Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB/FS: 991.2 Touring GT3

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2024, 09:08 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 361 Posts

OP: Barring t he small bumper repair, this one should be it. Has nice CXX too.
The following users liked this post:
Larry Cable (02-19-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 09:21 PM
Mrrdstr
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 101 Posts

The seats alone are priceless 💰💰
Larry Cable (02-19-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 09:30 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 912 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheStrong
It's hard to see how you justify the 991.2 tourings getting past ~$220-240K, if even there, frankly, unless maybe super low miles, PTS, high MSRP build. It's a splendid car -- I know, I owned a 991.2 GT3 -- but there should be a healthy spread relative to the 992, which is a newer and, strictly in terms of driving capabilities, an objectively superior car. Some of the talk about $250K+ values seems misguided to me -- not far off what I just paid for a delivery-miles 992 GT3T that is a high MSRP build with all the goodies (PTS, LWBS, PCCB, etc.). Don't get me wrong, these are very nice cars, but they're not exactly limited production or special edition cars that have an investment angle, and there's a ton of new stuff that recently hit the market (e.g. GT3, GT3RS, SC) or is forthcoming (e.g. S/T) that isn't in small quantities, either.
You cant justify it. People in our generation/lifetime do stupid things and dont think. They’ll pay over for a house, watch, coat, and why not a GT3 touring? Its America, we love spending our money

Touring is a GT3 without a wing. It only costs more because of the hype and the cult following it driving up the prices. Most tourings have the dullest interiors with black stitching hardly anything contrasting interior with brushed aluminum trim, black 18 way seats, etc. I understand people want and like the understated and sleeper looks of a 911 with a GT3 engine but come on. Its still a GT3! And you spend all this money $60-70k over msrp and to 99% of the people its a dull looking 911.

The only justification I see perhaps is the massive inflation driven increase of porsche base prices in the last 4 years. Without inflation, GT3 would cost 10-12% less than what it does and perhaps that would have addressed some of the pricing on these cars. Vast majority of them have no warranty, exchange several owners, etc.

That being said, happy bidding. Keep driving them prices up. I truly appreciate it. As all of us GT car owners benefit from the hype.
Old 02-19-2024, 09:33 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,596 Likes on 2,340 Posts

I wonder how much it costs to "tour" a "winged" GT3 ... i/e remove the wing etc and replace the decklid and airbox
Old 02-19-2024, 09:38 PM
jp884
Rennlist Member

Received 428 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
You cant justify it. People in our generation/lifetime do stupid things and dont think. They’ll pay over for a house, watch, coat, and why not a GT3 touring? Its America, we love spending our money

Touring is a GT3 without a wing. It only costs more because of the hype and the cult following it driving up the prices. Most tourings have the dullest interiors with black stitching hardly anything contrasting interior with brushed aluminum trim, black 18 way seats, etc. I understand people want and like the understated and sleeper looks of a 911 with a GT3 engine but come on. Its still a GT3! And you spend all this money $60-70k over msrp and to 99% of the people its a dull looking 911.

The only justification I see perhaps is the massive inflation driven increase of porsche base prices in the last 4 years. Without inflation, GT3 would cost 10-12% less than what it does and perhaps that would have addressed some of the pricing on these cars. Vast majority of them have no warranty, exchange several owners, etc.

That being said, happy bidding. Keep driving them prices up. I truly appreciate it. As all of us GT car owners benefit from the hype.
the appeal for me is that it is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. The unassuming aspect of it is exactly what I love. It looks like a Carrera but it’s a GT3. Not to mention there really was not a lot of 991.2 tourings made and it was the answer to combat the flippers on the 911r, that makes it very special to me.
The following 4 users liked this post by jp884:
Dr. Z (02-19-2024), Porsche911GTS'16 (02-20-2024), rhk118 (03-22-2024), SantaFePorsche (02-21-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 10:11 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jp884
the appeal for me is that it is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. The unassuming aspect of it is exactly what I love. It looks like a Carrera but it’s a GT3. Not to mention there really was not a lot of 991.2 tourings made and it was the answer to combat the flippers on the 911r, that makes it very special to me.
But that appeal to you is a completely different appeal than people paying so much more money (than it probably deserves) to a car because of the hype and speculation. I cannot tell you how many people I have personally met and even more people I have heard about through dealership contacts that do NOT fit in to this criteria of yours. You talk to these people and you can clearly see their sum total understanding of what a GT3 is mind you a GT3 touring does not fill more than 3 sentences. They have money and perhaps too much of it. They see youtube videos (or worse read rennlist posts) talking all about how amazing GT3 tourings are, so they go for it. Then they read about how it appreciates and how low quantities of it is out there then they put it in BAT and round and round we go. Its hilarious to hear these people talk about flat 6 engines, solid valve trains and then watch them try to sit in a bucket seat.

You are driving this car in a manner in which it is designed for. Good for you. But the problem is for this purpose only, the car would be worth a lot less than a winged GT3. Its a compromised car in many respects. The only reason it sells for what it does is a man made scenario where speculation after speculation drove up the price. Your use case is totally reasonable although I would never drive a “sports car” in wolf in sheep’s clothing, I respect it.

Last edited by 3-Pedals; 02-19-2024 at 10:13 PM.
Old 02-19-2024, 10:16 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I wonder how much it costs to "tour" a "winged" GT3 ... i/e remove the wing etc and replace the decklid and airbox
I suspect you could construct 2 if not 3 decklids for the $60k premium of a touring.
Larry Cable (02-20-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 10:17 PM
168glhs1986
Rennlist Member

Received 1,441 Likes on 694 Posts

I'm guessing $282 for the miami blue car vin # WP0AC2A90JS176153
The following 2 users liked this post by 168glhs1986:
Larry Cable (02-20-2024), SantaFePorsche (02-21-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 10:49 PM
168glhs1986
Rennlist Member

Received 1,441 Likes on 694 Posts

Originally Posted by jp884
It wasn't even supposed to exist. It was an after thought for Porsche. Hell it wasn't even in their sales brochure so they had to print a second edition after they decided to make it. This will NEVER happen again in the history of Porsche. Many reasons why it's one of the best and we just touched on a few.

And wolf in sheeps clothing is exactly how Porsche themselves describes the car in the revised sales brochure.

Last edited by 168glhs1986; 02-19-2024 at 10:53 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by 168glhs1986:
Dr. Z (02-22-2024), Norsk (03-14-2024), Overdraft (03-09-2024), Porsche911GTS'16 (02-20-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 10:51 PM
Mrrdstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 168glhs1986
It wasn't even supposed to exist. It was an after thought for Porsche. Hell it wasn't even in their sales brochure so they had to print another one after they decided to make it. This will NEVER happen again in the history of Porsche.
The same could be said about the 993 C2S 👍 and look at them now
Larry Cable (02-20-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 10:56 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
$25K, all OEM parts and done at Porsche Dealer. Riviera Blue de-winged that recently sold was spent that on it.
Brainofjjj (04-09-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 11:01 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,464 Likes on 2,812 Posts

But that appeal to you is a completely different appeal than people paying so much more money (than it probably deserves) to a car because of the hype and speculation. I cannot tell you how many people I have personally met and even more people I have heard about through dealership contacts that do NOT fit in to this criteria of yours. You talk to these people and you can clearly see their sum total understanding of what a GT3 is mind you a GT3 touring does not fill more than 3 sentences. They have money and perhaps too much of it. They see youtube videos (or worse read rennlist posts) talking all about how amazing GT3 tourings are, so they go for it. Then they read about how it appreciates and how low quantities of it is out there then they put it in BAT and round and round we go. Its hilarious to hear these people talk about flat 6 engines, solid valve trains and then watch them try to sit in a bucket seat.

You are driving this car in a manner in which it is designed for. Good for you. But the problem is for this purpose only, the car would be worth a lot less than a winged GT3. Its a compromised car in many respects. The only reason it sells for what it does is a man made scenario where speculation after speculation drove up the price. Your use case is totally reasonable although I would never drive a “sports car” in wolf in sheep’s clothing, I respect it.

Pretty cynical post here. People buy Tourings, because they like Tourings - the sleeper looks and low key aggressive character is what draws me to this car. I personally think it's one of the best looking 911s ever made. The other folks that I know who own or want to own Tourings have the same perspective.

I also think it's laughable that the speculation trend doesn't apply to the regular GT3, especially the 992.

Regarding it being "compromised" relative to a winged GT3...who cares. It's a road car and as aggressively as I drive it, I can't come close to pushing its limits on the street. As far as I'm concerned, there is no compromise.

The following 6 users liked this post by rk-d:
atlrvr (02-20-2024), Brainofjjj (04-09-2024), mattyf (03-12-2024), Porsche911GTS'16 (02-20-2024), rhk118 (03-22-2024), UncleDude (02-20-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-19-2024, 11:04 PM
Mrrdstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rk-d
Pretty cynical post here. People buy Tourings, because they like Tourings - the sleeper looks and low key aggressive character is what draws me to this car. I personally think it's one of the best looking 911s ever made. The other folks that I know who own or want to own Tourings have the same perspective.

I also think it's laughable that the speculation trend doesn't apply to the regular GT3, especially the 992.

Regarding it being "compromised" relative to a winged GT3...who cares. It's a road car and as aggressively as I drive it, I can't come close to pushing its limits on the street. As far as I'm concerned, there is no compromise.

Bingo 💯 perfection IMO

Old 02-19-2024, 11:14 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rk-d

You missed the point. I repeated this in two of my posts and I want to repeat for the third time. There is a use case for a touring which you describe as did another poster who responded to me. There is no issue here (although I dont share your enthusiasm, this is fine). What I’m pointing out is regarding the paying substantially more for this use case of “wolf in sheep’s clothing” does not correlate with this use case you point out. The price people pay isnt because tourings have a 1 of a kind 10,000 rpm flat 6 nor its because touring has a carbon fiber tub thats special to touring. It is because of speculators and flippers initiating a chain reaction years ago.

Under normal circumstances where a car’s price is determined by its window sticker (which is determined by the complexity of its suspension, engine, transmission, aero dynamics, sound system, seats, brakes, etc), in this case the $60-70k over msrp has absolutely no correlation with the “car” aspect of touring - which is a metal box with 4 tires, engine, 3 pedals, etc. Under these normal circumstances, this compromised car albeit having a legitimate use case, would be worth LESS than its superior (as a car) winged counter part.

A manual gt3 does/should bring more than a pdk simply because its more involving, more fun, a lot less manual cars in the market with 9k N/A engine, bespoke transmission that Porsche had to research and develop, etc etc etc. But this is not the case for touring. What exactly is so special about it from the perspective of it being a car? Because it has no wing it should be worth $60-70k more? Come on. I was here when it was announced and I know what everyone thought of it. I also know what everyone even the most seasoned and old timer Porsche owners here thought of it when its price shot up due to flippers and speculators.

You may love this completely understated GT3. Fine. Its just not mechanically worth that kind of money if we evaluate it as a “car” or a “sports car”.
Old 02-19-2024, 11:36 PM
silvertige
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 119 Posts

You missed the point. I repeated this in two of my posts and I want to repeat for the third time. There is a use case for a touring which you describe as did another poster who responded to me. There is no issue here (although I dont share your enthusiasm, this is fine). What I’m pointing out is regarding the paying substantially more for this use case of “wolf in sheep’s clothing” does not correlate with this use case you point out. The price people pay isnt because tourings have a 1 of a kind 10,000 rpm flat 6 nor its because touring has a carbon fiber tub thats special to touring. It is because of speculators and flippers initiating a chain reaction years ago.

Under normal circumstances where a car’s price is determined by its window sticker (which is determined by the complexity of its suspension, engine, transmission, aero dynamics, sound system, seats, brakes, etc), in this case the $60-70k over msrp has absolutely no correlation with the “car” aspect of touring - which is a metal box with 4 tires, engine, 3 pedals, etc. Under these normal circumstances, this compromised car albeit having a legitimate use case, would be worth LESS than its superior (as a car) winged counter part.

A manual gt3 does/should bring more than a pdk simply because its more involving, more fun, a lot less manual cars in the market with 9k N/A engine, bespoke transmission that Porsche had to research and develop, etc etc etc. But this is not the case for touring. What exactly is so special about it from the perspective of it being a car? Because it has no wing it should be worth $60-70k more? Come on. I was here when it was announced and I know what everyone thought of it. I also know what everyone even the most seasoned and old timer Porsche owners here thought of it when its price shot up due to flippers and speculators.

You may love this completely understated GT3. Fine. Its just not mechanically worth that kind of money if we evaluate it as a “car” or a “sports car”.
You're beating a dead horse. This has been discussed and debated ad nauseam over the years. You don't agree with the current 991.2 touring market because it's just missing a wing.. blah, blah... ok. Got it. Obviously many others don't agree with that and are spending their money accordingly.

Last edited by silvertige; 02-19-2024 at 11:47 PM. Reason: 911.2 to 991.2
rk-d (02-20-2024)

Quick Reply: WTB/FS: 991.2 Touring GT3