Text/Call: 213 394 2886

The following users liked this post:
718spyder (07-11-2021)
Old 12-15-2019, 03:39 PM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
I'm at Sebring and installed DSC and like it...but now my ESC and ESC+TC buttons will not light up red to turn of the stability and traction control.

I uninstalled DSC and put stock box back in and still ESC OFF OR ESC+TC OFF button no longer work.

My 2018 991.2 GT3 has FAL and it works and so does the sport button and the shock button....

Anyone???
Mike,
Any appreciable difference in lap times with the DSC?

I couldn't make it this weekend but will be there Jan 4/5.
Old 12-15-2019, 05:37 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by awew911
Mike,
Any appreciable difference in lap times with the DSC?

I couldn't make it this weekend but will be there Jan 4/5.
Nope..no difference in lap times...actually I did my best lap time Friday ever on stock unit. Probably because I drove better and got a few clean laps to work up to best lap time.

My car is stock, it’s been 8 months since I tracked and 3rd time ever in this car on 10k mile front tires and 5k rear tires street miles and 3 track days...I’m only at 2:21....mostly mid 22’s. I know the car can do so much more but driving at 8/10ths keeps me and car in 1 piece. I think with new tires and if I tracked more like I used to I’d be 19’s-20’s.

On the street in normal mode I can tell a slight difference in ride...it’s still a gt3, nothing life changing to me like others seem to report but to me DSC seems to make the shocks work faster if that means anything. On the track and on Sebring bumps in 17 maybe it feels a little more solid and grounded but at the bumps on T1 exit which are ridiculous brutal nothing changed between stock and DSC to me. I think during hard braking the rear end felt like it didn’t raise up as much...slight difference between DSC and stock. Same amount of lean through Bishops between both units. DSC is doing things but it’s not something that’s a big huge difference...just being honest.

If we are ever going to be at Sebring or any track together you should try DSC out...you are welcome to use mine whenever you want.

Last edited by mdrums; 12-15-2019 at 08:49 PM.
Old 12-15-2019, 08:07 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,036 Likes on 534 Posts

Mike, thanks for updating with your thoughts on DSC V3. I've been thinking about adding it to my .2.
Old 12-16-2019, 03:41 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 196 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
Mike, thanks for updating with your thoughts on DSC V3. I've been thinking about adding it to my .2.
Let us know if you would like pricing on it!

Next batch is coming in early January now.

-Josh
Old 12-17-2019, 12:16 AM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Nope..no difference in lap times...actually I did my best lap time Friday ever on stock unit. Probably because I drove better and got a few clean laps to work up to best lap time.

My car is stock, it’s been 8 months since I tracked and 3rd time ever in this car on 10k mile front tires and 5k rear tires street miles and 3 track days...I’m only at 2:21....mostly mid 22’s. I know the car can do so much more but driving at 8/10ths keeps me and car in 1 piece. I think with new tires and if I tracked more like I used to I’d be 19’s-20’s.

On the street in normal mode I can tell a slight difference in ride...it’s still a gt3, nothing life changing to me like others seem to report but to me DSC seems to make the shocks work faster if that means anything. On the track and on Sebring bumps in 17 maybe it feels a little more solid and grounded but at the bumps on T1 exit which are ridiculous brutal nothing changed between stock and DSC to me. I think during hard braking the rear end felt like it didn’t raise up as much...slight difference between DSC and stock. Same amount of lean through Bishops between both units. DSC is doing things but it’s not something that’s a big huge difference...just being honest.

If we are ever going to be at Sebring or any track together you should try DSC out...you are welcome to use mine whenever you want.
Thanks for the feedback, Mike! That helps. And 2:21 in the gt3 is pretty strong considering you haven't been on track for a while. very strong.

I'll be there Jan 4/5...hopefully see you there soon.
Old 12-17-2019, 02:26 PM
josephvman
Racer

Received 250 Likes on 129 Posts

I installed it a few weeks ago in my '18 GT3 with FA and the stock ECU "54" controller. Definitely a more compliant ride around town on our ****ty Houston streets, but I haven't had a chance to take it out to the twisties and really lean on it. No warning lights, and the hardest part of the installation was figuring out the orientation of the controller in the foam pocket since I pulled the stock one out a few days prior to get the ECU number and forgot to take a pic of how it sat in there. The only thing I've noticed is that when the FAL is engaged and I'm going over bumps at low speed (a speedbump for instance) the suspension almost feels like it's locked and hard as a rock. I didn't have the car for very long prior to getting the DSC but I don't really recall it being that hard in the lifted position.

Originally Posted by catdog2
So anymore feedback from others after DSC install??>
CX_GT3 (04-27-2021)
Old 12-18-2019, 08:50 PM
Matrog
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

That's normal. When FAL is raised, you do not want to hit a speed bump at speed. There is no give at all.
CX_GT3 (04-27-2021)
Old 12-24-2020, 04:16 AM
Nein11RS
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Been some time since anyone posted - I have a 2016 RS and considering this mod, although it is out of stock apparently....
Old 12-24-2020, 07:53 AM
hsb1001
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Nein11RS
Been some time since anyone posted - I have a 2016 RS and considering this mod, although it is out of stock apparently....
I put the DSC in my .1 RS and used it at Sebring = HOLY COW!!! Car was transformed on how smooth it became on track and was able to absorb all the crazy bumps that Sebring has. I set my quickest times but this also included a fresher set of tires with the DSC. Previously i couldn't push anywhere near as hard as I now can, the DSC smoothed it all out.

Looking forward to switching this over to my new car in the coming days.
Tom@TPC Racing (12-24-2020)
Old 12-24-2020, 08:49 AM
handdoc
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

i ordered one from soul during the sale, just waiting for it to arrive...soooo many ++++ things said about it
Old 12-24-2020, 10:00 AM
DSC Sport
Former Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by hsb1001
I put the DSC in my .1 RS and used it at Sebring = HOLY COW!!! Car was transformed on how smooth it became on track and was able to absorb all the crazy bumps that Sebring has. I set my quickest times but this also included a fresher set of tires with the DSC. Previously i couldn't push anywhere near as hard as I now can, the DSC smoothed it all out.

Looking forward to switching this over to my new car in the coming days.
Thank you for your feedback. We are very glad you like the improvement from your DSC!
Old 12-24-2020, 10:18 AM
DSC Sport
Former Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by handdoc
i ordered one from soul during the sale, just waiting for it to arrive...soooo many ++++ things said about it
We are currently shipping orders that were placed up until 11-29-20. The next production batch of DSC V3 controllers are scheduled for completion on 01-20-21, this new batch will fill orders that were placed from after 11-29-20.
Thank you for your business and for your patience. We are doing our best working within COVID restrictions for manufacturing and shipping.
Please rest assured that you will get an awesome product!
Old 12-24-2020, 12:14 PM
Nein11RS
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I will place an order when back-orders are complete - lmk if that happens sooner than February 2021 :-)
Old 12-29-2020, 12:17 AM
wmond
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Anyone else care to share their experience with the DSC v3 controller? I’ve read all the threads, feedback is anywhere from “transformative” to “meh”. I’m seriously considering it, it have not made a decision. And I’m in no rush, even though I drive the car all winter, no track events until April at the earliest. My perspective is that I like the way the car drives now, I don’t think it’s too hard on the street, and track, well, we all now how it performs there. Would love to hear anyone else’s thoughts, please, if you have one. Very much on the fence for this....
The following 2 users liked this post by wmond:
CarmineGT3 (12-29-2020), Nein11RS (12-29-2020)

Quick Reply: *New* DSC V3 for 991.2 GT3/RS with FAL