Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 83 Posts

Error
Old 08-14-2020, 10:21 AM
ByeEnzo
Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by kstadt911
Confirmation bias, perfect. Another strategy is to have a DD sleeper and keep the wing home for the twisties and the tracks.

BTW, this is fun — any neurosurgeons or ortho lurking here 😷
Ortho here....joint replacement...just entered 29th year in the league 😂
The following users liked this post:
rhk118 (08-14-2020)
Old 08-14-2020, 03:01 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,039 Likes on 535 Posts

Originally Posted by ByeEnzo
Ortho here....joint replacement...just entered 29th year in the league 😂
I need a new hip. Wait time here is end of November. Do you do house calls? 🤣🤣
Old 08-14-2020, 04:51 PM
Deven
Pro

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

I was more sensitive to 'appearances' in the past.

I graduated in 1996 (OTO-HNS). I took the written boards in September. I passed, and started preparing for the oral exams in April. My wife, in order to motivate me, said I can have anything I want if I passed. She then 'regretted' giving me cart blanche, but when I asked if I could get a Porsche, she was actually relieved that is 'all I wanted' (all she wanted was a baby when she passed her boards a couple years latter).

I ordered a new Boxster (took 10+ months to get it). I was recruited out of residency, and was employed by the hospital, and one afternoon/evening, as part of a semi-annual 'get together' with some of the other new physicians, the hospital president came over and asked which one of us got the new Porsche and then 'jokingly' stated that obviously we were being paid too much. Interesting perspective, because a loaded Camry would have been barely $10000 less than the Boxster (back then), and all those driving 5-7 series BMW's and E-S class Mercedes or GS/LS Lexus had more expensive cars that no one would have made a comment on. I guess I became conscious about it and started driving my Maxima when I parked in the lot. When my 1st kid was born, I bought a Lexus LX 470, but non one one cared (way more expensive than the Boxster).

Currently, no one takes notice of a P100D, or an AMG G wagon in the doctors lot. Maybe a car enthusiast would notice the new triple black Turbo S cab. I drive my 'lowly' 997 S Cab to work daily and on rare occasion I feel self conscious again when I see a doctor pull up in his Honda Fit (but now I know it is one of you guys with a GT3 at home, haha).

Last edited by Deven; 08-14-2020 at 04:58 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Deven:
BeeeNub (08-15-2020), fijibubba (08-16-2020)
Old 08-15-2020, 11:35 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 210 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Someone buy this car. Perfect spec and very well cared for.

https://www.porscheofcoloradosprings...co-id-37136032

These just arrived at the same shop...

The following 2 users liked this post by BryanCO:
fijibubba (08-16-2020), Randy M (08-15-2020)
Old 08-15-2020, 11:41 PM
alecjan
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanCO

oh sweet Christmas
The following users liked this post:
fijibubba (08-16-2020)
Old 08-15-2020, 11:43 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 723 Likes on 333 Posts

Colorado Springs just came up in conversation as a place to move....
Old 08-16-2020, 12:29 AM
fijibubba
Burning Brakes

Received 628 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by Deven

I graduated in 1996 (OTO-HNS). I took the written boards in September. I passed, and started preparing for the oral exams in April. My wife, in order to motivate me, said I can have anything I want if I passed. She then 'regretted' giving me cart blanche, but when I asked if I could get a Porsche, she was actually relieved that is 'all I wanted' (all she wanted was a baby when she passed her boards a couple years latter).

I ordered a new Boxster (took 10+ months to get it). I was recruited out of residency, and was employed by the hospital, and one afternoon/evening, as part of a semi-annual 'get together' with some of the other new physicians, the hospital president came over and asked which one of us got the new Porsche and then 'jokingly' stated that obviously we were being paid too much. Interesting perspective, because a loaded Camry would have been barely $10000 less than the Boxster (back then), and all those driving 5-7 series BMW's and E-S class Mercedes or GS/LS Lexus had more expensive cars that no one would have made a comment on. I guess I became conscious about it and started driving my Maxima when I parked in the lot. When my 1st kid was born, I bought a Lexus LX 470, but non one one cared (way more expensive than the Boxster).

Currently, no one takes notice of a P100D, or an AMG G wagon in the doctors lot. Maybe a car enthusiast would notice the new triple black Turbo S cab. I drive my 'lowly' 997 S Cab to work daily and on rare occasion I feel self conscious again when I see a doctor pull up in his Honda Fit (but now I know it is one of you guys with a GT3 at home, haha).
I always use to love cruising past the "Doctors parking" to see what they were driving. As a normal guy, I knew they went through a ton of schooling that I was not interested in, and in my eyes EARNED every right to be driving the Maybach, Ferrari, or SLS parked there. It was always the best place to go car spotting (and trophy wife spotting as well) as a young car enthusiast back in the day. I always used this as motivation. I knew I had no interest in medicine, but I did have an interest in business, so after retiring from the military thats the route I pursued. I love working with my hands and fixing things. I always wondered if I would enjoy ortho and putting people back together. That has to been neat and very rewarding.

Last edited by fijibubba; 08-16-2020 at 02:47 AM.
Old 08-16-2020, 02:42 AM
TheLeftSchuh
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 15 Posts

Porsche of Colorado Springs seems to move these cars with ease... a consistent inventory coming and going. I got notified of the Carmine Red one before I pulled the trigger on my new Touring last week, it's a Canadian car with something like 6200 miles on it. If anyone reaches out to them, Nancy is great to work with.
Old 08-16-2020, 09:55 AM
rhk118
Pro

Received 267 Likes on 171 Posts

Ummm...they have them in the wrong order...German flag is black, red, then yellow! LOL...that is an impressive picture! Just signed papers on my touring yesterday but if falls through I know where I’m looking!
Old 08-16-2020, 02:04 PM
kstadt911
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Deven

No need to be sensitive to appearances, especially given that you, me and so many docs are on here as true enthusiasts. It’s the posers docs who have no clue what they’re driving that should be more concerned with appearances. But then again, they aren’t on these forums either, so wouldn’t know any better.

BTW, my GT3RS never sees the lot (why bake it in Florida sun) but the M5 does.

The following 2 users liked this post by kstadt911:
Deven (08-16-2020), fijibubba (08-16-2020)
Old 08-16-2020, 05:39 PM
Toothengineer
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 100 Posts

[QUOTE=kstadt911;16847276]No need to be sensitive to appearances, especially given that you, me and so many docs are on here as true enthusiasts. It’s the posers docs who have no clue what they’re driving that should be more concerned with appearances. But then again, they aren’t on these forums either, so wouldn’t know any better.

BTW, my GT3RS never sees the lot (why bake it in Florida sun) but the M5 does.

I just got signal green; and don’t plan on driving it to the office. When I had a 981s and 991.2S I was ok bringing it to office; but signal green feels a bit much. Have a couple of weeks to find a second car.
Old 08-16-2020, 05:48 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 210 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by rhk118
Ummm...they have them in the wrong order...German flag is black, red, then yellow! LOL...that is an impressive picture! Just signed papers on my touring yesterday but if falls through I know where I’m looking!
Brewster Green. And the yellow one is a GTS.
Old 08-16-2020, 06:52 PM
jkob5
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Haha don't forget us internists like gt cars too! I'll drive my RS to work every now and then, another GT3 there every now and then, couple of 991 turbos, lots of amgs and some nice trucks every now and then. Quite a few of the docs at my hospital are car guys too! I always get texted pics of my car by them when I drive it to work ha.

991.1 RS
The following 2 users liked this post by jkob5:
fijibubba (08-16-2020), Ramadox (08-16-2020)

Quick Reply: The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...