Sponsored by:

The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2021, 02:00 AM
porscherain
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
That scenario has nothing to do with a lawsuit.
Exactly what I was thinking.
Old 08-05-2021, 10:00 AM
KOTB
Banned

Received 194 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by itrsteve
Hopefully the person got a solid deal on it.

Either way, it still looks pretty decent on video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xED3yxPIvFo
Do we know for sure this is the same car? asking since it has the Porsche South Bay number plate. Sometime last year my local dealer, porsche gold coast also had a mint green Gt3.

At the end of the day there is nothing a good detailer cant fix ..... also I don't think the dealer is obligated by law to disclose facts about a vehicle that a simple google search can provide. If this will be a reason for a lawsuit, it will be considered frvolous. That being said, the buyer can taint the delaers reputation which in the long term can cost them more money than just buying the car back. This day and age always google the ****e out anything that you are buying! Also, carfax may be considered liable to a certain extent too?
Old 08-05-2021, 10:14 AM
itrsteve
Burning Brakes

Received 725 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by KOTB
Also, carfax may be considered liable to a certain extent too?
What would Carfax be liable for? Typically the data comes from insurance claims, not weekend side projects or dirty interiors. I believe they reported everything as they knew it to be true as a repo and auction car, that's that.

Charlotte McLaren has enough plausible deniability where a civil case isn't worth the time. Auction car with a relatively clean carfax and maybe their due diligence stopped there. They deal enough volume to where I doubt they consult Ed Bolian for each auction purchase.

Don't get me wrong, assuming the buyer paid $240 or anything relatively close, that really sucks but they don't have much of a leg to stand on - just suck it up and enjoy your forever car. But also, don't pay top dollar for a repo'd auction car from a used exotic dealership, even if they're allowed to sell new McLarens.

Back to your original point - I suppose there's no way of knowing if the car in the video was the same car. It's certainly interesting.

Last edited by itrsteve; 08-05-2021 at 10:29 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by itrsteve:
Booth9999 (08-05-2021), neoprufrok (08-05-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 10:30 AM
Booth9999
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by itrsteve
What would Carfax be liable for? Typically the data comes from insurance claims, not weekend side projects or dirty interiors. I believe they reported everything as they knew it to be true as a repo and auction car, that's that.

Charlotte McLaren has enough plausible deniability where a civil case isn't worth the time. Auction car with a relatively clean carfax and maybe their due diligence stopped there. They deal enough volume to where I doubt they consult Ed Bolian for each auction purchase.

Don't get me wrong, assuming the buyer paid $240 or anything relatively close, that really sucks but they don't have much of a leg to stand on - just suck it up and enjoy your forever car. But also, don't pay top dollar for a repo'd auction car from a used exotic dealership, even if they're allowed to sell new McLarens.

Back to your original point - I suppose there's no way of knowing if the car in the video was the same car. It's certainly interesting.
I think this is the reality…
The following users liked this post:
itrsteve (08-07-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 12:58 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

Carfax was clean on the attempted bodywork mods and stuff, so don't think Carfax would be liable. I was thinking that Mclaren Charlotte would be inclined to settle out of court rather than go through the trouble of a lawsuit to prevent a reputational hit across the net and beyond. But I'm not a lawyer or even close - maybe someone who works as one can chime in.
Old 08-05-2021, 01:41 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,036 Likes on 591 Posts

I recently went to Charlotte for a vacation and as usual if I know of a dealership that has good stuff I visit .
The McLaren dealership gave me a bad vibe
all the cars were dirty
a number of cars had cheap after market mods like spoilers, front splitters etc
a number of cars had body panels that were not well aligned
few cars had snow tires on and I am talking, Lambo , Gt3 , Audi R8 .I know these cars can be driven in snow , but a respected dealer will put new summer tires before sale
also it seemed that they were hoarding cars , like they had 12 G63 wagons , and 20 Lambo SUV used
just it was nothing I have encountered in the past at a respected car dealership
so I personally will never buy from them

Old 08-05-2021, 02:01 PM
hsb1001
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 119 Posts

I was talking to a sales person there recently about a 720s, and he was trying to sell me a car they didn't have in stock and would need to be bought by them and resold.

I realized he didn't know the car or have any details as the picture on the website was for an earlier car that sold but he was trying to convince me it was in service, he eventually came clean and said it was a mistake and would have to have the car transported from Texas to Charlotte so they could confirm the condition ahead of selling it to me LOL.
Old 08-05-2021, 02:23 PM
atlrvr
Rennlist Member

Received 579 Likes on 258 Posts

They're local to me. Things have really gone downhill in the last 18 months or so.

https://www.metrolinaautogroup.com/inventory/

^^^ This is their original business, which is typical "luxury" used car dealer.

They somehow got McLaren franchise rights, and for a while, really played it straight. New Mac sales, and pre-owned Mac's and well sorted other cars, mostly to support the McLaren customers (i.e. taking Ferrari/Lambos in on trade)

Pricing on those cars was very fair, and they had good customer service.

Then, price explosion last year, and they just decided to go WOT. Everything is wrong now. I don't think they are intentionally being deceptive, just trying to do way more business than they can competently handle. Basically they are running it similar to their Metrolina business now. It's a shame.

It's a complete opposite of Lambo Charlotte, who are outstanding.

The following users liked this post:
kumar (08-07-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 02:50 PM
KOTB
Banned

Received 194 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by atlrvr
They're local to me. Things have really gone downhill in the last 18 months or so.

They somehow got McLaren franchise rights, and for a while, really played it straight. New Mac sales, and pre-owned Mac's and well sorted other cars, mostly to support the McLaren customers (i.e. taking Ferrari/Lambos in on trade)

Then, price explosion last year, and they just decided to go WOT. Everything is wrong now. I don't think they are intentionally being deceptive, just trying to do way more business than they can competently handle. Basically they are running it similar to their Metrolina business now. It's a shame.

I had a really bad experience with them as well. I drove to Charlotte to look at a Performate at a local dealer and they had a couple too so I stopped by to look at the ones they had. They have the worst customer service and like it has been mentioned above the cars were dirty, with scratches and rock chips all over the place. Even though I had an appointment and I was early for my appointment I was told that I had to wait two hours to look at the car because apparently the car was being "detailed". I left immediately and never turned back.
Old 08-05-2021, 08:37 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

low option touring sold on BAT for 205k + 5k fee

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...t3-touring-13/

Old 08-05-2021, 10:13 PM
milazzo71
Cruisin'

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Spot on with the McLaren Metrolina game. I have current order in with Lambo Charlotte and couldn't agree more.
Old 08-06-2021, 02:34 AM
R35driver
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 121 Posts

https://www.columbiamercedesbenz.com...b8fa7136bd.htm

2018 6MT with buckets. Black on black.
local car to me. owner traded in for a G wagon. from what i remember i think the brakes are cxx acid green ?
Old 08-06-2021, 09:52 AM
itrsteve
Burning Brakes

Received 725 Likes on 401 Posts

Interesting. I bought my car from them in Feb 2019, no major complaints but there were some sales tactics and lack of polish on the sales staff which seemed strange for a McLaren franchise. For example, they came back on the sales price when they found out that I wouldn't be financing with them. But that was the point where I realized that it was a used exotic dealer allowed to sell McLarens.

There was somebody on here a few months back that got a 991.2 and had to bring it back due to a strange title issue - sounded sort of like they were doing the title flipping stuff that CNC was doing.

The showroom and inventory when I was there was exceptional, they had a ton of beautiful stuff there but this was well before the chaos of 2020+
Old 08-06-2021, 12:20 PM
porscherain
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by R35driver

local car to me. owner traded in for a G wagon. from what i remember i think the brakes are cxx acid green ?
185k build listed at 222K. Priced 20k too high IMO.
Old 08-06-2021, 12:27 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,408 Likes on 1,314 Posts

Originally Posted by R35driver

From some of the exterior pictures, the car almost looks like a very dark blue. For a second I thought it was PTS Dark Blue Metallic or something. I don’t think the calipers were painted as a CXX option as Porsche Exclusive almost never approves requests to paint them a different color from what’s available on the online configurator. They only really approve painting calipers if you are a VIP. I looked at other previous listings for this car and none mentioned any Custom Tailoring Options (CXX).

Last edited by RapidGT; 08-06-2021 at 12:46 PM.

Quick Reply: The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...