Sponsored by:

GT3-NY Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 06:43 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
MJones has been with us for a long time. I've met him, he's a no-nonsense guy with a long Porsche history. If he has "word" on something I'd trust him over PCNA anyday and twice on Sunday (today).
Reter might have been referring to something I posted. But you are correct, Brian is a no-nonsense fellow and we have all benefited enormously from his contributions to this forum over the years! I am hoping PCNA hears his heartfelt request to allow Porsche's North American customers to order a DOT certified 'sport bucket seats' in our market for the 991 gt3, the 991 and the 981 ASAP!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 03-31-2013, 06:47 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
Mike I'm surprised you would engage in this kind of personal attack, it hasn't been your character to do so up to this post? Intelligent people can disagree and when things don't seem quite right, and they don't, curious people will ask questions. As they should. In my five year history of posting on RL I've never questioned anyone publicly before.

Respect is earned not given, in my case informed opinions carry a lot more weight then those offhandly thrown out by those who do not have first-hand experiences.

If my questioning thoughts provoke personal attack and defensive, derisive responses, then other readers can more objectively form an opinion about someones qualifications when they post.
savyboy, you wrote, "I am not accusing StirlingMoss of anything, because I know nothing about what the facts are about him/her/them. But I am saying what a lot of people have been thinking for a while."

I don't know StirlingMoss from Adam, but it just seemed to me an unfair thing to say about someone based on nothing but suspicion and the fact that he has a different POV about something than you do. It's as if I were to say, "I know nothing of the facts about savyboy, but people sure have been talking about him for a while". For someone who didn't know you very well, that could hardly fail to come off as anything but a negative comment.

Still, you're right, the McCarthy comment was out of character for me, not well thought out, and was over the line. I'm not afraid to admit when I make a mistake. Sorry, I made one.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:56 PM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
Of course we do take 'm Sir. I'm just calling a spade a spade.
Oh, wait a minute... : D

Love you guys, you make my time spent here worthwhile.

Porsche's great marketing machine has no chance in this forum. It never had.
OTOH, their engineers and R&D dpt will get a fair shot. That we can pretty much guarantee.
Bring the bloody car out already!
I don't buy the "Porsche didn't have time" argument...

If Porsche isn't going to (or can't) race "the 991 'GT3' package" for real, there's nothing stopping them from doing a stunt similar to what they did in 2010 when they ran the "minimally modded" street GT3RS for 24 hours at the Ring.

That would be a big step in the right direction.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:07 PM
mike2727
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
savyboy, you wrote, "I am not accusing StirlingMoss of anything, because I know nothing about what the facts are about him/her/them. But I am saying what a lot of people have been thinking for a while."

I don't know StirlingMoss from Adam, but it just seemed to me an unfair thing to say about someone based on nothing but suspicion and the fact that he has a different POV about something than you do. It's as if I were to say, "I know nothing of the facts about savyboy, but people sure have been talking about him for a while". For someone who didn't know you very well, that could hardly fail to come off as anything but a negative comment.

Still, you're right, the McCarthy comment was out of character for me, not well thought out, and was over the line. I'm not afraid to admit when I make a mistake. Sorry, I made one.

Sorry to chime in, but SM is IMO biased, which is fine, but calling multiple thread posters whiners (about the bucket seats), while valid arguments about the fail on the side of Porsche have been made, is again IMO uncalled for

Mike
Old 03-31-2013, 07:23 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,687 Likes on 2,336 Posts

this thread is too intellectual for me.
but I think I will try a porsche exclusive order
Old 03-31-2013, 07:30 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 360 Likes on 217 Posts

After spending a few good hours at the NY Auto Show and seeing the 991 GT3 in person,I can honestly say that it looks really good,much better than in the pictures. And that's all I'm going to say positive about it before I get accused of being a marketing guy... Those sport buckets look like they were made specifically for this car,they fit perfectly with the rest of the interior,I don't see any other seats that are needed for this car...I know it sucks they're not offered in the US... The rest is up in the air,how good the engine is,RWS,CLs etc....we'll have to wait for real reports from trusted journalists and owners,not from Porsche.
BTW,because I've seen this question somewhere,the tires are Dunlop Sport Maxx.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:33 PM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by neanicu
After spending a few good hours at the NY Auto Show and seeing the 991 GT3 in person,I can honestly say that it looks really good,much better than in the pictures. And that's all I'm going to say positive about it before I get accused of being a marketing guy... Those sport buckets look like they were made specifically for this car,they fit perfectly with the rest of the interior,I don't see any other seats that are needed for this car...I know it sucks they're not offered in the US... The rest is up in the air,how good the engine is,RWS,CLs etc....we'll have to wait for real reports from trusted journalists and owners,not from Porsche.

Sport Maxx or Sport Maxx Race?
Old 03-31-2013, 07:34 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
Thanks Blake. Well said!

Now on topic, we will start a House Committee on Un-GT3 Activities until we find all those hidden marketing fellows.
A Rennlist Blacklist !

I'll throw the first name. Carrera GT is surely a member of the Marketing Party. We need 9 more cited for the The Rennlist Ten.

PM if you must.
Yeah, CarreraGT is un-GT3 for sure, just look at his name, blacklist him. And Nizer, remember Nizer is a Brembo mole. Blacklist him too. And you have to blacklist me because I'm obviously a hater!

Follow-up edit: For those who don't understand some of the inside humor, that is a joke post, it is not serious. I know all the people involved

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Accepted. Let's move on

Originally Posted by mooty
this thread is too intellectual for me.
but I think I will try a porsche exclusive order
If you do, be sure to get it right! It Walrus. Walrus ***** leather. Not whale.

Last edited by savyboy; 03-31-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:39 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by stevecolletti
Sport Maxx or Sport Maxx Race?
I took a few more pictures but can't post them because my attachments space is full. I'll try to make them smaller when I get home and post.
I specifically took pictures of the tires and unless I've missed anything,they are Dunlop Sport Maxx,not Maxx Race.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:46 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Dunlop Sport Maxx??? Oh, crap! I thought they read 'Sport Marx' and I already reported Porsche to the 'House Un-American Activities' Committee in Congress and to the FBI. Let me call them back & tell them...'never mind'!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 03-31-2013, 07:46 PM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

I took a few more pictures but can't post them because my attachments space is full. I'll try to make them smaller when I get home and post.
I specifically took pictures of the tires and unless I've missed anything,they are Dunlop Sport Maxx,not Maxx Race.
Thanks, neanicu

According to the Tire Rack site, it looks like the sidewalls very clearly show "Race", if they are.

Tirerack is also showing them in a lot more Porsche-friendly sizes than just a couple of weeks ago. I'm anxious to hear how they perform.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:53 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,224 Likes on 603 Posts

Wow, if 991 GT3 is capable of sub-7:30 N'ring time on Sport Maxx (not Race), it must be really good. AFAIK, Sport Maxx are a mid-pack street summer tire, a bit slower than Michelin PSS and much slower than MPSC or Sport Maxx Race
Old 03-31-2013, 08:03 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by stevecolletti
Thanks, neanicu

According to the Tire Rack site, it looks like the sidewalls very clearly show "Race", if they are.

Tirerack is also showing them in a lot more Porsche-friendly sizes than just a couple of weeks ago. I'm anxious to hear how they perform.
I went back and looked at the pictures I took. I can't find '' Race '' on them anywhere,but you might be right and I've missed the '' Race '' ....

Last edited by neanicu; 08-31-2016 at 08:59 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:12 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I hope that StirlingMoss (Location: Switzerland) can understand the frustration that we here in North America by being denied Sport Bucket Seats!
His location can get them no problem....lucky dog
Old 03-31-2013, 09:04 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

I went back and looked at the pictures I took. I can't find '' Race '' on them anywhere,but you might be right and I've missed the '' Race '' ....
I don't know about the tires on the car at the NY show, but the tires on the car that was used as a prop in the Preuninger interview with EVO clearly show "Sport Maxx Race" at the 8:54 mark....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ECATvlRf3ls

Quick Reply: GT3-NY Auto Show