Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to get back in, input please.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 10:21 AM
redlightrich
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Trying to get back in, input please.

Hello all, the last several years have been tough on my business. This has caused me to sell my 15 GT3 ( motor car that I waited 19 months for). Then I felt a blip, then bought a 16 GT3, which was built to my spec. Unfortunately that too had to go as the blip was short lived.

Anyway, almost 4 years later, I have my personal affairs in a better place, although business will not ever recover. Changing world.

I have been lucky and owned many interesting cars, although none spoke to me like the GT3.

I have recently found a 16 for sale. Not a great color( based on public opinion, but I like it) , and 6000 miles, 3 registered owners, with many dealers also having possession? It has FAL and some other meaningless options. Stock wheels, steel brakes, so on. Warranty close to over.

I do not track, but I do love spirited drives.

Although I can afford this, I do need to be careful with my funds. Their ask is 138k. It has been sitting for a long time.

Is my offer of 126k realistic? If it is much more than that, I would have to wait it out. I do apologize, as I know the sentiment towards value threads, but this is a little different.

I am a little clueless, as after I sold my 16, I stopped coming here, as I wanted to keep it out of my mind.

I am aware of benefits of the newer models, but the 2016 sure was enough for me.

I also know a special car shouldn't be a life priority, but heck, I need something to energize me!!!!

Thank you and kind regards

Rich
Old 10-03-2019, 10:36 AM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 424 Likes on 264 Posts

If you like the color, #$#! what the peanut gallery says…it speaks to you. Many of these cars have been through multiple flippers and dealers early on. Normal. Part of the history of this model. I wouldn’t be discouraged by that.

I have my own color biases, and if I were looking at a .1 right now, I would give the Obsessed Garage car a serious look (no affiliation):

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1161773

If not, his asking price could help you in your negotiations on the car you are already looking at.
The following users liked this post:
MJG911 (10-03-2019)
Old 10-03-2019, 11:35 AM
Christian Plyler
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

No doubt the Obsessed Garage car would be one of the cleanest, most well kept cars you could possibly find. Plus, I think he's got a full body Xpel Ultimate protection film install on it, around $8k worth of custom audio in it, and a full Dundon exhaust system. Unless he's removed that stuff for the sale. It would definitely be at the top of my list.

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/pages...he-991-911-gt3

Last edited by Christian Plyler; 10-03-2019 at 11:38 AM. Reason: to add a link
Old 10-03-2019, 12:14 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by redlightrich
Hello all, the last several years have been tough on my business. This has caused me to sell my 15 GT3 ( motor car that I waited 19 months for). Then I felt a blip, then bought a 16 GT3, which was built to my spec. Unfortunately that too had to go as the blip was short lived.

Anyway, almost 4 years later, I have my personal affairs in a better place, although business will not ever recover. Changing world.

I have been lucky and owned many interesting cars, although none spoke to me like the GT3.

I have recently found a 16 for sale. Not a great color( based on public opinion, but I like it) , and 6000 miles, 3 registered owners, with many dealers also having possession? It has FAL and some other meaningless options. Stock wheels, steel brakes, so on. Warranty close to over.

Although I can afford this, I do need to be careful with my funds. Their ask is 138k. It has been sitting for a long time.

Is my offer of 126k realistic? If it is much more than that, I would have to wait it out. I do apologize, as I know the sentiment towards value threads, but this is a little different.

I am a little clueless, as after I sold my 16, I stopped coming here, as I wanted to keep it out of my mind.

I am aware of benefits of the newer models, but the 2016 sure was enough for me.

I also know a special car shouldn't be a life priority, but heck, I need something to energize me!!!!

Rich
You should wait until you have greater financial stability. These buy-on-a-blip GT3 purchases are killing you.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:47 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 384 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Christian Plyler
No doubt the Obsessed Garage car would be one of the cleanest, most well kept cars you could possibly find. Plus, I think he's got a full body Xpel Ultimate protection film install on it, around $8k worth of custom audio in it, and a full Dundon exhaust system. Unless he's removed that stuff for the sale. It would definitely be at the top of my list.

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/pages...he-991-911-gt3
This car never had full PPF, you're thinking of the RS he has. The audio and exhaust were removed when sold previously.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:00 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by FORENN
You should wait until you have greater financial stability. These buy-on-a-blip GT3 purchases are killing you.
Glad I'm not the only one thinking that....saying your able to afford a $130K car and then saying you need to be careful with your funds is a huge red flag....It seems you've been down the same road twice....best of luck
Old 10-03-2019, 02:10 PM
HEAT'N'COOL
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Personally, I would wait until you have greater financial stability.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:28 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by FORENN
Couldn't agree more. The difference between $138K and $126K is only $12K, which shouldn't be a deal breaker and if it is, then I would advise considering a less expensive car or delaying purchase to a time when money is not a factor. I enjoy my GT3, but I wouldn't if there were even a remote possibility that my changing finances could require me to sell it.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:02 PM
Christian Plyler
Racer

I'll strongly agree with the financial advice given above.

If you've got to sweat ten grand one way or the other, your target budget is too high already.

I mean, sweating ten grand on principle because you don't want to over pay is one thing. Sweating ten grand because it means you wouldn't have any emergency funds left over is another situation entirely, and means you are making a very risky decision that could potentially have pretty harsh consequences if things don't go exactly right in your life. These are awesome cars, but no car, or other material item, or heck even the best woman in the world, is worth scraping by and living in fear of your next paycheck not being enough. Being in that situation a few times when I was younger was what taught me not to make those kinds of decisions ever again.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:43 PM
Jickel180
Rennlist Member

Received 446 Likes on 240 Posts

I say put enough down or pay in cash to make it recession/blip proof. Then enjoy the hell out it! 126k seems reasonable for a non-LWB car.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:56 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Christian Plyler
I'll strongly agree with the financial advice given above.

If you've got to sweat ten grand one way or the other, your target budget is too high already.

I mean, sweating ten grand on principle because you don't want to over pay is one thing. Sweating ten grand because it means you wouldn't have any emergency funds left over is another situation entirely, and means you are making a very risky decision that could potentially have pretty harsh consequences if things don't go exactly right in your life. These are awesome cars, but no car, or other material item, or heck even the best woman in the world, is worth scraping by and living in fear of your next paycheck not being enough. Being in that situation a few times when I was younger was what taught me not to make those kinds of decisions ever again.
I agree with everything you posted, except for the best woman in the world.
Old 10-03-2019, 05:17 PM
Christian Plyler
Racer

I'd rather suffer with a 9.5 girl and be financially secure than have a 10 and struggle. Not worth it.

Besides, the best woman in the world is going to leave you as soon as she finds a man she perceives as better. Or, is that a paradox because if she's that type of woman, she must not be the best woman in the world after all?
Old 10-03-2019, 05:31 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by redlightrich

Rich
the fact that you are asking complete strangers on the internet whether or not you can personally afford a high end discretionary purchase IMO says enough, with a 12k delta (maybe meeting in the middle @ 6k) dictating whether or not you can afford the car right here and right now

I don't think you can afford it at this time, and conversely trying to make it work may not prove to be very enjoyable to you as you stress about the car/mileage/"what if accident"/could recent drop in values for GT models continue/are we headed to recession with the economy etc

Just my 2 cents and hope no offense taken. GT3 is a hell of a car, but I wouldn't risk something for it or any other car. Especially not for the stress
Old 10-03-2019, 06:30 PM
neil.yoshi
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

#1 rule of personal finance. Never buy anything expensive. There is a level of income where 100, 150, 200 are trivial purchases. Doesn't sound like you're there.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:52 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 424 Likes on 264 Posts

wow tough crowd here!! OP said "Although I can afford this, I do need to be careful with my funds." I take that to mean he is just being cautious to not pay more than he needs to, and is asking if his offer is fair.

Quick Reply: Trying to get back in, input please.