways all the time drifting everywhere I go in auto mode...

Realistically, I see a mix of both manual mode and auto mode.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:32 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 48 Posts

If you guys need a challenge, and feel the GT3 w/PDK in Auto isn't involving enough, now that you have your clutch foot free, try using that left foot for braking. It will surprise you just how much practice that
will take to teach your left foot muscles the modulation nuances your right foot learned so long ago. If you are after the fastest way around a track, that is, IMHO, the best way to do it. Simultaneous control of throttle and brake opens a whole new dimension in controlling your car around the track and I can guarantee you, you will not get bored doing it-EVER!!!! Just make sure to practice it on the street first
until you teach both feet to get the timing and modulation perfect. That will take a while!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 07:00 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,800 Likes on 2,376 Posts

Originally Posted by FastLaneTurbo
If you guys need a challenge, and feel the GT3 w/PDK in Auto isn't involving enough, now that you have your clutch foot free, try using that left foot for braking. It will surprise you just how much practice that
will take to teach your left foot muscles the modulation nuances your right foot learned so long ago. If you are after the fastest way around a track, that is, IMHO, the best way to do it. Simultaneous control of throttle and brake opens a whole new dimension in controlling your car around the track and I can guarantee you, you will not get bored doing it-EVER!!!! Just make sure to practice it on the street first
until you teach both feet to get the timing and modulation perfect. That will take a while!!!
right on. watch walter rohr video in rally cars and see his tap dacing...
Old 11-06-2013, 08:46 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have been driving auto tranny car daily with left foot braking for the last 20 years.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:59 AM
ricster
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will become a poser/tea party crowd car. "Look at my car" "Look how it sounds" "vroom, vroom" then once the newest latest comes out it will be sold. Just my take.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:55 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Amazing, nobody has even driven one or sat in the damn thing, and it is a poser car. Well this is the internet so it must be true!
Old 11-08-2013, 01:12 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Amazing, nobody has even driven one or sat in the damn thing, and it is a poser car. Well this is the internet so it must be true!
I don't 'think' anyone is saying the new car is a poser. I think many are asserting that the new car will attract many posers. There is a difference.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 144 Likes on 77 Posts

My take is that posers are more typically showroom impulse buyers. Given the response from enthusiasts, and the fact that if you didn't plan ahead and get your name on a list for one of these cars, you're likely not to get one, not many will find their way into the hands of "posers" in the first place.

We've been hearing the poser BS ever since the beginning with this car. Along with the 95% of other negative predictions that were made, it will prove to be wrong.....
Old 11-08-2013, 06:03 PM
rennlist2
3rd Gear

can any of you guys who will get new gt3 record short pov video like this one changing gears with center lever,thx
Old 11-08-2013, 08:23 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by rennlist2
can any of you guys who will get new gt3 record short pov video like this one changing gears with center lever,thx
Why? What are you hoping to see?
Old 11-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ricster
It will become a poser/tea party crowd car. "Look at my car" "Look how it sounds" "vroom, vroom" then once the newest latest comes out it will be sold. Just my take.
This comment has been bothering me since it was posted. I'm curious to know just who is the poseur, the vast majority of the GT3 crowd are pretty serious drivers. I can see some others buying the car because of its technical excellence and to enjoy the look, sound and performance without ever taking it onto a race track. Race track driving isn't for everyone and I applaud anyone who is in the position to buy one of these fabulous automobiles and enjoy it, whether on the track or in their garage.
I think the poseur is the person that slags those that have stepped forward and put their money where their enthusiasm lies.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:22 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Leigh2
This comment has been bothering me since it was posted. I'm curious to know just who is the poseur, the vast majority of the GT3 crowd are pretty serious drivers. I can see some others buying the car because of its technical excellence and to enjoy the look, sound and performance without ever taking it onto a race track. Race track driving isn't for everyone and I applaud anyone who is in the position to buy one of these fabulous automobiles and enjoy it, whether on the track or in their garage.
I think the poseur is the person that slags those that have stepped forward and put their money where their enthusiasm lies.
My bet this is from a troll. Seams to be 3 groups that comment negatively regarding PDK: 1: do not want it but to each their own 2: trolls 3: those that have GT3s and use the approach of " if you do not agree with me you must not be a real driver". Trolls do it for sport.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:04 AM
991GT3
Instructor

Why would you buy this car to just 'pose' with it? It actually drives REALLY good. All the reviews have been excellent! I have not driven it yet but I believe the people who did.
In my opinion a 'poser car' is more of an extremely expensive ride which is just too boring to be true. THIS car IMHO isn't one of those.
Personally I think if a 'poser' buys this car, he made the wrong choice to 'just pose'.

What is a 'poser car' anyway? A terrible driving car which is expensive? Is that what you mean? Or just an extremely good car which is in the hands of a guy you can't stand and he is enjoying too much for you own good?

For me there is actually no such thing.. Strange maybe, but true.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:13 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 144 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by 991GT3
Why would you buy this car to just 'pose' with it? It actually drives REALLY good. All the reviews have been excellent! I have not driven it yet but I believe the people who did.
In my opinion a 'poser car' is more of an extremely expensive ride which is just too boring to be true. THIS car IMHO isn't one of those.
Personally I think if a 'poser' buys this car, he made the wrong choice to 'just pose'.

What is a 'poser car' anyway? A terrible driving car which is expensive? Is that what you mean? Or just an extremely good car which is in the hands of a guy you can't stand and he is enjoying too much for you own good?

For me there is actually no such thing.. Strange maybe, but true.
The people who use the term poseur are attempting a clever put down. They're insinuating that people will buy the 991 GT3 to pretend that they are something they really aren't; in this case, a "real" enthusiast and/or a "real" driver, presumably like them. It's sad, and something you can get away with doing relatively anonymously on a web forum, but it's not likely anyone would risk saying something like that to your face.

Regardless of what motivates people to post stuff like that, it says far more about them than about any potential buyer.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:13 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

There is only one proper answer to the question in the OP's thread title...

FLAT OUT....

Quick Reply: How are you going to drive your PDK GT3?