Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 01:56 AM
pors9
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
^ pors9
and frankly there are just a handful of ppl who touch more GT2/3RS
Mooty ... I am not going to call you out on this ... but we know a lot of the same people whether you know that or not. What I am tired of on RL is all the BS, its that simple.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:58 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,688 Likes on 2,337 Posts

^ i am sure we do.
and there are plenty bs on RL of late.
but i do want more RS at 125 adm
Old 07-01-2018, 02:26 AM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Pors9,

I have a question for you.

On your webpage (search for vehicles), you claim to have "proprietary access to the owners attached to the vehicles in our database."

Is this true? If so, could you define "access to the owners."

Thank you,
CW
Old 07-01-2018, 12:14 PM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Well good thing I'm not relying on you for any business then - but thanks for your counsel. Sauce? LMK when your post count gets over 128 and then maybe I'll give up drinking altogether. I'll say this for you ... at least unlike @RyanDDWPartners ... who not only brags about his Porsche sales accolades and thereby surreptitiously promotes his independent dealer employer ... but then isn't a paid sponsor ... and even worse is too cheap to even be a paid member ... you are.[/QUOTE]

Lest ye be judged by the quality and not the quantity of one's posts. Ha, nevermind, my posts don't have much quality either. Carry on.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:01 PM
pors9
Banned

Originally Posted by 911therapy
Well good thing I'm not relying on you for any business then - but thanks for your counsel. Sauce? LMK when your post count gets over 128 and then maybe I'll give up drinking altogether. I'll say this for you ... at least unlike @RyanDDWPartners ... who not only brags about his Porsche sales accolades and thereby surreptitiously promotes his independent dealer employer ... but then isn't a paid sponsor ... and even worse is too cheap to even be a paid member ... you are.
Lest ye be judged by the quality and not the quantity of one's posts. Ha, nevermind, my posts don't have much quality either. Carry on.[/QUOTE]

Carry on indeed ... one must subscribe to no harm no foul on a public forum or they probably shouldn't be there.

Otherwise my point is that one should not take any information shared by a dealer seriously at all. They have zero reason to accurately share their information. For example you never hear 'we have bought at least four from their owners for $120k over and then resold them for from $175k to $225k over'

If you read the posts about how many GT2RS are being sold at irrational exuberant markups they are either all the same cars shuffling around or the math does not make sense.

1. GT2RS have only hit our shores starting around June 1 - how many? Not many. And this is why they sell with a markup at all.
2. How many are VIP owned with strict resale limitations and so will not be sold - how many? Many. So probably only 15% of the cars here are truly for sale.
3. So how many actual on the ground cars are actually trading? Really not many. I'd guess around a dozen at most.

So even if there a few anecdotes of buyers paying $200k+ over that does not mean that's the market ... there is always dumb money that just has to have it ... but its like auction prices when people say they 'set the market' ... well not really.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:09 PM
pors9
Banned

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
Pors9,

I have a question for you.

On your webpage (search for vehicles), you claim to have "proprietary access to the owners attached to the vehicles in our database."

Is this true? If so, could you define "access to the owners."

Thank you,
CW
Well I can tell you that every car out there someone knows about it. Like a local dealer or independent repair shop. So if you mean exclusive access - of course not. But 'proprietary access to owners' - meaning we know who the owner is and how to contact them - and we have this data on a mass scale, not just a car or two here or there because its local or because we sold it in the past ... and that data set is our proprietary data. Yes it's true.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:39 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,740 Likes on 5,127 Posts

Originally Posted by pors9
Well I can tell you that every car out there someone knows about it. Like a local dealer or independent repair shop. So if you mean exclusive access - of course not. But 'proprietary access to owners' - meaning we know who the owner is and how to contact them - and we have this data on a mass scale, not just a car or two here or there because its local or because we sold it in the past ... and that data set is our proprietary data. Yes it's true.
You don’t have my data.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:53 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

**** thread.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:03 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

I am just hoping prices drop to near MSRP in the future so I can buy one and drive the wheels off of it. I'm enamored with this iteration of the widowmaker for some inexplicable reason and I much prefer the 2RS to the 3RS *personally*. To those who can afford the ADM/car at current market price, I am just happy for you and hope you enjoy/drive the car in good health
Old 07-01-2018, 06:49 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 974 Likes on 424 Posts

+1000

You should see what this kid/stalker has posted about me in the 918/CGT thread. He posts an old home address of mine and pretends to be related to me. He's not a Porsche owner and he doesn't offer any valid information/contribution.

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...l#post15109297

Originally Posted by indianam3
This is a particularly disturbing post. Say as much as you want about any of us, but when personal information is obtained and posted whats next. Someones address? Where there kids go to school?

The moderator should delete this thread asap. If this is where we are going as a group I am out,
Old 07-01-2018, 08:16 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Your response reminds me of the processed meat popularized by a Bavarian gentleman named Oscar F Mayer: BA’ LONE’ KNEE.

Either you have proprietary information or you don’t. Proprietary means exclusive, legal right to the information, and this is what you are leading potential buyers to believe on your website. You cannot claim to have proprietary access and then just default to: “every car out there someone knows about. Like a local dealer or independent repair shop.”

Your website claims to have proprietary access to the owners of every car in your database. When someone does a search for a Porsche 918 within your “proprietary database," the search results shows 300 available. This is simply the number of new 918’s sold in the US in total, and you absolutely do not have proprietary access to those owners, nor the cars. Same goes for all the models you “specialize” in.

https://**********/vehiclesearch/
Old 07-01-2018, 08:22 PM
tebbnsx
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is not what I said ..

read the post. I said I have not seen actual ADM more than $100k. That means a new car - not a second hand car. So real ADM to the original buyer. Second hand cars don't have ADM .. they have a price - which can be measured in terms as over MSRP if you like but its misnomer to call it ADM.

Anyone paying $225k over either doesnt care that they are are way over market or has the concept of bragging rights all *** backwards.

Ive sold 6 2RS allocations from 1 store and only the FIRST one I sold was 100k over. Every other allocation was from 125-165k over msrp of the build.
Old 07-01-2018, 09:33 PM
FLGT
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit

You don’t have my data.

Pors9 -
You dont have my data either, or that of anyone I know.

Last edited by FLGT; 07-02-2018 at 07:00 AM.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:49 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 261 Posts

I am really enjoying this thread.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:21 AM
F40-r
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

One sold in Australia for $285k over MSRP. Nothing is impossible...

Quick Reply: GT2RS For Sale, locally in Scottsdale