Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saying Goodbye to my Golf Blue .2GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 11:15 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

The "juice" isn't worth the squeeze. The State of Nevada is enforcing the Montana scam. Local dealership here in town won't sell any cars that use a Montana LLC for registration.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:31 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
The "juice" isn't worth the squeeze. The State of Nevada is enforcing the Montana scam. Local dealership here in town won't sell any cars that use a Montana LLC for registration.
I'm surprised PNH participates.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:32 PM
dog bucks
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I flipped a car, I liked it.
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!
Old 08-07-2018, 01:23 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale

Yes. That’s exactly right.

It’s common practice to spend a few grand on the bra and coating on a PTS GT car if you know there is still another $20k on the table and you plan to drive it for a month or two until you flip it back. You’ll find that many of the “used” GT cars with delivery miles have aftermarket stuff on them. It helps feed the F&I office, if nothing else.

Usually the real end-user will consider those additional items as a positive rather than negative.
You missed my point. My point is that I doubt anyone on this thread, much less Martin, would waste all that time and effort securing a car to make maybe a $10k profit. I suspect he, like almost everyone commenting in this thread, can make $10k a whole lot easier than that. People are imagining a conspiracy where none exists.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:28 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
People are imagining a conspiracy where none exists.
Some of us are just having some fun at Martins expense.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:10 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,029 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
FIFY
Originally Posted by ExMB

So I take this to mean that you made $ on the sell back despite all of your expenses. And all of that was applied to your incoming RS which you are getting at MSRP. Did I miss anything?
I LOST money and I got a check for the sale, my RS isn't coming until Feb 2019. I got the RS allocation at MSRP months ago before I even considered selling the GT3 so I didn't see the GT3 to get the RS allocation. Hope that clears things up.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:57 AM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

I tried to Martin my car...now I drive a prius...I must have skipped a step...
Old 08-07-2018, 11:06 AM
wolfmobil
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey guys, John from PNH (stand up guy) admits they sold this car for MSRP. He also now says in the for sale thread they own it for more than MSRP. Martin admits he did not drive the car. So, the formula is: Buy at MSRP - Don't Drive - Sell for Over MSRP. He loves cars and hets BS. I also love cars and don't like hypocrites. I posted it in the for sale thread as a response to Jonh's comments, which I admit is a mistake, but since Martin politely asked the mods to remove this comment I post it here since this thread is fair game.
Old 08-07-2018, 11:21 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
I just ran the locator and there are no Porsche dealerships in Montana ... LoL!
Old 08-07-2018, 11:55 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,364 Likes on 831 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I LOST money and I got a check for the sale, my RS isn't coming until Feb 2019. I got the RS allocation at MSRP months ago before I even considered selling the GT3 so I didn't see the GT3 to get the RS allocation. Hope that clears things up.
OK, I read "got" instead of "lost" in your post. Thanx for the clarification/correction
Old 08-07-2018, 12:01 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wolfmobil
Hey guys, John from PNH (stand up guy) admits they sold this car for MSRP. He also now says in the for sale thread they own it for more than MSRP. Martin admits he did not drive the car. So, the formula is: Buy at MSRP - Don't Drive - Sell for Over MSRP. He loves cars and hets BS. I also love cars and don't like hypocrites. I posted it in the for sale thread as a response to Jonh's comments, which I admit is a mistake, but since Martin politely asked the mods to remove this comment I post it here since this thread is fair game.
Last time I checked, didn't you post your Touring for over MSRP? And no, I didn't ask the mods to delete your post...they did that on their own. I had 6 cars before I sold the GT3 and the car wasn't being driven enough hence I sold it, not sure why that is tough to understand.

Tell me....how long should I have kept the car to not be a flipper? How many miles should I have put on it before I sold it to not be a flipper?
Old 08-07-2018, 12:24 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Name:  photo595.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  111.4 KB
Old 08-07-2018, 12:35 PM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Flipping is flipping - win or lose. Some are just really bad at it
Old 08-07-2018, 12:48 PM
wolfmobil
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Last time I checked, didn't you post your Touring for over MSRP? And no, I didn't ask the mods to delete your post...they did that on their own. I had 6 cars before I sold the GT3 and the car wasn't being driven enough hence I sold it, not sure why that is tough to understand.

Tell me....how long should I have kept the car to not be a flipper? How many miles should I have put on it before I sold it to not be a flipper?
I paid over MSRP for this car and was asking over. The difference is I am not bashing people or dealers asking over MSRP. I am also not trying to avoid paying taxes by registering cars in Montana while having a primary residence and keeping the cars in California. Maybe change your line to just "Loves cars."
Old 08-07-2018, 12:52 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wolfmobil
I paid over MSRP for this car and was asking over. The difference is I am not bashing people or dealers asking over MSRP. I am also not trying to avoid paying taxes by registering cars in Montana while having a primary residence and keeping the cars in California. Maybe change your line to just "Loves cars."
I only bash dealers who spec and sell new GT cars for over MSRP (also dealers who troll around the country to get additional GT cars to sell for over MSRP) because I know for sure they have enough good customers that deserve those cars at MSRP. Why did you pay over MSRP? Aren't you a good customer of Manhattan Motors? Or do they not sell their GT cars for MSRP to their good customers?

Quick Reply: Saying Goodbye to my Golf Blue .2GT3