Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 02:28 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Jeff Ostroff, thanks for the post and story. Many of the facts you stated have been uncovered here (by a few Rennlisters) as an FYI. I have them summarized on the first page of the thread. Regardless, nice write up and glad you decided to introduce yourself and the story! Although, you have a little cleaning up to do on some details to polish up the accuracy. I can get them to you tomorrow.

Agree on all your other points as well
Old 09-19-2018, 02:34 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,873 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
My prediction is that this thread will be alive and well for a long time. I can see the posts by John Does months from now asking where their money is.
More likely everyone with a loss will have been made whole by Champion before the end of the month. But I’m sure you’ll keep it alive long after...
Old 09-19-2018, 02:38 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
More likely everyone with a loss will have been made whole by Champion before the end of the month. But I’m sure you’ll keep it alive long after...

In 11 days?? Wanna bet on it Archie??

Last edited by STG; 09-19-2018 at 02:55 AM.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:02 AM
darma1md
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the light of what happened at Champion Porsche, I am sure that a lot of us went thru similar experiences. Porsche dealers in this country has been taking advantage of Porschephiles, fans, enthusiasts, or loyalist all this years. It is time for us to demand PCNA to change this by requiring dealers to sell no more than MSRP to customers. Dealers has been taking advantage of us for years because of our loyalty. It is time for us to demand changes. Send your e-mail to customer.commitment@porsche.us and demand that PCNA do something with this "dealer abuse".

I had a good dealer (Monterey) that sold me GT car with MSRP, but it all changes recently when new GM decided to charge huge markup for GT3 I ordered a year ago.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:36 AM
Porsche71
1st Gear

Default Ok

I have bought, sold and traded in many cars at Champion Porsche, and I can tell you this company has always been first class all the way. I knew Dave and he is a legend in this business. We can not drag this company because of SS. SS fooled them and lied and conned his way into their lives, and defrauded people. Champion is cleaning up the mess. I have met the Maraj family, the sons and daughter, and these are very good people. These people are fixing the problem, offering 2019 allocation slots and giving back money. They learned a valuable lesson people. Going on and on about it, in an attempt to drag Champion’s name through the mud, is pointless. No matter what, Champion will remain a champion. SS will go to prison and everyone will either get another allocation and their money back. The victims have pretty happy with their results. This thread is becoming redundant. Cmon people, let up.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:45 AM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,498 Likes on 804 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffostroff

BTW Am I the only one here suspicious that Dave Meraj, the owner of Champion Porsche, drowned in July at the Boca Resort just a couple of months before this was all bubbling to the surface?
I completely agree. This is the elephant in the room. He mysteriously drowns in a non boating accident weeks before **** hits the fan? rightttttttt

Theres way more going on with this story.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:07 AM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,302 Likes on 887 Posts

Popcorn!

Get yer popcorn here!

Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, PayPal, Apple Pay accepted
Old 09-19-2018, 07:27 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 662 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by darma1md
In the light of what happened at Champion Porsche, I am sure that a lot of us went thru similar experiences. Porsche dealers in this country has been taking advantage of Porschephiles, fans, enthusiasts, or loyalist all this years. It is time for us to demand PCNA to change this by requiring dealers to sell no more than MSRP to customers. Dealers has been taking advantage of us for years because of our loyalty. It is time for us to demand changes. Send your e-mail to customer.commitment@porsche.us and demand that PCNA do something with this "dealer abuse".

I had a good dealer (Monterey) that sold me GT car with MSRP, but it all changes recently when new GM decided to charge huge markup for GT3 I ordered a year ago.
If enough enthusiasts take their $ elsewhere, this “taking advantage of Porschephiles” will resolve on its own.

I’m very happy with a non GT Porsche for street use, preferring a dedicated caged car for track use. However if faced with an ADM in order to get a GT car, I’d seriously look to a different marque.

And I’m as much of a Porsche fanboy as you’ll find, having owned one or more of them consistently over the past 30 years.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:12 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Would there not have to be communications between Champion and PCNA/PAG regarding new RS allocations promised in lieu of the non-existent GT3s?
Old 09-19-2018, 08:16 AM
993KHTO
Racer

Originally Posted by Porsche71
I have bought, sold and traded in many cars at Champion Porsche, and I can tell you this company has always been first class all the way. I knew Dave and he is a legend in this business. We can not drag this company because of SS. SS fooled them and lied and conned his way into their lives, and defrauded people. Champion is cleaning up the mess. I have met the Maraj family, the sons and daughter, and these are very good people. These people are fixing the problem, offering 2019 allocation slots and giving back money. They learned a valuable lesson people. Going on and on about it, in an attempt to drag Champion’s name through the mud, is pointless. No matter what, Champion will remain a champion. SS will go to prison and everyone will either get another allocation and their money back. The victims have pretty happy with their results. This thread is becoming redundant. Cmon people, let up.
Which models exactly please?
Looking back in history, if this happened during 993 production, do you think a buyer with their heart set on a 993 would accept a 996?!?!? Looking back at this 993/996 example, I find it difficult for many to accept?
Old 09-19-2018, 08:18 AM
993KHTO
Racer

Originally Posted by Archimedes
More likely everyone with a loss will have been made whole by Champion before the end of the month.
You are obviously not involved.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:35 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 235 Posts

It would be rich of Porsche or Champion to deflect affected customers into a GT3RS if all they wanted was a manual GT3. If the end goal is to sell the GT3RS and try and purchase one of the many "used" GT3's out there then fine but I'm sure there's a number of pissed GT3 buyers regardless of Champions intentions here. Would additional compensation be in the cards in the case of GT3's?
Old 09-19-2018, 08:40 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,421 Likes on 2,514 Posts

I do think a lot of these RL threads contribute to perception of scarcity, increased demand, and ADMs. Similar to the way hot stocks rise during market bubbles because they’re perceived to be hot.

My solution has generally been to not get caught up in the mania, just wait until things settle down and prices come back to reality.

No one will die if they can’t get their fantasy GT car RIGHT NOW. IMO, it’s a bit silly that being “made whole” requires getting another allocation, not just getting back a large deposit (which shouldn’t have been given in the first place).

Last edited by Manifold; 09-19-2018 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:40 AM
993KHTO
Racer

Originally Posted by jeffostroff
Coincidentally, we live local to Champion Porsche they are only a few miles up the road from my house and I stopped by there yesterday to take some photos for our detailed blog post about the scam, as well as our tips for how the Porche buyers could have avoided the scam with a few simple sanity checks.

You can see our article here: https://www.carbuyingtips.com/articl...s-deposits.htm

We have a lot more details about Sookralli than some of the other articles, like the $175,000 in damages that he rang up with American Express and walked away. They sued him in court and garnished his wages 25% but now that he left Champion Porsche, Amex can't get any more money from him.

Also others on this thread mentioned that Sookralli had paid back some of the money, that is not correct, he gave 4 "refund checks" back to one customer, M & L Luxury Cars, who wired him a $350,000 deposit! FOOLISH!

But all 4 checks bounced. They did not get their money back, and there was a settlement in May between them and Champion Porsche.

Ironically, they called in the Broward Sheriff's Office to investigate what a joke, you might recall our inept sheriff Scott Israel failed to protect 17 dead victims of the Stoneman Douglas shooting, and one of the victims was a piano student friend of my daughter and I. We are very disillusioned with BSO right now. 45 calls to the shooters house over the years and they falsified the outcomes to deflect blame away from them.

This case belongs with the FBI and Secret service, not the Keystone cops.

Also, I was talking with a friend tonight, a producer at our local ABC station, she wanted to talk to anybody who wired in money so if you want to to talk to her, please let me know.

BTW Am I the only one here suspicious that Dave Meraj, the owner of Champion Porsche, drowned in July at the Boca Resort just a couple of months before this was all bubbling to the surface?
It was NOT “all done outside the system.”
Old 09-19-2018, 08:46 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche71
Just curious, how are they providing extra allocations to these customers? Are they receiving extra or taking them from customers already on the list?

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing