Sponsored by:

Any experience with Chicago Motor Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 09:30 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,719 Likes on 956 Posts

Originally Posted by dewilmoth
The irony of shopping for a .2 RS, but deciding not to buy based on under $200/mo insurance costs, while you live in NJ and pay 9 bajillion percent tax on your very existence.
I have no idea what you are talking about my friend.

I was quoted $5000/year first which is when I put the whole thing on hold.

I kept calling insurance people and got it down to $200/month (actually $189 it turns out). I am fine with that.

I think you have jumped a few posts or misunderstood me. $189 or $200 is something I can deal with. More than twice of that, is not.

That being said, this might not work out with CMC. By Tuesday, I will have a car, “a” car under my name. I dont know if its the CMC one or another one. If nothing works out, I dont consider this a bad experience because I have two things that I see positive:

- That this is the right car for me
- That even after reading these forums for years, I didnt know jack about buying a Porsche GT car. Thanks to this experience, I learned a ton.

May I please ask to stay positive and not post garbage? 99% of the people here are super nice and I am grateful. I have thanked them more than enough but I thank them again here one more time.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:54 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 337 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Call Flo. Progressive insures all our Florida stuff.
Their relentless TV ads are terrible. Regardless, I just switched to State Farm, which was by far the least expensive. Allstate and Liberty Mutual quoted rates like I was a hooligan 24/7.

< $3k for 3 911s.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:57 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by WernerE
Their relentless TV ads are terrible. Regardless, I just switched to State Farm, which was by far the least expensive. Allstate and Liberty Mutual quoted rates like I was a hooligan 24/7.

< $3k for 3 911s.
I m going with state farm. Nobody else came close.

They gave me $189 for the 19 RS and $160 for 16 RS btw in case anyone wants a comparison.
The following users liked this post:
fijibubba (05-23-2020)
Old 05-23-2020, 10:31 PM
Redlinerobert
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 119 Posts

I thought State Farm said no to insure the vehicle? Don't understand why.

Either way, post pics of your car once you get it.
The following users liked this post:
fijibubba (05-23-2020)
Old 05-23-2020, 11:09 PM
fijibubba
Burning Brakes

Received 631 Likes on 335 Posts

If you're looking at the Lizard Green one Chicago has, I'd seriously consider this one ilusso has....I've bought cars from ilusso before, very good group of guys there that always look to sell quality at the lowest prices on the market.. If i were in the market for a LG one this would be it for sure.

https://www.ilusso.com/used/Porsche/...52d7b63f7f.htm
Old 05-23-2020, 11:13 PM
sp330
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
I have no idea what you are talking about my friend.

I was quoted $5000/year first which is when I put the whole thing on hold.

I kept calling insurance people and got it down to $200/month (actually $189 it turns out). I am fine with that.

I think you have jumped a few posts or misunderstood me. $189 or $200 is something I can deal with. More than twice of that, is not.

That being said, this might not work out with CMC. By Tuesday, I will have a car, “a” car under my name. I dont know if its the CMC one or another one. If nothing works out, I dont consider this a bad experience because I have two things that I see positive:

- That this is the right car for me
- That even after reading these forums for years, I didnt know jack about buying a Porsche GT car. Thanks to this experience, I learned a ton.

May I please ask to stay positive and not post garbage? 99% of the people here are super nice and I am grateful. I have thanked them more than enough but I thank them again here one more time.
The CMC one has lower miles doesn't it? Now there's no trade so the deal should be easier. What's the snag?
Old 05-23-2020, 11:20 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 683 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
I m going with state farm. Nobody else came close.

They gave me $189 for the 19 RS and $160 for 16 RS btw in case anyone wants a comparison.
FWIW...and obviously rates vary by state, it has been my experience in order to get the most competitive rate from a group like State Farm you would need to have all their policies (bundle), e.g. home + car and to have history with them for more than X amount of years. Calling up any insurance company as a new customer will typically be more expensive, and even more so with only the car and not home, etc.

Old 05-23-2020, 11:28 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sp330
The CMC one has lower miles doesn't it? Now there's no trade so the deal should be easier. What's the snag?
Snag is its memorial day weekend. Everywhere closed.

And also the sales guy at CMC wasnt super enthused when I told him I needed some time to research the insurance - which is fine. Come Tuesday, I think he will be more incentivized after he recharges his batteries during the long weekend.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:30 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fijibubba
If you're looking at the Lizard Green one Chicago has, I'd seriously consider this one ilusso has....I've bought cars from ilusso before, very good group of guys there that always look to sell quality at the lowest prices on the market.. If i were in the market for a LG one this would be it for sure.

https://www.ilusso.com/used/Porsche/...52d7b63f7f.htm
They were actually first on my list but for some reason never replied to my requests from autotrader. I have now filled our their contact us form on their website as well. Thank you.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:57 PM
lloyd_christmas
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 15 Posts

I just registered a new to me 2018 GT3 with $185k MSRP with Progressive with zero issues. It might be a state of NJ problem...
Old 05-24-2020, 01:52 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Porsche insurance
Old 05-24-2020, 02:27 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,029 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by silvertige
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he won't pull the trigger on this deal... for whatever reason. Some people just love the chase.

Funny, called it... and FWIW, 1mm dollar car with hagerty is 6500 a year plus or minus...so something seems off if someone is getting quoted even 5k a year for 180k completely replaceable car, but hey...what do I know...
Old 05-24-2020, 10:36 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Funny, called it... and FWIW, 1mm dollar car with hagerty is 6500 a year plus or minus...so something seems off if someone is getting quoted even 5k a year for 180k completely replaceable car, but hey...what do I know...
Well, you know as much as I do....

Anyways, its statefarm for now for $189

As for the car, I located another car, a lot less miles and single owner. So I’m going back and forth between that one and CMC. That car is CPO, it also has things like auto dimming mirrors, rain sensors but does not have the cosmetic features of CMC such as painted a/c vents or fire extinguisher.

Maybe not having the fire extinguisher isnt so bad. I have my 9 year old who will sit with me a lot and I fear her legs would end up resting on the extinguisher a lot and would be uncomfortable. But then I always wanted a car with one.

The 12 o’clock marker is also yellow not green (why would anyone ever order a green interior with green stitching everywhere but leave that 12 o’clock yellow? Its only $330).
Old 05-24-2020, 10:50 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,178 Likes on 2,176 Posts

Fire extinguisher and bracket can always be removed if you do not like it.

Auto dimming mirrors will only be useful at night, if you are like me, your car will not be driven often in rain so that won't matter much either. I would buy the best condition car at the best price.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:02 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Fire extinguisher and bracket can always be removed if you do not like it.

Auto dimming mirrors will only be useful at night, if you are like me, your car will not be driven often in rain so that won't matter much either. I would buy the best condition car at the best price.
I might drive it in rain but definitely very rare. I dont drive my ZR1 in rain because the tires are slicks, not like the GT3RS cup2s. They literally have no threads. But I hear you.

one noteable difference is bose system. CMC car doesnt have it. Other car does. I do listen music and I know engine noise is more important etc and I agree. But still, I m the type who likes to listen (sometimes loud). Although, I did read the Bose system isnt great. In fact I read every thread on it.

Other differences between cars is the CMC car does not have illuminated door sill. It also does not have door in leather/alcantra (full).

So in sum, CMC car has a lot of interior decoration options like painted A/C vents or stiched a/c vents whereas the other car money was spent on other options like rain sensor, auto dim, bose system, illuminated door sill.

Also, there is a 9 month warranty difference between two cars plus non CMC car has 2 more years CPO.

But its $9000 more (although 1.95% apr vs 2.99 does make up that difference).

Quick Reply: Any experience with Chicago Motor Cars?