Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 991.1 GT3 10 year engine warranty expiration

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 01:25 PM
slipaway37
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 111 Posts

I was quoted $8,150 for 48 mo/48,000 miles for platinum on a 2015 GT3 ($100 deductible) before any haggling.
[/QUOTE]
I paid $8,196.00 for the Platinum 72-month/80,000 miles coverage on a 2014 GT3 $100 deductible.
Old 04-30-2024, 01:48 PM
Manhattan_trout
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 138 Posts

This is great info. 8k for 6 years of piece of mind seems like an excellent trade off !
The following users liked this post:
slipaway37 (04-30-2024)
Old 05-01-2024, 05:46 PM
konrad h1
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by rpmillie
So I have been shopping for ways to extend mechanical coverage (notice I did not say warranty) on a 991.1 GT3. I called a few dealers that were not helpful. Then I called Leith Porsche in Raleigh NC and talked to F&I manager (Tony Craft). He was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about this product offered by Porsche dealers, administered through a 3rd party. (see attached PDF). This is not an extension of any original or supplemental warranty.

Two levels (options): powertrain only and "Platinum". Power train only seemed way too limited for me. I don't see any per incident cost caps or agreement cost caps. In terms of engine replacement for FF issue, I would imagine this is determined by replace vs repair financial analysis done at the dealer. so it might not get replaced. But repair is good enough for me. Tony said this is comprehensive and should cover any mechanical failures with engine and PDK for the things we worry about. Not covering abuse, accidents, lack of oil, etc, the stuff you expect to be excluded basically. Not covering any maintenance or wear items (consumables). Platinum also covers way more than just engine/PDK. Tony said they replaced speakers in a car the other day under this plan. He says their shop loves these plans as do customers who buy them. All dealers in US (don't know about Canada) recognize and work with these plans. Read section 6 "Exclusions" very carefully. Tons of exclusions including failure occurring on a "track".

Just passing on recent learnings here. I have not personally purchased this yet and obviously not made a claim under this plan. ** YMMV ** Do your own research.

So if interested, call your favorite dealer F&I guy with your VIN for a quote. I was quoted $8,150 for 48 mo/48,000 miles for platinum on a 2015 GT3 ($100 deductible) before any haggling.
(see attached contract)

This would not work for me as I track my car often, but seems ok for those that just drive on the streets.
Old 05-01-2024, 07:09 PM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Manhattan_trout
This is great info. 8k for 6 years of piece of mind seems like an excellent trade off !
.yep
Old 05-01-2024, 07:11 PM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by konrad h1
This would not work for me as I track my car often, but seems ok for those that just drive on the streets.
FYI, even the Porsche factory warranty, as well as all insurance service contacts excludes repairs for failures that happen on the track
slipaway37 (05-03-2024)
Old 05-01-2024, 08:50 PM
edvc520
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looking at a used 2014 GT3 with the E1 engine at the moment…
yes I can buy 6 years of extended warranty but can’t help to think what about after the 6 years 🤔
feels like a ticking time bomb?
Old 05-01-2024, 09:52 PM
dgoldenz
Burning Brakes

Received 401 Likes on 210 Posts

So I have been shopping for ways to extend mechanical coverage (notice I did not say warranty) on a 991.1 GT3. I called a few dealers that were not helpful. Then I called Leith Porsche in Raleigh NC and talked to F&I manager (Tony Craft). He was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about this product offered by Porsche dealers, administered through a 3rd party. (see attached PDF). This is not an extension of any original or supplemental warranty.

Two levels (options): powertrain only and "Platinum". Power train only seemed way too limited for me. I don't see any per incident cost caps or agreement cost caps. In terms of engine replacement for FF issue, I would imagine this is determined by replace vs repair financial analysis done at the dealer. so it might not get replaced. But repair is good enough for me. Tony said this is comprehensive and should cover any mechanical failures with engine and PDK for the things we worry about. Not covering abuse, accidents, lack of oil, etc, the stuff you expect to be excluded basically. Not covering any maintenance or wear items (consumables). Platinum also covers way more than just engine/PDK. Tony said they replaced speakers in a car the other day under this plan. He says their shop loves these plans as do customers who buy them. All dealers in US (don't know about Canada) recognize and work with these plans. Read section 6 "Exclusions" very carefully. Tons of exclusions including failure occurring on a "track".

Just passing on recent learnings here. I have not personally purchased this yet and obviously not made a claim under this plan. ** YMMV ** Do your own research.

So if interested, call your favorite dealer F&I guy with your VIN for a quote. I was quoted $8,150 for 48 mo/48,000 miles for platinum on a 2015 GT3 ($100 deductible) before any haggling.
(see attached contract)
My parents had this coverage on their Cayenne Turbo and have never had an issue getting a claim approved. The price is very negotiable though. I was able to get the dealer to match the lowest Fidelity Platinum one I could find. Originally quoted around 7k and got it for 5k.
Old 05-02-2024, 04:35 AM
Cay_PI
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by edvc520
Looking at a used 2014 GT3 with the E1 engine at the moment…
yes I can buy 6 years of extended warranty but can’t help to think what about after the 6 years 🤔
feels like a ticking time bomb?
If you can reach 30-40k miles on that engine until the 6 years are over, you are fine ;D
Old 05-02-2024, 11:26 AM
konrad h1
Rennlist Member

deleted
Old 05-02-2024, 11:27 AM
konrad h1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by parkerfe
FYI, even the Porsche factory warranty, as well as all insurance service contacts excludes repairs for failures that happen on the track
I know of two people personally that had their .1 E Engines fail on the track, with the full knowledge from the dealer (they did the pre-HPDE inspection) and Porsche replaced them with G6 engines both times without hesitation. My data on this is different than yours and based on factual information.
I have never heard of an engine replaced or claim denied under a non-Porsche extended warranty. The policy described herein clearly states the track exclusion.
slipaway37 (05-03-2024)
Old 05-02-2024, 11:28 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

(see attached contract)
I further understand that any Mechanical Breakdown, loss, or damage that results from a Pre-Existing Condition is not covered by this Agreement.

I wonder if the FF issue is considered a "pre-existing condition" under this warranty?
Old 05-02-2024, 01:10 PM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by konrad h1
I know of two people personally that had their .1 E Engines fail on the track, with the full knowledge from the dealer (they did the pre-HPDE inspection) and Porsche replaced them with G6 engines both times without hesitation. My data on this is different than yours and based on factual information.
I have never heard of an engine replaced or claim denied under a non-Porsche extended warranty. The policy described herein clearly states the track exclusion.
I have no data on engines repaired or replaced after a track failure. But I can read, and the Porsche new car warranty and Porsche branded service contract both state that on track failures are excluded.
I suspect dealers simply don't mention that the failure happened on the track...that way they get paid for the repair.
Old 05-03-2024, 05:33 AM
Cay_PI
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

In case of the 10 year engine warranty there are exactly no conditions, except that there should be no mods that infuence the problematic parts (eg.rev limiter raise). They just check if the engine has the FF problem and replace.
slipaway37 (05-03-2024)
Old 05-03-2024, 10:29 AM
konrad h1
Rennlist Member

I have no data on engines repaired or replaced after a track failure. But I can read, and the Porsche new car warranty and Porsche branded service contract both state that on track failures are excluded.
I suspect dealers simply don't mention that the failure happened on the track...that way they get paid for the repair.
Not to belabor the point, but the 10 year extended warranty on these engines is different than the "new car warranty" you point to - this is self evident. Apples and Oranges.

I never assumed you can't read, just that you are making assumptions that do not apply - in my view. Your assumptions on coverage are not supported by the empirical data.

Keep it classy mate.... :-)
Old 05-03-2024, 12:16 PM
pjazz
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 140 Posts

That can't be correct how could Porsche not cover track use unless it was racing? Even chevy covers their cars on track.

Quick Reply: 2014 991.1 GT3 10 year engine warranty expiration