Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How are you going to drive your PDK GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 10:13 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ricster
It will become a poser/tea party crowd car. "Look at my car" "Look how it sounds" "vroom, vroom" then once the newest latest comes out it will be sold. Just my take.
Reeeeally?? F*ckin hilarious...

Hey, very amusing though. Love reading internet babble.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:14 AM
Peterfirst
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
We've been hearing the poser BS ever since the beginning with this car. Along with the 95% of other negative predictions that were made, it will prove to be wrong.....
Hi Mike:

It will not prove to be not a poser - it IS NOT a poser

And I already drove it and found it addictive and I like that Porsche is sort of "low profile" compared to e.g. a Fiat or Lambo

Peter
Old 11-12-2013, 02:22 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,257 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by FastLaneTurbo
If you guys need a challenge, and feel the GT3 w/PDK in Auto isn't involving enough, now that you have your clutch foot free, try using that left foot for braking. It will surprise you just how much practice that
will take to teach your left foot muscles the modulation nuances your right foot learned so long ago. If you are after the fastest way around a track, that is, IMHO, the best way to do it. Simultaneous control of throttle and brake opens a whole new dimension in controlling your car around the track and I can guarantee you, you will not get bored doing it-EVER!!!! Just make sure to practice it on the street first
until you teach both feet to get the timing and modulation perfect. That will take a while!!!
That's my plan. I'm a believer, and I'm eager to learn. I tried left foot vs. normal braking on a sim, and it was a revelation, not even in how much faster I can be but in how much smoother and safer things become. Moments of rapid weight transfer where I would normally EXPECT that nothing goes wrong are smoothed out to the point that I KNOW PRECISELY that nothing will go wrong.

I tried full-time left-foot braking in my current M3, but it's pedals are so offset to the right that my back starts to bother me rather quickly. GT3 seems to have more centered pedals.

One concern I have though, is that left-foot threshold braking absolutely requires a 5-point harness. With both feet finessing the pedals, you really cannot be thrown forward and bracing yourself with knees. So I may need to wait for the bucket seat + harness conversion to fully switch.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:18 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,800 Likes on 2,376 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
i have been driving auto tranny car daily with left foot braking for the last 20 years.
i left foot brake a lot, but i also hit a lot of things b/c i can't stop with my left foot. all due to my go kart training. i hit things. stay out of my way pls. if you stay behind me during the race, it's pretty safe.

nothing wrong with not tracking the car. i know plenty enthusiasts who love the heritage. driving the damn thing at 10/10 isn't for everyone. but the car be happy. with coffee holder you wont spill coffee all over yourself like i do all the time in my RS.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 144 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i left foot brake a lot, but i also hit a lot of things b/c i can't stop with my left foot. all due to my go kart training. i hit things. stay out of my way pls. if you stay behind me during the race, it's pretty safe.

nothing wrong with not tracking the car. i know plenty enthusiasts who love the heritage. driving the damn thing at 10/10 isn't for everyone. but the car be happy. with coffee holder you wont spill coffee all over yourself like i do all the time in my RS.
a wise man with an open mind....

Quick Reply: How are you going to drive your PDK GT3?