Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 05:02 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by mb1
I think you're bring a little delusional. Not going to happen.
About 15 years ago, I planned to meet a friend at a new James Bond movie. After both of us drove 30 minutes to get there, we found out that it was sold out. So after thinking about it for a few minutes, I found the nearest high school kids and offered them double the price they paid for their tickets. (I guess I risked $30 that the tickets weren't fraudulent). They were more than happy to sell me their tickets. Free market trade. Win-Win.
What you don't get is that the ADM paid by some of the wealthy individuals for a GT is movie ticket money to them. They want what they want, when they want it and are willing to pay what it takes to get it. That's not going away any time soon.
You paid the kid, not the theater.
Bartleby7334
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by mb1
I think you're bring a little delusional. Not going to happen.
About 15 years ago, I planned to meet a friend at a new James Bond movie. After both of us drove 30 minutes to get there, we found out that it was sold out. So after thinking about it for a few minutes, I found the nearest high school kids and offered them double the price they paid for their tickets. (I guess I risked $30 that the tickets weren't fraudulent). They were more than happy to sell me their tickets. Free market trade. Win-Win.
What you don't get is that the ADM paid by some of the wealthy individuals for a GT is movie ticket money to them. They want what they want, when they want it and are willing to pay what it takes to get it. That's not going away any time soon.
I think it’s more like Ticketmaster and concert ticket scalping... well capitalized middlemen cornering the market in desirable seats. If the manager of the stadium box office just happened to be ‘reserving’ some of those in demand concert tickets and offering to sell them to you ‘off the books’ for cash I’d call him or her a ‘Shiraaz’ ...

Last edited by Bartleby7334; 09-18-2018 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Spelling
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Douglas Jones
My thoughts exactly🤣

You can't make this stuff up here!!!

How people can just flat out lie or whatever
Old 09-18-2018, 05:04 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by ronhurt
All: I'm Ron Huritbise and I cover business for the South Florida Sun Sentinel. a daily newspaper covering the region that includes Champion Porsche. Although this story has been in the automotive media for some time, it has not yet been reported generally. I was hoping one of the buyers who gave money to Shiraaz Sookralli might be willing to tell me about your experience, and any other updates you might have heard about the case. I can be reached at rhurtibise@sun-sentinel.com or 954-356-4071. If my email or phone number is suppressed when I post this message, please contact me through the forum's PM function. Thanks.

Good luck with the story ...
Old 09-18-2018, 05:04 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Bartleby7334

I think it’s more like Ticketmaster and concert ticket scalping... well capitalized middlemen cornering the market in dersirable seats. If the manager of the stadium box office just happened to be ‘reserving’ some of those in demand concert tickets and offering to sell them to you ‘off the books’ for cash I’d call him or her a ‘Shiraaz’ ...
It’s been documented that Ticketmaster sells tickets to third parties before they go on sale to the general public.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:06 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 327 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
I can tell you that neither Porsche nor Champion will lose a sale over this, actually having the GT line all over the news will increase demand as it shows all this happened because they're in high demand. And Porsche will give Champion more allocations instead of being penalized.
Feel similarly, except Porsche isn't likely to reward Champion with more allocations from which to realize additional gross profit.

This story about theft by a rogue employee at a dealership lacking some internal controls. PAG and PCNA get free publicity for their GT cars Only those with an agenda (ADM, availability of GT cars) will look past the employee and the dealership that employed him.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:10 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

Loving STG's graphics (as usual), especially the WANTED ad. Let's get this thread back on point... publicizing and theorizing deceit, theft, mystery around the missing deposits.
I still can't figure out how 20-30 people put down such large amounts. Has anyone stated that they left a ~$100k deposit?
Old 09-18-2018, 05:13 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
With some ADM deposits of course.
My Dad's controller (who was supposedly vetted by the accountants) stole money from my Dad's company to pay back money stolen from the last company (Hughes helicopter distributor) he worked for. This was early eighties.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:15 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Loving STG's graphics (as usual), especially the WANTED ad. Let's get this thread back on point... publicizing and theorizing deceit, theft, mystery around the missing deposits.
I still can't figure out how 20-30 people put down such large amounts. Has anyone stated that they left a ~$100k deposit?
+1 and thanks ..

I'm making an "assumption" there are more than 25 victims. Makes no sense that you'd add up to $2.5MM with only that few. Most GT deposits are for the ADM's.

Shiraaz has been playing this shill Champion Motorsports fraud a long time. Didn't just start over the last few months. He took ADM's under it and guys even got their cars delivered.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:16 PM
Douglas Jones
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a deposit with a Porsche dealer for a Gt2rs and I gave them the adm as a deposit. Do you guys think I should ask for the deposit to be less and get back some of the money?
Old 09-18-2018, 05:18 PM
STG
Race Director

I have a deposit with a Porsche dealer for a Gt2rs and I gave them the adm as a deposit. Do you guys think I should ask for the deposit to be less and get back some of the money?

They'll probably say no. That way, they have their ADM locked in. With Champion??

Average dealer margin on a GT3 at MSRP is like $18,500.00 and sales guy makes like $4,500.00 commission out of it. Just so you know, sales guys are getting 20% commission of the ADM's on top of that too. Clears up the misconceptions GT cars are a loser for Porsche. Yeah right.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:20 PM
Douglas Jones
Track Day

Originally Posted by STG
They'll probably say no. That way, they have their ADM locked in. With Champion??
I actually tried with champion but they wanted more than I paid. I’m glad I went with the other dealer. I spoke to Shiraz and he was quite convincing and was really not flexible with the price.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:21 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 284 Posts

Was it ahem, Champion Porsche?
Old 09-18-2018, 05:24 PM
STG
Race Director

I actually tried with champion but they wanted more than I paid. I’m glad I went with the other dealer. I spoke to Shiraz and he was quite convincing and was really not flexible with the price.

How much did Shiraazy want?
Old 09-18-2018, 05:26 PM
Douglas Jones
Track Day

Originally Posted by STG
How much did Shiraazy want?
DM don’t want to post much about that dodged bullet.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing