Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My pretty much worthless GT3

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 05:07 PM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

I think a 10% loss off retail on a car, after 1 to 2 yrs, is a great deal. I have 2 yrs 9k on my car. 140k would be amazing if we are talking about cars. 160k less 2 yrs, 140k 10k per year? thats an amazing return, with little loss take it I am keeping this one. I am sure the price will come up some when the new 992 comes out. they will be 10 to 15% more and start to hit the 170 to 200k range, so we will see a little rebound
Old 09-27-2019, 07:11 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Question is, will we learn our lesson for the 992.1 GT stuff...
The following users liked this post:
Yippiekiaye (09-28-2019)
Old 09-27-2019, 07:38 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 424 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by Dougr743
I think a 10% loss off retail on a car, after 1 to 2 yrs, is a great deal......
Agree 100% why are so many people so upset? Probably only because they bought with ADM or during the ADM rush thinking they struck it rich?
Old 09-27-2019, 11:41 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Sam I don't know if as men we will never learn from our mistakes.

These damn cars are like heroin for car people.

If I have the money and I'm in a Porsche dealer with my spec on the floor, I'm doomed just like the rest!
Old 09-27-2019, 11:48 PM
Sunny_M3
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

If you think your GT3 is worthless right now, you'll be feeling terrible if you sell it and then 5-6 years later its worth $100K more.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:51 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Mines probably worth $85k with almost 60,000 miles. Ha ha. thumbup:

Does that make you feel better!? Lol
foot2pedal911 (09-28-2019)
Old 09-28-2019, 12:04 AM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I hope we do....but you know how that goes.

So how's everything going with the 488?? Been back lately?
Old 09-28-2019, 01:54 AM
silvertige
Pro

Received 197 Likes on 119 Posts

I think so. I can't imagine dealers trying to pull ADM's on any GT cars at this point. The depreciation of the .1's was why people got crazy about the .2's and thinking they would move in the same direction price wise. Obviously, a very different result this time around.
Old 09-28-2019, 08:31 AM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

ADM is funny thing, great when you are selling terrible when buying. My dealer does not mark up new, but they all marked up used. If you are into boats, Wakeboard boats, you can see the trend with costs over 15 years. My first Malibu vlx in 2002 was under 40k. Now they are 140k. A clean 02 vlx sells for 30 to 40k A new, flagship wake boat, is up to 200k retail. So in 10 years, a new, gt3 will be 200 to 250k and we will see gen1 and gen2 cars in the 150k arena.

they will all be turbo, all pump out 700 hp, all have a hybrid option, all have the insane safety BS that I turn off in my work car, all have 500 cameras and all be tracked by our insurance companies. Then the non "connected" non trackable, non "warning light" cars will increase even more
Old 09-28-2019, 12:13 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcusG
Sam I don't know if as men we will never learn from our mistakes.

These damn cars are like heroin for car people.

If I have the money and I'm in a Porsche dealer with my spec on the floor, I'm doomed just like the rest!
yep aint that the truth... "hookers and blow would have been the cheaper vice"

Originally Posted by hayn911gt3
I hope we do....but you know how that goes.

So how's everything going with the 488?? Been back lately?
Yep very true my friend. 488 is just incredible without getting too OT. nearly 2k miles in a month with 1k miles in the first week of ownership... haven't been home in awhile since my last project finished but miss the rock like always!

Originally Posted by silvertige
I think so. I can't imagine dealers trying to pull ADM's on any GT cars at this point. The depreciation of the .1's was why people got crazy about the .2's and thinking they would move in the same direction price wise. Obviously, a very different result this time around.
We'll see, I'm betting with the shiny new toy of the next gen people will be salivating more than we think, but also I'd hope PAG will do what they can to beat down the flippers & stealers

Originally Posted by Dougr743
ADM is funny thing, great when you are selling terrible when buying. My dealer does not mark up new, but they all marked up used. If you are into boats, Wakeboard boats, you can see the trend with costs over 15 years. My first Malibu vlx in 2002 was under 40k. Now they are 140k. A clean 02 vlx sells for 30 to 40k A new, flagship wake boat, is up to 200k retail. So in 10 years, a new, gt3 will be 200 to 250k and we will see gen1 and gen2 cars in the 150k arena.

they will all be turbo, all pump out 700 hp, all have a hybrid option, all have the insane safety BS that I turn off in my work car, all have 500 cameras and all be tracked by our insurance companies. Then the non "connected" non trackable, non "warning light" cars will increase even more

I paid an ADM for my GT3, just chalk it up to the same type of expense as a vacation - it's for the experience. Get to get your own spec, get the car in your timeframe, not a lost cost... same as depreciation. If you view an ADM as a portion of a "return" of anything other than enjoyment (resale/value etc) IMO it's always a losing proposition
Old 09-28-2019, 04:49 PM
njcycleguy
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by silvertige
I think you meant the appreciation of the .1s. is what got people hyped that the .2s would do same.. I saw right thru that though and kept my .1.. probably longer than I should have.. but I did get out before today's market..

I also believe as they were delivered, many people realized the .2s weren't drastically different from the .1s they traded in for them. and at that point, since.1s were already depreciating, the sinking ship took everything in the same direction.
Old 09-28-2019, 04:54 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

I don't think there's anything wrong with someone paying MSRP or ADM or whatever. How about the cost to do delivery at a PORSCHE Experience Center. All worth it if you ask me.

These cars are all special compared to the hundreds of thousands or millions of Fords and Chevy's in the world.

It's all totally worth it if you can afford it and want to have your 1 of 1 or your special ordered spec.

Life is short.

I remember being with my mom when I was 10 or 11. We were in a fancy clothing store and she saw a sweater she loved. There was only one in her size. My father was a monster, engineer tight wad. She looked at me and said...

If you see something you want and there's only one... buy it. Because when you return the next day it will be gone.
Old 09-28-2019, 05:58 PM
erko1905
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 61 Posts

It's definitely one of the slowest depreciating cars I've ever owned, not that I'm tracking its values daily. At this price point, most regular cars depreciate extremely fast.

Don't get the RS - manual GT3 is the jam. Best manual car that money can buy today - and an absolute animal at the track - I won't sell mine as long as I can afford it. I'm not going to consider the bucket list item checked off until I can drive this car at its full potential on the tracks I frequent - it always seems to have another tenth in it.

I'm also not as certain that the next newest and greatest GT car will necessarily be better than this - given the direction most car makers are going, and the world is going in general.

As an aside, I do think that's a horrible offer from the dealer - I don't mind the trade-in as much as you always trade in at wholesale at a dealer but they should be able to do MUCH better on the RS given the profit on trade in. It took me a 3 hour sit down to agree on a price w the guys who sold me the car back in April - these things are always negotiable.
thinkingmonkey (09-30-2019)
Old 09-28-2019, 09:13 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,266 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Lets first see what the upcharge in MSRP will be for a 992 GT3. Based on the 718 GT4 it could be ~$35,000 which would certainly help .2 GT3 future values but who cares any way
I almost pulled the trigger on a gt3 this weekend but decided to wait a few months. I need a new car like I need a hole in the head and my garage is full at the moment with my 720 and incoming Pista.

but likely Decemberish market will soften further and I’ll get a gently loved one for pennies on the dollar. 992s imho will drive prices down similar to what happened with the previous generation gt3. I don’t see massive premiums cause Porsche screwed the pooch and got greedy and if you look at .2 rs values they haven’t nearly held up like before. Same with gt2.

Speedster market is also relatively soft and cars are going for at or around msrp.

Like me you I don’t really care cause I don’t worry about value. I buy to drive but make no mistake- global market is softening, cars prices are softening. Gt3 values will only go down and that only matters to dealers and flippers. For those of that buy cars to drive- meh- who cares. It’s the price of admission.
Old 09-28-2019, 09:15 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,266 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
I almost pulled the trigger on a gt3 this weekend but decided to wait a few months. I need a new car like I need a hole in the head and my garage is full at the moment with my 720 and incoming Pista.

but likely Decemberish market will soften further and I’ll get a gently loved one for pennies on the dollar. 992s imho will drive prices down similar to what happened with the previous generation gt3. I don’t see massive premiums cause Porsche screwed the pooch and got greedy and if you look at .2 rs values they haven’t nearly held up like before. Same with gt2.

Speedster market is also relatively soft and cars are going for at or around msrp.

Like me you I don’t really care cause I don’t worry about value. I buy to drive but make no mistake- global market is softening, cars prices are softening. Gt3 values will only go down and that only matters to dealers and flippers. For those of that buy cars to drive- meh- who cares. It’s the price of admission.
Let me rephrase before someone freaks out with the pennies on the dollar comment- it don’t mean prices will tank. The yellow Porsche of Tucson was like 179k msrp- they just dropped it to 149k. I think that’s a low 140, high 130s car.

Quick Reply: My pretty much worthless GT3