Sponsored by:

My pretty much worthless GT3

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 08:23 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
You all paying ADMs for these cars learned a very valuable lesson. I’m actually glad this is happening because I think this lesson is the only way to educate people so that they don’t repeat this ADM stupidity next generation.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:47 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 424 Likes on 264 Posts

Dont go by asking prices. Most out there for sale are way overpriced and not moving. Usually Porsche dealers. Those I have talked to literally dont care that they are overpriced even when shown other recent, much lower retail transactions for cars of similar MSRP. So they sit. Good luck to them.

So your cars value is lower than when you bought it 2 years ago. Totally normal situation. Bet there are a lot of other 2 year old cars of similar MSRP by other manufacturers that have dropped a lot more than your GT3 in the past 2 years.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:20 PM
amgmuch
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mchrono
Dont go by asking prices. Most out there for sale are way overpriced and not moving. Usually Porsche dealers. Those I have talked to literally dont care that they are overpriced even when shown other recent, much lower retail transactions for cars of similar MSRP. So they sit. Good luck to them.

So your cars value is lower than when you bought it 2 years ago. Totally normal situation. Bet there are a lot of other 2 year old cars of similar MSRP by other manufacturers that have dropped a lot more than your GT3 in the past 2 years.
I actually bought the car brand new 5 months ago and it’s a 19 model year. As bossing said in his post, there is not even enough sales data to justify a $40k drop off the MSRP. Just happen to put on 9k miles on it 😂
Old 09-26-2019, 01:01 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

buying a car and checking its value right away. having record of its milage. that obviously means you bought a car you can't afford.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:29 AM
prl
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by qbix
buying a car and checking its value right away. having record of its milage. that obviously means you bought a car you can't afford.
You don’t know the mileage or an idea of the mileage of a car you drove that’s 5 months old? You don’t get bored of a car you bought in May and summers over sell it and look for your next May car again?

moving on...
I think your over reacting making a value post, when there are enough on here already. But, keep making them so I can buy a second gt3 as a winter beater. The more you guys keep discussing values the more they show up on google searches = potential buyers... All in all 40k from a dealer harsh but reality, plus you can carry over those taxes in most states so in my state your looking at 150k trade in value. Your also looking at the worst time to sell a car.... does your car have sofas!? Because I want one without buckets for a daily. also hate to say it I wouldn’t buy yours over a cpo 19’ for 5-10k more.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:30 AM
amgmuch
Intermediate

Lmao I apologize for being poor and at the same time having a great passion for cars and somehow manage to own a gt3 that I haven’t cared to wash for a month.

But seriously though, where your paganis at bro?

Originally Posted by prl
You don’t know the mileage or an idea of the mileage of a car you drove that’s 5 months old? You don’t get bored of a car you bought in May and summers over sell it and look for your next May car again?

moving on...
I think your over reacting making a value post, when there are enough on here already. But, keep making them so I can buy a second gt3 as a winter beater. The more you guys keep discussing values the more they show up on google searches = potential buyers... All in all 40k from a dealer harsh but reality, plus you can carry over those taxes in most states so in my state your looking at 150k trade in value. Your also looking at the worst time to sell a car.... does your car have sofas!? Because I want one without buckets for a daily. also hate to say it I wouldn’t buy yours over a cpo 19’ for 5-10k more.
Lol no sofas but thanks. I know it’s harsh now that I have come to know of it. Apparently was living in a bubble. Thanks fellow rennlisters for your input. Educated is always better than ignorant. Not getting ripped by your dealer because you are educated on the market trend also helps
Old 09-26-2019, 10:59 AM
Christian Plyler
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Wanted an RS last year. Couldn't get an allocation. Bought an '18 GT3 to tide me over, one year ago this month. Put 8k miles on it during that year of ownership. Been looking for the right RS during that time.

Found a '19 RS that I liked last week. Paid MSRP.

First low-ball offer on the '18 was $135k. Final negotiated trade-in was $150k. MSRP on it a year earlier was $178k. So I took a $28K hit.

Was it worth it to me to pay $28k (plus fees, and the tax difference between my buying price and my trade-in price, and a year's worth of insurance)(all totaled, figure I spent about $35k) to own the GT3 for a year while I waited to get the RS that I wanted? Meh, not on paper anyway. I certainly wouldn't do it repetitively during my life. But this once? I'm not mad about it. I had a heck of a good time in the GT3 while I had it.

I didn't think I would lose that much, based on the pricing trends a year ago. But markets shift. It is what it is. Sure, it's a hunk of change I'll never get back. But I turned 50 years old this year, and who knows how many years I've got left? Better to enjoy life now than regret waiting!
The following 4 users liked this post by Christian Plyler:
grendel88 (09-26-2019), kage65 (09-29-2019), Riptide (09-28-2019), thinkingmonkey (09-30-2019)
Old 09-26-2019, 01:27 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

So if the car does not command at least residual MSRP value after being titled and driven it is now worthless?? Seems $140K sounds about right, give or take a few thousand. Porsche made plenty of GT3s to satisfy demand which is always too many given the psychology of people who will only pay a premium for things others people can't get.
Old 09-26-2019, 01:59 PM
G12R
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Semi-related: if you're looking to buy, what is a good strategy for where to land between wholesale and retail prices? Obviously, you want as close to wholesale as possible, but I'm curious for those who know more, where is an efficient place in the range to target.

Would anyone be able to post an MMR for .1s, 2015? I'm caught in a decision loop between .1 and .2.
Old 09-26-2019, 02:33 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 356 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by amgmuch
But seriously though, where your paganis at bro?
had to check and make sure I wasn’t redirected to a Honda forum.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:11 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
You all paying ADMs for these cars learned a very valuable lesson. I’m actually glad this is happening because I think this lesson is the only way to educate people so that they don’t repeat this ADM stupidity next generation.
ADM's have nothing to do with future perceived value or future actual value....they have to do with high initial demand by people without a solid dealer and and low initial supply of "extra" allocations....plain and simple....it will repeat....
Old 09-26-2019, 03:15 PM
amgmuch
Intermediate

Originally Posted by djcxxx
So if the car does not command at least residual MSRP value after being titled and driven it is now worthless?? Seems $140K sounds about right, give or take a few thousand. Porsche made plenty of GT3s to satisfy demand which is always too many given the psychology of people who will only pay a premium for things others people can't get.
yeah I get that now. I am not mad about it. Just wanted to make sure. “Worthless” was a mere attention getter word.

Originally Posted by Bobby 911
had to check and make sure I wasn’t redirected to a Honda forum.
I realized when I went back and read it haha, it does sound like that. Me being 25
Old 09-26-2019, 03:45 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,751 Likes on 720 Posts

You’re sticker was $180 and they offering $140 for trade? That’s a stroke job. On top of that won’t come down to msrp on the RS? I’d keep driving your current or find a new dealer.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:29 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,266 Likes on 945 Posts

no it doesnt. Stop it.
The following users liked this post:
speedyj (09-27-2019)
Old 09-26-2019, 04:33 PM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 286 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by amgmuch
I was offered $140k for my GT3.
That number is $15k too high. What dealer is that? I would send them 2 Porsches I want to trade for newer ones.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: My pretty much worthless GT3