Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gt3 or Carrera T as a daily driver

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2019 | 12:07 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by destaccado
Even if you want the sofas; it's probably a better financial decision to buy the Touring with the buckets and source some slightly used sofas to install separately (usually pretty easy). The bucket seats are probably the one option that seems to be worth more by itself than when sold as part of the car.
Originally Posted by Holdens
Seems like a good deal to me on a set of gt3 18way seats - (if you find the right car with buckets.)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F303393508083
FWIW it's tough to find the right sofas for the car if you have OCD and want it to match

From different stitching (custom/silver/black/red/yellow etc) to material (alcantara in GT3 vs leather in GT3T) to what may be stitched on the actual headrest, plus headache of selling the buckets & shipping them freight etc.. it can be a pain, I know from first hand experience

Yippie - where is the Pista!!
Old 12-10-2019 | 12:16 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
i love the buckets and how they look but over the weekend, went out to dinner with a buddy in his GT3 buckets and thought to myself- either I’m getting too old or he just have gotten different buckets than what I had cause I don’t remember them being so rough to get in and out of. lol.

Test drove the GTR again today and it was a blast. But tonight for ****s and giggles I started looking st Tourings and wouldn’t you know found 3 great specs all with sofas. And now I’m mentally justifying to myself that the price is only a few grand more but in the long run it will retain value much better.

Im all over the place. I’m a freaking idiot.
The GTR is cheaper to buy but more expensive to own as it will depreciate way more than a Touring. If you care

Both are really great options.

Buy what you like - the cost difference will fade away after a few weeks. the major discussion point vs the two are manual or dual clutch.. For a daily.

I'd agree with sofas for a daily.

Good luck and enjoy the Pista!
Old 12-10-2019 | 01:22 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Originally Posted by Porsche911GTS'16
Yippie - let me make this decision easy for you. Get the Touring and don't look back. Thank me later.
Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
i know. I know.
haha well what are you waiting for then?
Old 12-10-2019 | 01:44 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porsche911GTS'16
My Touring has buckets but it is not my DD. My GTS has 4-ways. Although I prefer the buckets (both in terms of comfort and overall ethos of the buckets in the GT3), I would agree that if this is going to be your DD (but my impression is it is not your DD?), then sofas would be the way to go. My primary issue with using the GT3T as a daily is not seat-related, it is engine-related. For me, driving around in bumper to bumper traffic in LA is not where the GT3 shines. It took me close to an hour to go 10 miles this evening. Left my office in BH at 6 and got to the beach at 7. In my PDK GTS, no biggie. If I had been in my GT3T, I would have gone nuts, sitting in traffic, putzing along at 5-10 mph in first gear, worried about getting rear-ended by the pot smoking and texting driver behind me. For me, anyway, at the end of the day, the Touring shines no matter what seat. Just get the seat that works best for your situation. The car is such a beast that it all comes down to personal preference with the seats, you really can't go wrong either way.
Lived in LA for 30+ years. I know that miserable traffic well. Arizona my commute is 6 miles and easy. I prefer buckets also and never would have considered a GT3 without them but my mind has changed.
The following users liked this post:
Porsche911GTS'16 (12-11-2019)
Old 12-10-2019 | 01:45 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by destaccado
Even if you want the sofas; it's probably a better financial decision to buy the Touring with the buckets and source some slightly used sofas to install separately (usually pretty easy). The bucket seats are probably the one option that seems to be worth more by itself than when sold as part of the car.
Im not worried about resale.
Old 12-10-2019 | 01:46 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Yippie - where is the Pista!!
I seriously thought it would be in my garage today. Its still on the transport- ive been told end of the week, early next week. patiently waiting....getting my pdf guys lined up. ill post pics as soon as I get it.
Old 12-10-2019 | 01:54 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rodsky
The GTR is cheaper to buy but more expensive to own as it will depreciate way more than a Touring. If you care

Both are really great options.

Buy what you like - the cost difference will fade away after a few weeks. the major discussion point vs the two are manual or dual clutch.. For a daily.

I'd agree with sofas for a daily.

Good luck and enjoy the Pista!
Definitely the front end cost of the GTR is less but long term Touring will do better which is why now Im leaning Touring. I went from a beater Carrera T to a GTR to a Touring. I pay cash for my cars so I just dropped a nice check off at Ferrari - and of course I also found 3 nice Touring specs with Sofas at the same time. so first world problems in trying not to drop another 180 grand on a new car that I dont really need.

Quick Reply: Gt3 or Carrera T as a daily driver