Sponsored by:

Michelin Sport Pilot 4S Tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 01:17 PM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by AnthonyGan
Wow this is interesting to see the ps4s wear like this, but I mean it makes sense since it’s not a dual compound! I really wanted to run this tire on my car, considering I’ve had very good success with them on other cars! I have these on a Huracan right now with -2.5 and -2 camber but only maybe have had that setup for 500 miles so only time will tell how the tires will last!
FYI, PS4S tire are multi-compound tires.
The following users liked this post:
AnthonyGan (11-29-2021)
Old 11-09-2022, 01:39 PM
rob944s2
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 155 Posts

Just had these installed on my Touring a couple weeks ago coming from the Dunlops. Night and day difference between the two tires. I could immediately feel the car had a lot more grip in corners and acceleration. Ride also feels a little less harsh. Drove the car in moderate rain yesterday and felt totally stable and predictable. The Dunlops might be faster on the track when new and under the right conditions, but these Pilot Sport 4S's are a fantastic all around tire, especially coming into winter driving around Vegas.

Too early to say how they will wear for me, but even if they wear poorly I'd be tempted to buy them again, they're great.
AlexCeres (11-10-2022)
Old 11-09-2022, 01:43 PM
Porsche444
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by rob944s2
Just had these installed on my Touring a couple weeks ago coming from the Dunlops. Night and day difference between the two tires. I could immediately feel the car had a lot more grip in corners and acceleration. Ride also feels a little less harsh. Drove the car in moderate rain yesterday and felt totally stable and predictable. The Dunlops might be faster on the track when new and under the right conditions, but these Pilot Sport 4S's are a fantastic all around tire, especially coming into winter driving around Vegas.

Too early to say how they will wear for me, but even if they wear poorly I'd be tempted to buy them again, they're great.

The Sport 4S tire is the best of all tires for around town, cruising, light canyon carving, rain, they are much quieter vs most tires, softer ride and will last 20-30k miles, just amazing tires.
Old 11-09-2022, 03:16 PM
slipaway37
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Gofishracing
I have them on my R32 VW- really nice. Just put them back on car the other day. I run Cup 2's on GT3. I don't think the 4S would hold up for a track day. Chunk I'm sure.
I literally ran the snot out of my old 4S trying to 'shred' them on Big Willow, Buttonwillow, and Thunder Hill with zero 'chunking,' and was amazed at how well they held-up!
Tires still had some remaining tread when I changed to Supercar 3s, and my friend used them on his 718 GT4 at Buttonwillow for one last iteration.
I do use them on my daily/street set of OEM wheels and could not be happier. And now having a track/street wheel/tire combo along with my own PI center lock setup is so much fun.
My also ensuring the center locks are installed and lubed CORRECTLY gives great piece-of-mind as have had 'reputable' entities often get that process incorrect.

Old 11-10-2022, 01:48 PM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by rob944s2

Did you feel like you lost some of the turn-in sharpness?

Old 11-11-2022, 01:24 PM
Porsche444
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by slipaway37
I literally ran the snot out of my old 4S trying to 'shred' them on Big Willow, Buttonwillow, and Thunder Hill with zero 'chunking,' and was amazed at how well they held-up!
Tires still had some remaining tread when I changed to Supercar 3s, and my friend used them on his 718 GT4 at Buttonwillow for one last iteration.
I do use them on my daily/street set of OEM wheels and could not be happier. And now having a track/street wheel/tire combo along with my own PI center lock setup is so much fun.
My also ensuring the center locks are installed and lubed CORRECTLY gives great piece-of-mind as have had 'reputable' entities often get that process incorrect.
As you replied to @Gofishracing, even though I think the 4S tires are the best year round tires, cant beat them, they are actually very very good for basic/entry level track use. When I first started tracking about 2 years ago, I thought the 4S tires were the best ever, but this was my first time on the track, and by the time I got faster, the 4S tires started chunking, they will NOT hold up under faster conditions. At Buttonwillow, I started out at about 2:15, which for the 4S tires are I think just fine, but by the time you get down to like 2:05, 2:00, or faster, the 4S tires will absolutely chunk, ask me how I know? LOL.

The Cup2's are awesome tires, great for colder weather, the Race2's are better for warmer weather. But this weekend, I ran the RT660's and hands down, the best track tire I have been on and I did PB few weeks ago at 1:56.

Last edited by Porsche444; 11-11-2022 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-11-2022, 01:34 PM
rob944s2
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by rcg412
Did you feel like you lost some of the turn-in sharpness?
I'm not seeing that on street driving, no. I have noticed that the car seems less darty / tracks less on freeway areas where that used to be noticeable.
Old 11-11-2022, 03:33 PM
slipaway37
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche444
As you replied to @Gofishracing, even though I think the 4S tires are the best year round tires, cant beat them, they are actually very very good for basic/entry level track use. When I first started tracking about 2 years ago, I thought the 4S tires were the best ever, but this was my first time on the track, and by the time I got faster, the 4S tires started chunking, they will NOT help up under faster conditions. At Buttonwillow, I started out at about 2:15, which for the 4S tires are I think just fine, but by the time you get down to like 2:05, 2:00, or faster, the 4S tires will absolutely chunk, ask me how I know? LOL.

The Cup2's are awesome tires, great for colder weather, the Race2's are better for warmer weather. But this weekend, I ran the RT660's and hands down, the best track tire I have been on and I did PB few weeks ago at 1:56.
What wheel setup are you running? I see no 20" RT660 avail?
Old 11-11-2022, 04:08 PM
Porsche444
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by slipaway37
What wheel setup are you running? I see no 20" RT660 avail?
thats the sad part, 20s just don’t have good options. I got titan 7 rims, running 245/35-19 and 305/30-19

Old 11-12-2022, 12:40 PM
bigskyGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

I just installed the 4s's on my GT3. I got a puncture in the left rear, so I figured it was a good time to try the 4s. I was only able to drive her a little and now she's in winter storage :-(
I can't comment on the rain performance yet but I really enjoy them on dry roads. Road noise is dramatically different and the ride is smoother. Grip is great on backroad twisty stuff.
The engine actually sounds different because the road noise is less invasive.
Old 11-12-2022, 03:56 PM
Porsche444
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bigskyGT3
I just installed the 4s's on my GT3. I got a puncture in the left rear, so I figured it was a good time to try the 4s. I was only able to drive her a little and now she's in winter storage :-(
I can't comment on the rain performance yet but I really enjoy them on dry roads. Road noise is dramatically different and the ride is smoother. Grip is great on backroad twisty stuff.
The engine actually sounds different because the road noise is less invasive.
On my previous GT3, I switched from Pzero to 4S and I’d say it was like 50-60% quieter, and so damn smooth, it just just amazing transformation!!!! Made the Pzero seem like Hockey pucks
bigskyGT3 (11-12-2022)
Old 11-12-2022, 06:57 PM
TheDangerZone
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 85 Posts

Looking forward to picking up my car next week from the shop. Swapped the worn Cup 2s for PS4S. Is there any sort of break in period before I can expect reasonable performance? I will be taking them on track next month as well.
Old 11-12-2022, 08:16 PM
R35driver
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 121 Posts

has anyone heard of Petlas tires ? the m2 comp i just got has them (petlas velox sport 741). they look to be super cheap. i can't find any legit reviews on them either. so far they seem ok and are hooking up around turns and cruising the highway ok. but i haven't pushed them.

Quick Reply: Michelin Sport Pilot 4S Tires