Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 09:10 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

My prediction is that this thread will be alive and well for a long time. I can see the posts by John Does months from now asking where their money is.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:13 PM
ginmqi
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Surprised there's no bounty on him yet.

Interested/capable parties should get together and offer like a $10,000 finder's fee for whomever leads LEO to the capture of this wanted person.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:14 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

Forgive me if this was already posted.

https://www.law.com/dailybusinessrev...20180818201301
Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2018, 09:14 PM
STG
Race Director

I'm not sure how the process works. They haven't even served him the papers yet. Would he have a warrant out for his arrest? Not sure what the police could even do if someone told them where he was at.

Lawyers??
Old 09-18-2018, 09:16 PM
TeutonicCarFan
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Attachment 1291491

Attachment 1291490

Recent sightings could include beaches, nightclubs, strip joints, or exotic car dealerships. Please report any sightings to Rennlist.

Is there anywhere he'll be able to hide with all the coverage he's gotten?

He's a household name in the auto world.
I wonder if he owed money to the wrong people. They got him to pull all the money and now he's in the belly of an alligator?
Old 09-18-2018, 10:06 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

"Contacts that he developed". Every "contact" he developed were facilitated by his employment by Champion. Every one of those "contacts" belong to his employer.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:26 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
"Contacts that he developed". Every "contact" he developed were facilitated by his employment by Champion. Every one of those "contacts" belong to his employer.

Nice post and correct. Like I mentioned he tried minimizing the dealers association. Total hack job article.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:26 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Guys ... US Franchise law dictates franchisors cannot dictate pricing to franchisees. US Porsche dealers are franchisees. They are not company owned stores, nor are they just retail dealers like Rolex. Different scenarios there.
You know Ferrari SpA dictates that all new cars sell at MSRP. Dealers really monitor their customers and many approach good customers to buy, hold for 6 months and then flip. Secondary market prices are not dictated by Home Office and pricing can be the Wild West. In this case, customers really must try hard to retain good graces
Old 09-19-2018, 01:16 AM
shiraz
Racer

Originally Posted by STG
LOL .. The reporter actually looks like me

I was actually going to go by there and apply for the vacant Vice President of Marketing position.

Think I would qualify?
No, that's my job!
Old 09-19-2018, 01:27 AM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
You know Ferrari SpA dictates that all new cars sell at MSRP. Dealers really monitor their customers and many approach good customers to buy, hold for 6 months and then flip. Secondary market prices are not dictated by Home Office and pricing can be the Wild West. In this case, customers really must try hard to retain good graces
and Apple does it as well. I don’t know technically how but they also fix the MSRP, I.e. Best Buy. They have to sell at the same price as the mother ship. I am confident it could get done if they actually wanted to.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:42 AM
sqweak
Rennlist Member

Received 209 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt

and Apple does it as well. I don’t know technically how but they also fix the MSRP, I.e. Best Buy. They have to sell at the same price as the mother ship. I am confident it could get done if they actually wanted to.
thats a retailer relationship, not franchise. Also, not entirely true. Best Buy regularly runs sales on MacBooks of a couple hundred off, even if they’re usually sold at full price.

However, McDonald’s, subway, and dozens of other franchisors seem to have plenty of luck dictating prices (dollar menu, 5 dollar foot longs) to their franchisees in spite of STG’s insistance that is impossible.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:53 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by sqweak

However, McDonald’s, subway, and dozens of other franchisors seem to have plenty of luck dictating prices (dollar menu, 5 dollar foot longs) to their franchisees in spite of STG’s insistance that is impossible.

These are promotions. I'm not going to argue this. Go talk to an attorney about franchise law. I know what I'm talking about.

We're getting off subject here with all this what dealers should charge, etc.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:57 AM
jeffostroff
Track Day

Coincidentally, we live local to Champion Porsche they are only a few miles up the road from my house and I stopped by there yesterday to take some photos for our detailed blog post about the scam, as well as our tips for how the Porche buyers could have avoided the scam with a few simple sanity checks.

You can see our article here: https://www.carbuyingtips.com/articl...s-deposits.htm

We have a lot more details about Sookralli than some of the other articles, like the $175,000 in damages that he rang up with American Express and walked away. They sued him in court and garnished his wages 25% but now that he left Champion Porsche, Amex can't get any more money from him.

Also others on this thread mentioned that Sookralli had paid back some of the money, that is not correct, he gave 4 "refund checks" back to one customer, M & L Luxury Cars, who wired him a $350,000 deposit! FOOLISH!

But all 4 checks bounced. They did not get their money back, and there was a settlement in May between them and Champion Porsche.

Ironically, they called in the Broward Sheriff's Office to investigate what a joke, you might recall our inept sheriff Scott Israel failed to protect 17 dead victims of the Stoneman Douglas shooting, and one of the victims was a piano student friend of my daughter and I. We are very disillusioned with BSO right now. 45 calls to the shooters house over the years and they falsified the outcomes to deflect blame away from them.

This case belongs with the FBI and Secret service, not the Keystone cops.

Also, I was talking with a friend tonight, a producer at our local ABC station, she wanted to talk to anybody who wired in money so if you want to to talk to her, please let me know.

BTW Am I the only one here suspicious that Dave Meraj, the owner of Champion Porsche, drowned in July at the Boca Resort just a couple of months before this was all bubbling to the surface?
Old 09-19-2018, 02:16 AM
Douglas Jones
Track Day

Originally Posted by jeffostroff
Coincidentally, we live local to Champion Porsche they are only a few miles up the road from my house and I stopped by there yesterday to take some photos for our detailed blog post about the scam, as well as our tips for how the Porche buyers could have avoided the scam with a few simple sanity checks.

You can see our article here: https://www.carbuyingtips.com/articl...s-deposits.htm

We have a lot more details about Sookralli than some of the other articles, like the $175,000 in damages that he rang up with American Express and walked away. They sued him in court and garnished his wages 25% but now that he left Champion Porsche, Amex can't get any more money from him.

Also others on this thread mentioned that Sookralli had paid back some of the money, that is not correct, he gave 4 "refund checks" back to one customer, M & L Luxury Cars, who wired him a $350,000 deposit! FOOLISH!

But all 4 checks bounced. They did not get their money back, and there was a settlement in May between them and Champion Porsche.

Ironically, they called in the Broward Sheriff's Office to investigate what a joke, you might recall our inept sheriff Scott Israel failed to protect 17 dead victims of the Stoneman Douglas shooting, and one of the victims was a piano student friend of my daughter and I. We are very disillusioned with BSO right now. 45 calls to the shooters house over the years and they falsified the outcomes to deflect blame away from them.

This case belongs with the FBI and Secret service, not the Keystone cops.

Also, I was talking with a friend tonight, a producer at our local ABC station, she wanted to talk to anybody who wired in money so if you want to to talk to her, please let me know.

BTW Am I the only one here suspicious that Dave Meraj, the owner of Champion Porsche, drowned in July at the Boca Resort just a couple of months before this was all bubbling to the surface?
Good story and great tips.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:26 AM
Chuckuzzo
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

To me, ADM is almost as disgusting as tips in the restaurant biz...

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing